A Question for people aged 13 to 18 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
ELAL expert !

STN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast icon
A Question for people aged 13 to 18

I want to know if you have a special room for your model airport or models ? I am trying to prove something to my father who says I am limited to my box/medium sized bedroom and he doesn't believe that people my age have a special room for it !
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #2

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started
Re: A Question for people aged 13 to 18

Well, other than my bedroom, I didn't (and even now I still don't, and nor am I bothered by it). Of course, back then I had a model railway, not these airyplaine thingies.

That said, when I was that age, there WAS a special room in the house where I liked to go, but, ENOUGH OF THAT!!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
he doesn't believe that people at my age have a special room for it !
Are you 24 years old or not ?? You just shot yourself on your foot.

For crying out loud, aren't you 24 like it says on your status right below your username? ? Or are you lying about your age...

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
RJ First Officer

shakeyburns is getting startedshakeyburns is getting startedshakeyburns is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Are you 24 years old or not ?? You just shot yourself on your foot.

For crying out loud, aren't you 24 like it says on your status right below your username? ? Or are you lying about your age...
I was wondering the same thing Rex!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #5

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

It can't be as bad as that highly odd guy on DA.C who claims to be 5!!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

Looking at the other post from him...he's 13...And You're parents shouldn't give you every little thing you want. So stay with your bedroom. Be a man.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
There's a difference between being an older member posing as 5 years old to a 13 years old, posing as if he was older (like this kid at 13) Whenever he posts something about his parents, it contradicts everything on his posts. Like I'm 24 and "My parents won't let me buy more models" Haha

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #8

True. Actually, if I was to ask for model planes as Christmas or Birthday presents, I'd probably be disowned, or at least told where to go jump. I have WAY too many in their eyes.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

I'm 15 (going on 16) and I'm still sharing a medium-sized bedroom with my 18-month younger brother. I have to make do with the small amount of space I'm allowed but I put up with it because it can't be helped. I consider myself lucky to even have a shelf to put my planes on.

If you're trying to prove to your father that some people do devote a separate room for their hobby such as collecting model aircraft in this case, then I'm sure you can find proof on DA.C to show him, but if you're trying to convince him to give you a room for your model planes, then I think you're going a bit far. Just get more shelving or something. In fact, I need to get some new shelving as I cannot fit any more model planes on my shelves (it's only two shelves but I've still run out of space).
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

I have a dedicated room for the airport and my plastic scale modelling. Although I keep my models in my bedroom in my Ikea cabinet! The room is mainly for modelling as the MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) STINKS!
We (my parents and myself) are currently discussing whether to utilise and board the loft over the insulation to install my airport which is in production. This is a weird thread..

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 12-02-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
I wonder who that can be?

Quote:
There's a difference between being an older member posing as 5 years old to a 13 years old, posing as if he was older (like this kid at 13) Whenever he posts something about his parents, it contradicts everything on his posts. Like I'm 24 and "My parents won't let me buy more models" Haha
That's the intrawebs for ya! You'll never know who someone really is. Though in the case of STN, once he got sniffed out as being 12 (at the time), I never really saw him claim to be older than he was.

Even though I am 21, I myself wish I could set up a huge perminate table diorama. Of course, I do have enough space (some 63cmx45cm) to make a small T-Gauge layout with a small 1:500 scale airport scene. Got it all planned out, just gotta get the things I need for it.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog

My parents gave me the old laundry room in the basement but I am completly responsible for everything in that room including all the pipes and etc and it's not as sweet as it sounds but I love my hobby and all the extra work is worth it. I now have 6 airports, 2 of mega size. The 2 giant ones share the basement room and the other 4 are smaller ones in my room.
Frank Luke Jr. International
Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

If I still lived in a 6 bedroom house, I would. But since I live in a 4 bedroom condominium, no I don't because there aren't any extra rooms.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

I am only 19 years old and working in an IT Company, that supports my Hobby
My first plan is to have a room for my little collection but my parents told me to put my collections in our Living Room inside a glass cabinet with locked, they said that they are happy to see my airplanes always.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #15
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

Be happy with your bedroom. It doesn't matter what other kids have. Your parents are your parents. Until you move out then you have to live by their rules. I know it is tough though :-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: