Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
First Officer

Scottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributor
Talking Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!)

Below was the hypothetical discussion.........

As I`m sure you are all aware Ryanair`s Michael O`Leary joked about the possibility of charging passengers for the use of onboard loos.........

Below were the two toilets considered.......

The one on the left was the eventual winner! MOL stated that the Granite finish in the one on the right was a bit posh for their planes and he didn`t want passengers spending the whole flight in the luxury of the toilet missing all the annoying cabin announcements selleing lottery tickets and other niff, naff and trivia!!

Left shot - Iraero AN-26 .......... .......... Right shot Emirates A380.
Attached Thumbnails
Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!)-an26_loo.jpg   Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!)-em380_lo.jpg  
Scottish_DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #2

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started
Re: Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!)

The passengers get a Bum deal from Ryan Air yet again!!
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
The passengers get a Bum deal from Ryan Air yet again!!
But is it a bum deal?
In my opinion, if they want to charge, good for them, we never use aircraft toilets anyway (germ trap!) and if it allows us to fly for 0.02 total (Visa Electron cuts costs ), and nothing extra.. then great! We always adhere to the guidelines of the contract when we buy the tickets (arrive 2 hours earl, max baggage weight etc..), and if it allows us to travel to places we would not have flown to before at a stupidly reduced price then I'm fine with charging for bogs.. as I never use them

The AN-26 bogs looks rather... scummy and unsanitary?! LOL
And TBH.. I wouldn't mind having the EK loos as my own

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #4

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Seeing as I only ever fly when I have to, I'll probably never know.

As for all that parlarvar about turning up 2 hours early, etc etc, I can never be bothered, nor do I appreciate being treated like some sort of criminal when going through security!!

If going to London, I can jump on the train at the last possible moment, get a cheap fare (you have to know what to ask for and where to look, but it can honestly be done), I don't have security or weight limits to think of, I can walk about freely, I don't need to pay for the toilets, I can actually see something that isn't just endless cloud, and, best of all, I can get as p*ssed as I like without the effects of altitude kicking in - just as long as I can still walk at the other end, who cares??

I don't like to be rushed you see, but seriously, the train may take about 4/4 and a half hours, but, it goes to central London (Euston normally) and if I fly, I have to be there 2 hours beforehand, the flight then takes about an hour, I then have to wait for my luggage at the other end and then I have to get into London from, say, Stanstead (50ish minutes by train to Liverpool Street), so, in the end, the plane doesn't really hold must benefit to me.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 11-30-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
Seeing as I only ever fly when I have to, I'll probably never know.

As for all that parlarvar about turning up 2 hours early, etc etc, I can never be bothered, nor do I appreciate being treated like some sort of criminal when going through security!!

If going to London, I can jump on the train at the last possible moment, get a cheap fare (you have to know what to ask for and where to look, but it can honestly be done), I don't have security or weight limits to think of, I can walk about freely, I don't need to pay for the toilets, I can actually see something that isn't just endless cloud, and, best of all, I can get as p*ssed as I like without the effects of altitude kicking in - just as long as I can still walk at the other end, who cares??

I don't like to be rushed you see, but seriously, the train may take about 4/4 and a half hours, but, it goes to central London (Euston normally) and if I fly, I have to be there 2 hours beforehand, the flight then takes about an hour, I then have to wait for my luggage at the other end and then I have to get into London from, say, Stanstead (50ish minutes by train to Liverpool Street), so, in the end, the plane doesn't really hold must benefit to me.
LOL.. you FLEWto London?
It's not the airlines that organise security.. if your not happy, make a complaint, I have before..
And I was referring to farther destinations than London, such as Budapest (HU) or Prague (CZ).
And don't think I'm strange, but I just hate public loo's, they are always normally a public health hazard!
On day trips when we go away (to Beauvais etc), we don't take any realluggage, just hand baggage and what is permitted inside of it. This way, we don't have to wait at baggage reclaim. Then we just pick the car up from the rental unit onsite and off we go.. not before we've done spotting though!

For Sale | My Collection
Old 11-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #6

It's where I normally go due to various reasons, and no, I don't normally fly to London like I said.
I do not think you are strange at all, as, after all there are certain parts of London that almost could be one big public toilet (stir stir!!), so I know what you mean.
I appreciate the plane is better for longer trips if you don't have as much time. I don't know, I just like seeing the scenery rolling past the window and like I say, I don't like being rushed.

Also, as for security, I have never had anything to complain about before, I just don't like being treated like some sort of criminal full stop (see my post where I was talking about my days as a photographer and all the crap I got and you'll understand why).

Incidentally, I have never renewed my passport, as I feel like I should really explore my own country first before gallivanting off to someone else's. I've seen most of Scotland (well, I live here so it's not difficult - just give me a Cal Mac or Northlink ferry and I'm away!) whilst Wales and Northern Ireland are the two I've been to the least so far and I've never visited the Isle of Man of the Channel Islands yet.

Umm, what was the subject of this thread again??
Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

Charging For Toilets...
Only On The Planet Ferenginar And Ryanair...

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

Maybe Ryanair can sell advertising in their washrooms? Each lavatory can be a company theme - Coke, Pepsi, IBM, Bounty, GM, Budweiser, British Airways etc... That way the passengers won't have to pay "Extra" and Ryanair can make MORE profit! LOL.
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

The one of the left is just... nasty
Old 12-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #10
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

Micheal O'Leary really has a disturbing obsession finding ways to come up with different fees.
MD11Freighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_DC-10 View Post
Left shot - Iraero AN-26 .......... .......... Right shot Emirates A380.
First photo.

I wouldn't want to be in that toilet, when the aircraft is experiencing turbulences. You got in to take a leak, you come out showered in piss. Hahaha

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudanglee View Post
Maybe Ryanair can sell advertising in their washrooms? Each lavatory can be a company theme - Coke, Pepsi, IBM, Bounty, GM, Budweiser, British Airways etc... That way the passengers won't have to pay "Extra" and Ryanair can make MORE profit! LOL.
Ryanair advertise in practically every conceivable place possible: whether it be on the overhead lockers, or inflight food and drinks menu.. . I'd say they are not allowed to put posters up in the loos as it could be a little difficult to clean. Aren't the surfaces suppose to be completely wipeable, and that means all surface must be impermeable?
And Hello no! They wouldn't advertise BA, they'd just voice there own prophecy of Ryanair being Europe's favourite airline.

For Sale | My Collection
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
First Officer

Scottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributor
Thumbs up Re: Ryanair to charge for toilets (humour!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
First photo.

I wouldn't want to be in that toilet, when the aircraft is experiencing turbulences. You got in to take a leak, you come out showered in piss. Hahaha

Mind you, showered in piss, or Ryanair drivvel.........You certainly wouldn`t want to be in there whilst landing at Prestwick! Last time I flew home from Hahn I could have swore we were landing (er - crashing!) on an aircraft carrier and the pilot was ex-Navy! LOL
Scottish_DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: