New type of aircraft tug - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
New type of aircraft tug

BBC News - New tug helps aircraft movement

Not good news if your a tug driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Re: New type of aircraft tug

Okey, I have just watched the video footage on a second party site.
And it's just plain silly. How will it get back to the stand and pick up the new "customer".

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Last edited by Rex; 11-28-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog

Can some post a link to this video on another site please, it doesn't work where I am.
Frank Luke Jr. International
SouthwestAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

At last,i know why that 747 has been in the background of Top Gear...Now,doesn't all those supercars (that get you from A to B)do more damage to the enviroment than a tug,not to mention an airliner with 300 pax aboard.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #5

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Vince, one day the tugs will probably end up being a bigger cousin of the Tesla, which is one of these super cars. Actually, I don't know how much of a percentage super cars make up, but the bigger problem for having nice clean air is all the normal every day vehicles (not to mention everything else, including Diesel trains, boats and planes. And, if you want an emision free electric vehicle, the source of power has to be emission free in the first place!).

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 11-28-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

I think this is a great idea .. If it increases the efficiency and helps the environment, this idea must be pursued.

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
Vince, one day the tugs will probably end up being a bigger cousin of the Tesla, which is one of these super cars. Actually, I don't know how much of a percentage super cars make up, but the bigger problem for having nice clean air is all the normal every day vehicles (not to mention everything else, including Diesel trains, boats and planes. And, if you want an emision free electric vehicle, the source of power has to be emission free in the first place!).
No,the bigger problem for having nice clean air is flattening forests,trees breath the gases and turn it into wood,it's got nothing to do with cars,planes or trains(the less trees = more goes up to the atmosphere)...

And i am with Capt Wahoo on global warming,it's just a cycle the planet goes through.

Edit;I've just read that around 16% of all Australia's greenhouse emissions come from sheep burping,so if you add cattle to that(around the world) what difference does a few cars and aircraft make!...

Last edited by vince1159; 11-29-2009 at 01:38 PM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #8

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Thing is, the original comment I made about this, I had meant it in the sense that if all the predictions are true (and I'm slight sceptical of some myself) then we would be like that ship - swallowed up by mother nature. Unfortunately, I was misunderstood, and I did explain what I meant to CW.

Also, I'm aware that the earth has cycles of this, after all, there was the Ice age and so on, and I'm aware that there are much bigger forces at play here, but think of all that muck is produced (look at a big city from a distance and the sky is often brown). Now go stand in the middle of the aforementioned city. No amount of trees will stop the air being manky. Stand next to a busy road for long enough and you'll see what I mean, even if you did have the Amazon Rain forest behind you!

For clean air in it's purest sense, you need clean livin' and it has nothing whatsoever to do with climate change or trees!

It's all very well relying on trees, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 11-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #9

As an aside, it is clear that things are changing anyway. CW still hasn't answered my Ledidoptera fact, but there are other things such the winters just aren't as cold as they once were, even my parents are saying it, and they should know!!
Even within my own lifetime, I have noticed a difference.

I play Curling, and compared to, say, about 30 years ago, the scope for playing outside in the winter, in the UK has diminished significantly. Last winter was a bit cold, and there very nearly was the first Grand Match since 1979, but it was clear that the ice would NEVER freeze to the required depth again any time soon! (ok, so the damn H&SE had a say, but, still, if you were to look at the rules from previous years, you could see it probably wasn't going to happen anyway).
And that was it, the FIRST grand match in 30 years!! there was one in 1963, but before then, they were much more frequent.

On top of that, coming into spring, the plants and animals that should emerge at this time, often have already, sometimes as early as December, and have then had to retreat back again until the Spring really comes. Clearly, this isn't right. The summers are getting wetter and in Autumn, the leaves are staying on the trees longer (that's one thing I have noticed personally, and working where I do, you often have to do things regarding the seasons with the kids).

I might be wrong, but I don't remember these big floods down south being an almost annual spectical before. Certainly not to the same degree anyway, I mean, you can practically rely on big floods these days, especially in the likes of Carlisle!!

It might be the earth's natural cycle, but things certainly have changed over the last few years.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 11-29-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #10

Annyway, so what was the thread topic again??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: