Impressive reputation points! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby
Impressive reputation points!

I was "mouseovering" the rep points of users to see what it says when you place your mouse over them. I read, "must try harder", "getting started", "flying under the radar", "good contributor" which is a very high level and great members such as Flying Doc Silverbird, and Captain Wahoo have.....
what kept my mouth open is "DIECAST ICON" WOW!
User WAFFLE has this one...and I think he is THE ONLY ONE???
How many points has he gathered to reach such a level? Funny is, I don't see him on too many posts, so he must make each word count!
Way to go waffle!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor
Re: Impressive reputation points!

I think Jim can tell you more about how often you have to be awarded for such a high point.
By the way: Everyone loves Waffle
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
I think Jim can tell you more about how often you have to be awarded for such a high point.
By the way: Everyone loves Waffle
Thank you for your help!

I am personally not fond of the reputation system as I have already shared my opinion when it started. It did impress me that only one person has it... Waffle must be a great guy!
Is there anybody else out there with Diecast icon? What comes after that? Diecast God?

Hey Waffle, could you please tell me how many thousand points it takes to be an icon?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Waffle's an admin; he can make it say whatever he wants.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
I was "mouseovering" the rep points of users to see what it says when you place your mouse over them. I read, "must try harder", "getting started", "flying under the radar", "good contributor" which is a very high level and great members such as Flying Doc Silverbird, and Captain Wahoo have.....
what kept my mouth open is "DIECAST ICON" WOW!
User WAFFLE has this one...and I think he is THE ONLY ONE???
How many points has he gathered to reach such a level? Funny is, I don't see him on too many posts, so he must make each word count!
Way to go waffle!
Wings900 Discussion Forums - Members List

I have a good reputation point, I want to hang on with this forum, and I thought I also contributed good on this forum, well according to the positive comments so far.. lol I'm second on the forum list with a high reputation, yet you don't mention me, Alex, you really hurt my feelings

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Wings900 Discussion Forums - Members List

I have a good reputation point, I want to hang on with this forum, and I thought I also contributed good on this forum, well according to the positive comments so far.. lol I'm second on the forum list with a high reputation, yet you don't mention me, Alex, you really hurt my feelings
Wow, jay!
You are right! You have "Excelent contributor" on your reputation! Well.... for you I wouldnt doubt it! You are IN EVERY POST available! You deserve such a high mark.... cause you always help, guide and feed posts with whats missing! Pardon me for leaving you out
Old 11-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #7
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Waffle's an admin; he can make it say whatever he wants.
Waffle is an admin? Then why does he need to get Rep. points? Jim for example who is an administrator dosend accept rep points,... and if you ask me.... in a company THE BOSS dosn't need to become "employee of the month"! If Waffl is one of the Bosses... then I really dont get the point?
Are you suggesting he gave them points to himself? Or that people are kissing up to the boss That's usually the case.
Damn I better give Waffle some positive points fast... GOTTA CATCH UP WITH YOU GUYS!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Jay I just saw the list you posted... didn't know that top 91 members list existed, I need to congratulate member "Lufthansa340" who has the most points in the fewest posts. He is WAY more efficient! Sorry jay!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Well I used to post a lot of spotting and model photos, hence the high post count back when I joined the forum. :-)

The 2000 or above post count means nothing to most of us, It means something only to new members and the young ones.
Whether you have 240 or 2400 posts, the quality of its content means a lot more than just text-typing style conversations in the forums.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Well I used to post a lot of spotting and model photos, hence the high post count back when I joined the forum. :-)

The 2000 or above post count means nothing to most of us, It means something only to new members and the young ones.
Whether you have 240 or 2400 posts, the quality of its content means a lot more than just text-typing style conversations in the forums.
I second that opinion Jay!
That is why, as previously noted I totaly dissagree with the rep. point system!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Rex
W900 Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
I second that opinion Jay!
That is why, as previously noted I totaly dissagree with the rep. point system!
The Post count is totally different to the Reputation points.

It counts the total posts posted since you joined the forum.

Reputation points:
Where members or registered readers can vote positive or negative of my posts.

Like in previous post, I meant to say that 20000 posts means jack to most of us, whereas seeing the green dots of reputation showing who's being serious in this forum and who are not, normally those with red dots.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Just give me wings!

Quote:

Reputation points:

Like in previous post, I meant to say that 20000 posts means jack to most of us, whereas seeing the green dots of reputation showing who's being serious in this forum and who are not, normally those with red dots.
Ah yes...
Sorry.... I missread the Post count for Rep points!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
RJ First Officer

thornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting started

Quote:

Reputation points:

Agreed. You can usually tell who's the real deal and who's not. Those like you Jay, Furry, Wahoo, and Lufthansa340 are the top of the top in this forum. Although, post count doesn't always tell the younger from the older. I've been here for almost a year now and haven't yet topped 400. Not implying that I'm an older member of this forum, look at the users who have been here from the start. Some explode like you, and some just sit back and watch the show go by, posting every now and again.

ASUS Computer Tech

Last edited by thornet28; 11-05-2009 at 12:27 PM.
thornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #14
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

As my teachers say when essay writting, its about QUALITY, not QUANTITY.
At the end of the day, I believe they system was implemented as there was alot of "banshee" around the forums. I think that it worked in the way of clearing up the "conversations/arguements/disagreements" LOL

Kind Regards

(Just out of inquisitiveness, what is the thresh hold to become an "excellent contributor" and a "diecast icon"?)

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 11-05-2009 at 01:10 PM.
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

From my point of view the reputation system is nice but there was another "pointing system" who was more useful in the past: "TRADER RATING POINTS".
In this way, before to choose to sell/buy/trade something from/to a member you were able to check if it was a serious seller/buyer or not.
I hope one day this useful system will be back.

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: