Impressive reputation points! - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #31
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Impressive reputation points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Waffle's the only Admin receiving points.

These two play hand in hand - the people who truly deserve the points ,whether they are rewarded or not, know who they are, while those who don't deserve the points they were given know who they are as well. Honestly, none of this matters - those who clearly deserve a high score always stand out remarkably, those who have fraudulently earned their scores stick out as well. Check their other posts and patterns stick out.
Also watch for things like:

I got something to show you tomorrow!....Sorry, it didn't come(OR) you don't get any response

Hey, i got a suprise for you! im picking it up from airport tomorrow!.....No responce

Am i right...?

Last edited by MYT DC-10; 11-07-2009 at 09:11 PM.
MYT DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #32
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
These two play hand in hand - the people who truly deserve the points ,whether they are rewarded or not, know who they are, while those who don't deserve the points they were given know who they are as well. Honestly, none of this matters - those who clearly deserve a high score always stand out remarkably, those who have fraudulently earned their scores stick out as well. Check their other posts and patterns stick out.
Kev, I believe you had struck the nail on the head about the reputation system! It can be like those silly user titles that we used to have or the Post Count. It is just something to basically have members moderate each other without the un-needed confrontation. Of course, some members have mistaken this as an indicator of their egos, and use their overinflated egos to negrep other users for no apparent reason other than they don't like them, and they clearly know who they are.

I too have heard about certain users talking about abusing the system via different chat rooms. All I have to say is, just keep on doing it, it certainly will never catch up with you.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #33
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Oh my Goodness, I'm honoured, but this hobby makes me no Master at anything. We love our hobby, we buy models and display them. Some show more addiction more than others, but that's about it. I love this.

Now that's hilarious, keeps me thinking ON TV for what?
oic, you know there is a Talk Show here that also featured different collectors.
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by catuira View Post
oic, you know there is a Talk Show here that also featured different collectors.
Uh, That would be awesome to be part of or be on that show... I could probably chat forever about when I started, how many models I have in the collection, how much money I have spent on this little metal diecast hobby, name the manufaturers, mention the A-C ***** aka Gestapo, No wait I would probably be sued if I ever mention his brand name. Or perhaps they will *beeep* it out. But yeah, that would be awesome.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 AM   #35
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by catuira View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Uh, That would be awesome to be part of or be on that show... I could probably chat forever about when I started, how many models I have in the collection, how much money I have spent on this little metal diecast hobby, name the manufaturers, mention the A-C ***** aka Gestapo, No wait I would probably be sued if I ever mention his brand name. Or perhaps they will *beeep* it out. But yeah, that would be awesome.

Guys! I think you are off the subject here!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #36
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Sorry to dig this rep thread out again, but somones gone over the line this time.

As you may know a certain somone has been acting the goof around here latley and said some harsh stuff to somone. So when i try to defend him i get told "calm it". So i neg rep this guy saying what im doing is to help a mate out.

And what happens? Yes, i get neg rep back of the guy saying "Cuz your gay". Now is it just me or is it unfair?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #37
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Sorry to dig this rep thread out again, but somones gone over the line this time.

As you may know a certain somone has been acting the goof around here latley and said some harsh stuff to somone. So when i try to defend him i get told "calm it". So i neg rep this guy saying what im doing is to help a mate out.

And what happens? Yes, i get neg rep back of the guy saying "Cuz your gay". Now is it just me or is it unfair?
That's something you should let mods like Jay or Greg know, as they can see the reputation and who gave it, as well as their comment.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

As I've been away for some time, I had no idea this silly reputation system existed and only just found out about it after reading this thread. This strikes me as one of those ego boosting junior high school popularity contests. I think any regular contributor and probably even a casual visitor can easily ascertain who is doing what around here, so I don't see any real need for this system. Case in point is that within a few minutes of coming back after an extended absence I quickly realized who the new king of the assclowns was. I also learned we have many fairly new and very solid members and of course, the members who were always great contributors continue to be so. I was able to do this without the assistance of any reputation system, imagine that? I don't see any real need for it, but if people like it, so be it. I for one, would love to see everybody leaving negative reputation comments for me, it would be pretty awesome to see a member with a lot of posts and a really bad reputation.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #39
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
As I've been away for some time, I had no idea this silly reputation system existed and only just found out about it after reading this thread. This strikes me as one of those ego boosting junior high school popularity contests. I think any regular contributor and probably even a casual visitor can easily ascertain who is doing what around here, so I don't see any real need for this system. Case in point is that within a few minutes of coming back after an extended absence I quickly realized who the new king of the assclowns was. I also learned we have many fairly new and very solid members and of course, the members who were always great contributors continue to be so. I was able to do this without the assistance of any reputation system, imagine that? I don't see any real need for it, but if people like it, so be it. I for one, would love to see everybody leaving negative reputation comments for me, it would be pretty awesome to see a member with a lot of posts and a really bad reputation.
It could happen. I tend to often leave the comments, and try to use it as more or less a way for the forum members to moderate themselves. I know that certain younger members tend to mistake that as a popularity contest, but in reality, if I really like a post, I'll usually posrep it, if someone is being a total assclown on the forum, like a certain member here, I'll usually neg-rep it, specifically the more extreme posts, and go into why I think I should have done so.

For the most part, this system has done a great job getting rid of the un-needed confrontations that usually took place every 3 weeks before the system came into play.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #40
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Ok, K point well taken. I guess I can see how it could work to deter some of the foolishness that goes on from time to time. Although I think the ones who strive to be annoying, will probably wear the negative reputation like a badge of honor.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #41
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post

Just to lighten things up....

Now calling you gay.. musn't be taken as a bad thing UNLESS you know of what meaning he put into it! Gay as homosexual or gay as in Happy!
Imagine the sadness this person lives in... the total loser form, that he is jealous of happy people and hands out Negative Rep. points.. n with x-mas around the corner.... we got our selves the the real deal! The MR. Scrooge HIMSELF!

If it was the homosexual meaning of the word, then I suppose something went up his wrong end that left him a bitter taste to hate "gay" people
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: