Impressive reputation points! - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #16
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Impressive reputation points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
From my point of view the reputation system is nice but there was another "pointing system" who was more useful in the past: "TRADER RATING POINTS".
In this way, before to choose to sell/buy/trade something from/to a member you were able to check if it was a serious seller/buyer or not.
I hope one day this useful system will be back.

Lollo
This sounds like the eBay Feedback system.. am I right?
Why on earth was this removed? I would buy alot more stuff from other members if it was safeguarded by an invaluable system like this.

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
Antartic Explorer

Ryanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast iconRyanairflyer is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
As my teachers say when essay writting, its about QUALITY, not QUANTITY.
At the end of the day, I believe they system was implemented as there was alot of "banshee" around the forums. I think that it worked in the way of clearing up the "conversations/arguements/disagreements" LOL

Kind Regards

(Just out of inquisitiveness, what is the thresh hold to become an "excellent contributor" and a "diecast icon"?)
Matt just remember when writing an essay its all about the Quality but if you dont write enough down and cover the points you need too then its quite a bit about the quantity too!
Ryanairflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #18
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
From my point of view the reputation system is nice but there was another "pointing system" who was more useful in the past: "TRADER RATING POINTS".
In this way, before to choose to sell/buy/trade something from/to a member you were able to check if it was a serious seller/buyer or not.
I hope one day this useful system will be back.

Lollo
I am with you on this one.! They had a system like that in the past but they canceled it !
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanairflyer View Post
Matt just remember when writing an essay its all about the Quality but if you dont write enough down and cover the points you need too then its quite a bit about the quantity too!
Haha! Absolutly right... quite coincidentally, I'm writing an essay on how the Labour Party came to power in 1945! It really is quite riveting

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
First Officer

Scottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributor
Lightbulb Re: Impressive reputation points!

I`m not fussed about my reputation in terms of points! It`s a fun way of seeing who posts quality content, I see small but quality content as a measure of maturity and opposed to you serial poster types! Just out of coincidence, my reputation is currenty 747! How cool is that?

I contribute where I see fit, not what I think others want to hear. The comments on my page left by others mean more than the figures.

Last edited by Scottish_DC-10; 11-05-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: mind your own business.........
Scottish_DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #21
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Hi guys, some notes on this thread:

1. This web site is owned and run by Waffle, Jim and Flight director (Todd) for those of you who didn't know.

2. I'm reluctant to release the number of points to get to such and such rating. It tends to turn into a game after a while ("My 1,000th post!") so keep posting good stuff and others will reward you.

3. I turned off my reputation for a reason - this is (partially) my web site and I don't care what ya'll think ;-)

4. The number of points you award is relative to your own reputation. Some NooB adding to your reputation means next to nothing. However, if Rex, a loser, or Alexios doesn't like your post, it will put a serious hurt to your reputation.

5. I know it isn't perfect, but what else can we do?

6. The trader rep system was third-party software Lorenzo. Turns out we were having compatibility issues with the forum software (the person who wrote the program stopped updating it) and it got to be a problem when upgrading and maintaining the forums. We made the choice to drop it. We all agree it was useful, but honestly fighting software compatibility issues is not fun and we avoid it if possible.

- n1786b
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #22
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post
3. I turned off my reputation for a reason - this is (partially) my web site and I don't care what ya'll think ;-)
Now that's an arguement You would get a big minus for that
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #23
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

6. The trader rep system was third-party software Lorenzo. Turns out we were having compatibility issues with the forum software (the person who wrote the program stopped updating it) and it got to be a problem when upgrading and maintaining the forums. We made the choice to drop it. We all agree it was useful, but honestly fighting software compatibility issues is not fun and we avoid it if possible.

- n1786b[/QUOTE]

Ok, I all understand.

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #24
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Jim!
Very precice and to the point your 6 facts!
Thank you!
And yes I do to believe that the "Boss" should care less about the employee's opinion. What is he going to be? Boss of the month?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #25
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

@Rex ---For me, I am really proud of you Jay(Rex) you re really a master on this hobby and kababayan kita! mabuhay ang Pilipino! sana ma TV ka dito sa pinas
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by catuira View Post
@Rex ---For me, I am really proud of you Jay(Rex) you re really a master on this hobby and kababayan kita! mabuhay ang Pilipino!
Oh my Goodness, I'm honoured, but this hobby makes me no Master at anything. We love our hobby, we buy models and display them. Some show more addiction more than others, but that's about it. I love this.

Quote:
sana ma TV ka dito sa pinas
Now that's hilarious, keeps me thinking ON TV for what?

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #27
The Fourth Cycle

koukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post

1. This web site is owned and run by Waffle, Jim and Flight director (Todd) for those of you who didn't know.

I think it is grossly unfair to you that the other two gods continue to benefit from the patronage of mere mortals. There's no point in a juror being impartial if his colleagues aren't.
koukuugaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #28
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukuugaisha View Post
I think it is grossly unfair to you that the other two gods continue to benefit from the patronage of mere mortals. There's no point in a juror being impartial if his colleagues aren't.
Its not unfair to Jim. It simply distinguishes him from others who need the reasurance. When you KNOW you are doing your best, you don't need something to grade you!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #29
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Not all "impressive" points are gained from a legit reason, sometimes people ask other to pos rep them over IM's and chat rooms. Dont they? You know who i talking to.....
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukuugaisha View Post
Waffle's the only Admin receiving points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Its not unfair to Jim. It simply distinguishes him from others who need the reasurance. When you KNOW you are doing your best, you don't need something to grade you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Not all "impressive" points are gained from a legit reason, sometimes people ask other to pos rep them over IM's and chat rooms. Dont they? You know who i talking to.....
These two play hand in hand - the people who truly deserve the points ,whether they are rewarded or not, know who they are, while those who don't deserve the points they were given know who they are as well. Honestly, none of this matters - those who clearly deserve a high score always stand out remarkably, those who have fraudulently earned their scores stick out as well. Check their other posts and patterns stick out.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: