Emergency Plans for your Collection? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor
Question Emergency Plans for your Collection?

Hello Guys, I am affected by the last super typhoon here in Philippines, and before the flood rise and go inside our home, I am very lucky to save my 29 airplane models from the flood and thank God we are safe, the flood inside our home is almost 5ft high.

I am concern that when the time my collection grow in a large number, It will be difficult for me to evacuate it all in the time of emergency.

Do you have any emergency plans for your model airports and airplane collections?

thanks.
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Re: Emergency Plans for your Collection?

Hey Cat.

Glad to hear you are safe there. In what area are you living ? I have relatives there in Bulacan, luckily they were not affected much from the typhoon.

About the emergency plans, I actually dont have any. In the event of fire, I have secured (insurance) half of my models. I wouldn't get the full coverage of the entire collection. Half is better than everything lost in a fire. (*God forbid it to happen*)

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Last edited by Rex; 10-07-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Hey Cat.

Glad to hear you are safe there. In what area are you living ? I have relatives there in Bulacan, luckily they were not affected much from the typhoon.
I live in Tanay, Rizal, located in the eastern part of luzon. and until now there are missing persons in our Town, and also there are a lot of casualties.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
RJ Second Officer

kiwipino is getting startedkiwipino is getting startedkiwipino is getting started

Good to hear your fine Kababayan!
My relatives who live in Metro Manila were lucky that they didn't lose anything in the first level of their house. The water got up to about 1m-1.5m

As for an emergency plan I would probably only save the PAL models as priority then whatever else I can salvage. Obviously this would be after my siblings, legal documents, photographs and anything on significant importance first

Ingat!
Ryan

Currently trying fleetbuilding of Philippine Airlines 'craft
kiwipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catuira View Post
I live in Tanay, Rizal, located in the eastern part of luzon. and until now there are missing persons in our Town, and also there are a lot of casualties.
Glad your ok Honestly, if an emergency occurs, I don't think I'd even be thinking of my models. I'd be thinking off a way to save myself and my family! If your worried about the money you'd lose, then you can argue then are more valuable things such as the TVs or computers (depending on the size of your collection of course ) that'd be lost.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

^^I think we need to re-assure that we'd think of saving our family first and any other irreplacable person/things in our life. be it your grandma.... (Just kidding) Models can be replaced. lol. :-)

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
RJ First Officer

Yup, we know that we have to save our family first
Old 10-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

right after saving the family my next prio would be to save the hard disk with all the familiy pictures on it. And probably also some important documents as well.
I think my collection has no chance in case of a real emergency
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #9
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Most of us are living in regions where natural desasters doesn't happen often.
Family first, however, then my models.
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #10
The Fourth Cycle

koukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributor

How about getting insurance?
koukuugaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
RV8-AN124

avgasser is flying under the radar

Can't speak for most emergencies, but for the most part mine are relatively protected from water courtesey of the watertight storage containers I keep them in when not used. Small protection, but better than nothing considering my lack of concern of their well being while I'm busy saving my wife and pups.

Without fuelers, pilots wouldn't be able to get it up!
avgasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

According to my agent, my models are covered under the personal property rider on my homeowner's policy. His advice was to take some pictures and use the Wings900 database as a list.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
Pan Am Collector

Valkyrie Magnus is flying under the radar

Hi Cat,
I too am glad you are okay. My family there has had some problems with the flooding too. They are doing fine now. I hope your models were not damaged.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #14
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

You are lucky that you don't do plastic models... Can just imagine how my IPMS philippines friends feels right now?

//Antesyd
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #15
RJ Captain

garuda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciated

A friend of my wife is originally from Aceh Indonesia, she had two young children with her when the indian ocean tsunami hit Aceh and parts of Thailand a few years ago,
Her scottish husband was in Medan at the time trying to get a visa.
She held onto something as well as holding onto her son in her arms, when the destruction stopped she screamed for her other boy but fortunetly he was with a relative and was ok , but she almost lost the little boy she was with due to near drowning, thankfully there all safe and they now have a new baby sister, As much as i want to ask someones experiance of something like surviveing a tsunami that killed so many others i dont ask to much because i can see in her eyes she still feels very lucky, i bet 1:400 models was the last thing she was looking to save that day.
garuda747400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, emergency plans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: