Introducing User Reputation - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #106
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudishdanny View Post
Members are out to get vengence on certain people who have left perfectly good posts but themselves been given Bad Rep, Its never happened to me but I can't help ignore members being given bad rep for no good reason. I thought that most people could be trusted using this new system? I still enjoy this system but some people need to act more mature and responsible.
I would not be worried too much about this. You can't avoid that someone gives you a bad rep in revenge but what does it do to you ? If you post good things you'll get enough good reps from others and if the other guy posted bad things he'll get bad reps from others too. And don't forget the voting power that depends on the reputation level of the person who gives his feedback. If someone with very good rep (e.g. excellent contributor or diecast icon) gives you good or bad rep it has a much higher impact (number of positive or negative points) than a good or bad rep from a 'bad contributor'.
I belive it's a self regulating system and your rep doesn't depend on one bad feedback you got from one person.

Last edited by Silverbird; 05-17-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: grammar
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #107
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
If someone with very good rep (e.g. excellent contributor or diecast icon) gives you good or bad rep it has a much higher impact (number of positive or negative points) than a good or bad rep from a 'bad contributor'.
I belive it's a self regulating system and your rep doesn't depend on one bad feedback you got from one person.
Actually, someone with no or negative rep can't really do anything to sway it, so their rep will show up as a "grey" neutral box.

But you seem to have gotten the main point of the rep system. It's sort of like letting all the members moderate without letting them take those frustrations to the thread, thus avoiding un-needed confrontation in threads. At least that's how I view it.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #108
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Actually, someone with no or negative rep can't really do anything to sway it, so their rep will show up as a "grey" neutral box.
I know the admins already said this part, but I have to re-ask the question someone posed earlier. If everyone started at neutral, and all neutral reps don't count either way....how did anyone get positive or negative ratings if everyone started at neutral?

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #109
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFlyer View Post
I know the admins already said this part, but I have to re-ask the question someone posed earlier. If everyone started at neutral, and all neutral reps don't count either way....how did anyone get positive or negative ratings if everyone started at neutral?
Well actually, I have noticed that some users did get positive rep a day or two with the system being started, I would guess that the admins who have a very high rep liked what a member had to say and gave them positive rep. That is my guess on it anyways.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #110

LAX-777 is flying under the radar

I have never gotten any rep for example, but I have given lots out. However, whenever I look at the people I gave rep to, it never changes.
LAX-777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #111
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFlyer View Post
No, you have a little bit of "recommendation" power. And it slowly builds up over time. Once you cross a certain threshold, your opinion is taken into account by the system. Yes, it may tak a while and the only thing I can say is, keep posting good and ontopic posts and you will be rewarded :-)
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #112
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Well actually, I have noticed that some users did get positive rep a day or two with the system being started, I would guess that the admins who have a very high rep liked what a member had to say and gave them positive rep. That is my guess on it anyways.
Yes, that is right. At the start, we had a little bit more "power" than others. Somebody has to get the ball rolling
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #113
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

LOL! Thanks for the explanation!

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #114
First Officer

Jumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciated

I would say after the initial start up of the reputation system , it appears things have calmed down and the system appears to be working. If you post posts that have meaning you are being given the proper rep. Those who are here just to disturb or cause problems are getting the correct feedback. Remember this is not a popularity contest.

Mark

Jumbo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #115
Senior Captain

Magic is flying under the radar

something interesting for sure, been on the forum since wings500 and get to become a noob
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #116
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog

I know this is an old thread but I recently received feedback based on another member's opinion not actual quality of my post. I find it very offensive that someone would give me a bad reputation mark just because they don't agree with my statement. This is a forum and I follow all the rules and stride to be a good, well-behaved member.
Frank Luke Jr. International
SouthwestAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #117
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

I think you received negative reputation because you made a pretty broad generalization that Airbus and the airlines that operate their aircraft are not keeping up on maintenance. While that may be your opinion... it is a pretty broad generalization and I suppose the rater thought your logic was flawed.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #118
ZNY Controller Trainee

SouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dogSouthwestAirlines is a top dog

It wasn't meant be a generalization of Airbus aircraft or Airlines but just my opinion on the topic. I wasn't even questioned about the statement, I'm just saying, it seems a bit unfair.
Frank Luke Jr. International
SouthwestAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #119
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Originally Posted by SouthwestAirlines (in jetstar cockpit fire thread)

If I was a passenger, I would not board that A330 that they're sending, I would fly AA on a 777. There was also the incident with the A320 Iberworld as well. It seems that Airbus, and or the operating airlines, have been neglectful to ensuring the safety and up-keep of all of these aircraft.

I know that is your opinion... but it is also a generalization. I know that you may not think it is fair but I'm pretty sure that you got the negative rep because you connected together a few seemingly unconnected events and tossed the blame on the manufacturer and the airlines that operate these aircraft. You are always more than welcome to express your opinion... I just think that the user that gave you negative rep felt that you did not support your assertion with valid evidence... however I can't really speak for him.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #120
ELAL expert !

STN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast icon
I HATE REP POINTS !!!!!!! :cursing:

Hi Everyone,

Im getting really fed up with the Reputation points because people keep giving other people pointless points for no reason or maybe for minor spelling and sometimes they do it because they dont like what people say and misenterpretate this and I have 6 bad reputation points from the same person and its getting on my nerves but im not going to say names and point fingers at anybody. So what do you think ????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: