Introducing User Reputation - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #91
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
This is a great idea--if the point of this system is to improve the quality of posts, then members need to be informed what they are doing wrong (or right). Requiring feedback comments will ensure objectivity of the so-called reputation system ; as of now, it does not have that.

EXACTLY! That is what I was trying to phrase, but I failed dismally. You absolutly right, we need to know why we have something good or bad, and for people who just put stars--> ***********, they should be reported, and sanctions acted upon them... because if you are voting, then you must have a reason and be able to justify why you are voting. Thanks Pete

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #92
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
EXACTLY! That is what I was trying to phrase, but I failed dismally. You absolutly right, we need to know why we have something good or bad, and for people who just put stars--> ***********, they should be reported, and sanctions acted upon them... because if you are voting, then you must have a reason and be able to justify why you are voting. Thanks Pete

Matt
That's why I vote when I only feel the need to. If I see a good post and can give praise, I do. If I see a bad post and can offer some guidance then I do. There's not much point in giving out rep if you don't say anything that helps.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #93
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

I'm quite against this now, I gave a certain member bad rep for somthing they had done. And then he gave me it back in revenge on a post that was totaly legit, now to me thats totaly unfair.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #94
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Members are out to get vengence on certain people who have left perfectly good posts but themselves been given Bad Rep, Its never happened to me but I can't help ignore members being given bad rep for no good reason. I thought that most people could be trusted using this new system? I still enjoy this system but some people need to act more mature and responsible.
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #95
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

Yeah, I've been having problems too. You try to help someone and they snap at you instead of making use of what the persons said.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #96
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
I'm quite against this now, I gave a certain member bad rep for somthing they had done. And then he gave me it back in revenge on a post that was totaly legit, now to me thats totaly unfair.

If that sort of thing is happening in revenge then I think they should be punished in either the form of banning or having their right to vote, taken away from them. That sort of attitude makes this system useless and I'm sure I've said it before.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #97
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Yes, the rep system is working ok, users who post crappy posts (and by crappy, I just don't mean barely readable ones, but also ones that start up trouble, like A vs. B) seem to be getting negative marks, and users who post as good post seem to be getting good markings.

As for those who give things out like that for revenge, perhaps we need to do something about what is a blatant abuse of the system, though those who do get negative rep can't really seem to affect anyone else to begin with, since they already are in the red themselves. I notice that this is more of a problem with certain younger members, who seem to think that the rep system is more of a marker of popularity than a marker of respect.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 05-16-2009 at 08:51 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #98
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
As for those who give things out like that for revenge, perhaps we need to do something about what is a blatant abuse of the system, though those who do get negative rep can't really seem to affect anyone else to begin with, since they already are in the red themselves. I notice that this is more of a problem with certain younger members, who seem to think that the rep system is more of a marker of popularity than a marker of respect.
I have to agree with you on this one, it is a shame about younger members causing the problem because Im young and treat the system as it should be treaten. I do see people using it as a form of vengence, perhaps if there is abuse between two members, a senior member could deal with the issue and decide whether to inflict the negative feedback?
Old 05-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #99
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudishdanny View Post
I have to agree with you on this one, it is a shame about younger members causing the problem because Im young and treat the system as it should be treaten. I do see people using it as a form of vengence, perhaps if there is abuse between two members, a senior member could deal with the issue and decide whether to inflict the negative feedback?
Well, while the system does have it's flaws, we'll have to see, you can only give out so much rep in a day before the system won't let you, to also help cool down a situation, you can only give the member a rep only once in a while, so if you want to further inflict negative rep, you would have to wait until a few more people were rated (don't know the number exactly.)

In the meantime, we just hope that people learn to respect the rep system and try to use it maturely.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #100
RJ Captain

Quote:
Well, while the system does have it's flaws, we'll have to see, you can only give out so much rep in a day before the system won't let you, to also help cool down a situation, you can only give the member a rep only once in a while, so if you want to further inflict negative rep, you would have to wait until a few more people were rated (don't know the number exactly.)

In the meantime, we just hope that people learn to respect the rep system and try to use it maturely.
To be honest, I don't look at how many Green or Red squares they have next to their name to tell if they are a good or bad contributor, but usually I see posts from people I know are good contributors, maybe perhaps not take rely on this reputation system too heavily.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #101
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

Exactly! You really have hit the nail on the head! Just one thing for the moderators and site designers: I know this will sound extreme but could/would you consider reducing the amount of possible vote to something like seven times over one week, so one vote each day.

I think that this will make people think before they press submit on a post. I hope you consider this, I feel it will make only the worthy members get good reputation.

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
Old 05-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #102
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
I think that this will make people think before they press submit on a post. I hope you consider this, I feel it will make only the worthy members get good reputation.

Matt
That's a bit unfair don't you think? What if a member who has been posting something rubbish recently posts a really decent post?

And what if that was on the same day as 17 other members that made decent posts that all merited a good reputation. I know the example is a bit out there but I feel one rep vote per day is a bad idea. I think 10 votes per day is about perfect.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #103
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
That's a bit unfair don't you think? What if a member who has been posting something rubbish recently posts a really decent post?

And what if that was on the same day as 17 other members that made decent posts that all merited a good reputation. I know the example is a bit out there but I feel one rep vote per day is a bad idea. I think 10 votes per day is about perfect.
Whatever, but I thought it was 5 votes per day? Again, with this subject... "what if", I am not saying limit the amount of ratings per user, I'm saying maybe wait a day and then re-rate.

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #104
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Whatever, but I thought it was 5 votes per day? Again, with this subject... "what if", I am not saying limit the amount of ratings per user, I'm saying maybe wait a day and then re-rate.

Matt
Each member has 10 votes per day.

This "What If" subject is because it may not have happened yet, but could happen in the future. That's what I mean by "What If".

Finally, your original post made it sound like you were suggesting to limit the ammount of votes a member gets to use. I have no idea what you mean by waiting a day to re-rate. Care to explain?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #105
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Each member has 10 votes per day.

This "What If" subject is because it may not have happened yet, but could happen in the future. That's what I mean by "What If".

Finally, your original post made it sound like you were suggesting to limit the ammount of votes a member gets to use. I have no idea what you mean by waiting a day to re-rate. Care to explain?
No, forget it... It take to long to write down. On the other hand: I mean that we maybe should limit the amount of votes, I have been speaking to several members, about the system, and they say they have been using ALL of their votes. I think that reducing them, maybe to 5 [???] would let only the worthy member, or the crappy members.
REMEMBER: this is only my OPINION!

On another note; I think that the system is quite good, from reading posts, I can generally see who are good contributors etc...

Matt

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 05-17-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: