Introducing User Reputation - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #76
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodski28 View Post
I donít like the idea of this rating system. It doesnít account for those of us who do not post as much as others but have been around for longer. I have been apart of this forum for two years and have far less posts than some who have only just became members. Why should I be considered a newbie and others as icons?
It has nothing to do with the number of posts, but the people saying they like or appreciate your post. If I like one of your posts, my contribution to your rating will certainly be more than a lot of the other people on the board.

And honestly, this is being used not only to say you like posts, but that you don't like them as well.
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #77
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodski28 View Post
I donít like the idea of this rating system. It doesnít account for those of us who do not post as much as others but have been around for longer. I have been apart of this forum for two years and have far less posts than some who have only just became members. Why should I be considered a newbie and others as icons?
I agree to your point about being called a newbie by this rating system after being a member for longer time. This term doesn't really catch it. Maybe Jim can change it to soemthing more appropriate.
How about "flying underneath the radar" for someone who didn't get any reps yet
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #78
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started
Thumbs up Re: Introducing User Reputation

OK!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #79
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

This rating system has gone great so far, I would like to say thanks to the Wings team and all the people who have been using the reputation system properly. Nice work!
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #80
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
I agree to your point about being called a newbie by this rating system after being a member for longer time. This term doesn't really catch it. Maybe Jim can change it to soemthing more appropriate.
How about "flying underneath the radar" for someone who didn't get any reps yet
Good suggestion. And I see it has also been implemented already. I kinda found the "newbie" degrading since one has been a long period member.

Woodski is flying under the radar Going Stealth eh !!

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 AM   #81
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Hi Jim!
I think back when we traded some wings I had proposed to you something like this but as to the how trustworthy a user is in model trading aswell. Are his descriptions acurate. Were the items sent and wraped in an acceptable way? etc. Something like the feedback on ebay! I felt our transaction had left me with a gap not having a way to let others know that "hey, this guy is excelent!! I would do it again any time!"
Lets see some evaluation of users in every level possible!
Take care Jim!
alex
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #82
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Okay, I need some help here. I see the system itself is working, but I have two problems right now.

1. I dont know where to view my reputation in my profile. I found the link in one of Jim's first posts (which is working btw), but I really can't find it when I'm just browsing my profile.

2. Lollo just wrote me that I have given him neutral reputation points. How is that possible when I only have the choice between "I approve" or "I disapprove".

Could you please explain that again, Jim?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #83
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
Okay, I need some help here. I see the system itself is working, but I have two problems right now.

1. I dont know where to view my reputation in my profile. I found the link in one of Jim's first posts (which is working btw), but I really can't find it when I'm just browsing my profile.

2. Lollo just wrote me that I have given him neutral reputation points. How is that possible when I only have the choice between "I approve" or "I disapprove".

Could you please explain that again, Jim?
1. there is a blue menu line in the upper third of the screen, 'User CP' 'FAQ' 'Community' ... , click on the first one, "User CP", there you'll find the last comments and your total points.

2. According to your own rep you have more ore less "power" to give other people rep points. If a "diecast icon" gives you a good rep than you'll get more points from it than from someone with neutral or negative rep.
Or simply said : if you don't have many points you can't give many points.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #84
First Officer

1. Go to your profile http://www.wings900.com/vb/usercp.php and look for Latest Reputation Received to the right, you will see the number of points you have.

2. Neutral points basically mean you don't have enough positive points to affect the rating (either positive or negative). This also depends on when you post as they are not retroactive. For example, you leave a positive reputation note for Lollo and it is neutral. You make three killer posts and everybody loves you - and leaves positive reactions - your reputation becomes important enough that when you "vote on a post" it is taken into account.... but will not change the vote you left for lollo.

Does this help?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #85
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post
1. Go to your profile http://www.wings900.com/vb/usercp.php and look for Latest Reputation Received to the right, you will see the number of points you have.

2. Neutral points basically mean you don't have enough positive points to affect the rating (either positive or negative). This also depends on when you post as they are not retroactive. For example, you leave a positive reputation note for Lollo and it is neutral. You make three killer posts and everybody loves you - and leaves positive reactions - your reputation becomes important enough that when you "vote on a post" it is taken into account.... but will not change the vote you left for lollo.

Does this help?
Okay concerning no 1 ... that is clear now.

No 2 ... do I get that right that when I have a neutral reputation that I can't give some other members positive reputation points ... unless someone changes my reputaton to positive? Because that way some of our members must have had a positive reputation from the very beginning of the system in order to make it work at all ... okay I hope that was understandable. My head is spinning a little right now.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #86
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
Because that way some of our members must have had a positive reputation from the very beginning of the system in order to make it work at all ...
No, when I started this, everybody had the same rating!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #87
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Hi,

Could you make it compulsary for the person leaving feedback to leave a comment, because I'm fed up of a grey sqaure appearing, and no comment- and my points counter does not go up or down until a green square is added. I would dearly like to know what people think [pos/neg] but when no comment OR coloured box appears, I'm really lost and want to know why somebody has voted! LOL

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #88
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Hi,

Could you make it compulsary for the person leaving feedback to leave a comment, because I'm fed up of a grey sqaure appearing, and no comment- and my points counter does not go up or down until a green square is added. I would dearly like to know what people think [pos/neg] but when no comment OR coloured box appears, I'm really lost and want to know why somebody has voted! LOL

Matt
Red, grey or green? Does it really matters at all ?

Red Square (Negative Rate)
Grey Square, Positive rate (but coloured grey From "low ranking" rep members)
Green Square Positive rate (From members who posted a rep for you) but has "more power" than a low rank poster to change your reputation rate.

Correct me if Im wrong.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Last edited by Rex; 05-05-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #89
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Red, grey or green? Does it really matters at all ?

Red Square (Negative Rate)
Grey Square, Positive rate (but coloured grey From "low ranking" rep members)
Green Square Positive rate (From members who posted a rep for you) but has "more power" than a low rank poster to change your reputation rate.

Correct me if Im wrong.
Oh right! I didn't know that! Sorry for my pointless post... Opps!

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #90
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Hi,

Matt
This is a great idea--if the point of this system is to improve the quality of posts, then members need to be informed what they are doing wrong (or right). Requiring feedback comments will ensure objectivity of the so-called reputation system ; as of now, it does not have that.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: