Introducing User Reputation - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #61
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestflyboy View Post
Depends on how this experiment goes. It might or might not stay.
For being a new member who just signed up and isn't flyer, you definitely know a lot about the Ratings system already

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestflyboy View Post
Call him a moron. He is no better. Hope Flyer is not viewing this thread. Anybody want to play paintball?

Good, he isn't really posting. He created his account because he wanted to see pics.
Does Flyer always talk about himself in the Third Person?
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #62
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek&sq View Post
I doubt any forum's gonna exist with that nitwit around
True, and not to mention, most of 400SH's audience are the same ol' folks who post on here and DAC. If he behaves there like he did on here, I'd expect him to go down quicker, especially considering the older userbase and less "political correct" users there.

he posted at around 12AM, I quickly alerted

Quote:
Have to ask. How can southwestflyboy already receive over 200 negative (if 1 square=100 pts) rating points on 3 posts?

I think its best to let members leave only positive ratings, and only one per post.
It can go up or down. But if you look at his first post, it was hijacking a thread to make it his announcement that he's back. Personally, I think negative ratings could be useful, as it also helps members improve without the usually lengthy confrontation.

Anyways, kudos to the moderation/administration team on getting this one cleared out. When I first saw him, I knew it was pointless to even reply to him, so I quickly hit the "Report Post" on him.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #63
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
This is a little quirk that has been happening on and off for years - a little disconcerting when you first see it, but I now ignore it, knowing that "Vote Now" means "Save".
Thanks for that piece of information. Never encountered it in three years yet.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #64
ELAL expert !

STN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast iconSTN216 is a diecast icon

I really dont like it I never did anything wrong and people gave me random points !!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #65
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by STN216 View Post
I really dont like it I never did anything wrong and people gave me random points !!
That's most likely because you're grammar and spelling is awful.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #66
RJ First Officer

Reg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
That's most likely because you're grammar and spelling is awful.
Right, we had better give you some negative reputation in that case...
Reg the Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #67
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STN216 View Post
Well, the rep system is more of judging the quality of the posts and how much they contribute than cred or anything else (though could be used for that.) I'm sure if you post something REALLY good, you might get some positive rep in return. You might even return to the green if someone with really high rep votes in approval to what you had just posted.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #68
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg the Caterpillar View Post
Right, we had better give you some negative reputation in that case...
Bugger. Now, come on. I'm never usually that bad.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #69
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Well, the rep system is more of judging the quality of the posts and how much they contribute than cred or anything else (though could be used for that.) I'm sure if you post something REALLY good, you might get some positive rep in return. You might even return to the green if someone with really high rep votes in approval to what you had just posted.
You can have some positive rep from me LOT... I respect you, unlike certain members. RegardsMatt

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #70
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
You can have some positive rep from me LOT... I respect you, unlike certain members. RegardsMatt
I think you're failing to see the point of this system. It's got nothing to do with respect. You give someone good or bad rep depending on what you think of their post whether you like them or not. If it is a good post and you think it deserves good rep, give them good rep. If it is a bad post, and you think it deserves bad rep, give them bad rep. Don't hand out good or bad rep because you do or don't respect someone. That'll end up making this system completely pointless.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #71
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

All I see are BlueGrey and Green ones.

Will I see who rated my posts negative reps as well ???

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #72
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Thank you LOT 737 for reminding everybody -- the rep system is not about creating a popularity contest, but about maintaining the quality of posts and ultimately the integrity of Wings900. If members don't use objectivity in rating, then it will quickly become useless.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #73
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
All I see are BlueGrey and Green ones.

Will I see who rated my posts negative reps as well ???
Yeah, I haven't had any red ones, but I have chatted with someone who did get a red one and they have seen who had done it and why. I haven't gotten any Blue ones yet, what do those mean?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #74
RJ Second Officer

woodski28 is getting startedwoodski28 is getting startedwoodski28 is getting started

I donít like the idea of this rating system. It doesnít account for those of us who do not post as much as others but have been around for longer. I have been apart of this forum for two years and have far less posts than some who have only just became members. Why should I be considered a newbie and others as icons?
woodski28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #75
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

There is no correlation between the time you have been a member, to the number of dots under your id. The rating is only for how useful your contributions have been. Just reiterating what N1786B has said in another post.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: