Introducing User Reputation - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #46
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Low blow-that's the great thing about supporting a sub-par team....you don't have to worry about Semis, quarters....i could go on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #47
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Low blow-that's the great thing about supporting a sub-par team....you don't have to worry about Semis, quarters....i could go on!
I'm really, really sorry for that little slip...... At least his team always qualifies and they get to go away on trips every four years. Some of us have to just stay home and dress up in different national costumes .
Old 04-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #48
Second Officer

Abraxas is getting startedAbraxas is getting startedAbraxas is getting startedAbraxas is getting startedAbraxas is getting startedAbraxas is getting started

Great system, I have 3 green boxes and wondered what they meant. Thanks guys, will endeavour to keep the posting quality up

Dan

COLLECTION | TRADE | VIDEOS
Abraxas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post
= reputation less than 0
= reputation 0
= reputation more than 0
For each 100 positive rep points you get an additional green image

So... for each person that gives reputation, how many points do they "submit/give" to the user in question... if you know what I mean...
Also, I have noticed that their are different shades of green.... am I losing my mind, or do they mean something?

Another also, can you make it mandatory for the person leaving Reputation to leave feedback, so the user in question has an idea of how to improve if applicable...

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 04-11-2009 at 10:01 PM.
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #50
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
I just saw something... When you want to edit your post after submitting there's a button underneath that says "Vote now" instead of the former "Save". Has that changed intentionally.

EDIT: Strange! I just tried again and now it reads "Save". Don't know where that came from.
This is a little quirk that has been happening on and off for years - a little disconcerting when you first see it, but I now ignore it, knowing that "Vote Now" means "Save".

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 AM   #51
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
So... for each person that gives reputation, how many points do they "submit/give" to the user in question... if you know what I mean...
As stated before, the number of "points" added or subtracted depends on the reputation of the person rating your post. My negative rating will impact you more if let's say somebody with a newbie rating leaves a negative rating.... and vice versa. it is not a popularity contest where the one with the most votes wins, but rather a delicate mix of how many votes AND the reputation of who votes.

Quote:
Also, I have noticed that their are different shades of green.... am I losing my mind, or do they mean something?
Yes, the light green is your rating, the dark green represents your rating "power" showing you how much power this person has if they do decide to leave a rating.

Quote:
Another also, can you make it mandatory for the person leaving Reputation to leave feedback, so the user in question has an idea of how to improve if applicable...
For now there is no way to force feedback in the system. I am even thinking about making the rating anonymous. If it works the way it is supposed to, unless you are a real newbie, you usually KNOW when you make a "bad post." We have the rules, we have the spell checker and what not. Making the comments mandatory does not help.

I may even cancel the whole experiment with this ratings feature. This is a test of this system and we will see how it works out.

I just wish we would all be more worried about posting and replying to messages about diecast planes, rather than a rating feature on the forum

Last edited by N1786B; 04-12-2009 at 05:57 AM.
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #52
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
As stated before, the number of "points" added or subtracted depends on the reputation of the person rating your post. My negative rating will impact you more if let's say somebody with a newbie rating leaves a negative rating.... and vice versa. it is not a popularity contest where the one with the most votes wins, but rather a delicate mix of how many votes AND the reputation of who votes.

Yes, the light green is your rating, the dark green represents your rating "power" showing you how much power this person has if they do decide to leave a rating.

For now there is no way to force feedback in the system. I am even thinking about making the rating anonymous. If it works the way it is supposed to, unless you are a real newbie, you usually KNOW when you make a "bad post." We have the rules, we have the spell checker and what not. Making the comments mandatory does not help.

I may even cancel the whole experiment with this ratings feature. This is a test of this system and we will see how it works out.

I just wish we would all be more worried about posting and replying to messages about diecast planes, rather than a rating feature on the forum
Honestly, I feel that the quality of the forum has shot up significantly since the introduction of the system. At least that is how it is going so far.

Granted, some people have negative rep right now, but if they continue to contribute and their posts get good, I'm sure they'll get up there (for quite a few up there, I'm sure there are different people who possibly will get a rep bump soon, as we're only allowed to give a person one rep per amount of reps that you give out. Also in my opinion, it helped reduce the amount of confrontations between the older and newer groups of users.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I've also noticed the forum has improved, but i think it started prior to the rep system. The forum seems like my house. Everyonce in a while a good *****/gripe/groan session to get it out there and thrash out problems restores the equilibrium.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #54
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I echo that point, I have noticed this topic about the rating feature has gotten more attention than expected.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #55
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

Have to ask. How can southwestflyboy already receive over 200 negative (if 1 square=100 pts) rating points on 3 posts?

I think its best to let members leave only positive ratings, and only one per post.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #56
Second Officer

Dylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Honestly, I feel that the quality of the forum has shot up significantly since the introduction of the system. At least that is how it is going so far.

Granted, some people have negative rep right now, but if they continue to contribute and their posts get good, I'm sure they'll get up there (for quite a few up there, I'm sure there are different people who possibly will get a rep bump soon, as we're only allowed to give a person one rep per amount of reps that you give out. Also in my opinion, it helped reduce the amount of confrontations between the older and newer groups of users.
Until today. Looks like "Flyer" is back. No matter how weird a web this kid spins, this is the same kid below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestflyboy View Post
Thank you StarAllianceFlyer. I think if somebody sees a new member has some type of relation with another member, they give positive or negative ratings based on the older member. (I probaly got bad ratings because I was Flyer's friend). However some older members put blame on their friends (flyer), then when the new member comes,
he is unwelcomed. This is the problem I find in the ratings system.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #57
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Thank you StarAllianceFlyer. I think if somebody sees a new member has some type of relation with another member, they give positive or negative ratings based on the older member. (I probaly got bad ratings because I was Flyer's friend). However some older members put blame on their friends (flyer), then when the new member comes,
he is unwelcomed. This is the problem I find in the ratings system.
That's maybe because you have been spotted again, Flyer !

You keep coming back with a new user name. No wonder why you got a really bad reputation already. What are the odds, every time a new member joins in, he happens to be friends with the "Flyer" person... Frankly, how dumb do you think, we are ?? lol

Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #58
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

His 200+ negative rating is not based on the quality of his post, but he's suspected of being someone else?

Well, this rating system will be short lived.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #59
Rex
W900 Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFlyer View Post
His 200+ negative rating is not based on the quality of his post, but he's suspected of being someone else?

Well, this rating system will be short lived.
Whoever rated him negative reps must have a reason, good or bad.

Keep in mind that this rating feature is only an experiment, under the supervision of Doctor Jim and FD. Or so they said !

Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #60
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

Quote:
Huh. Don't worry about it. Flyer is now posting at 400 Scale Hanger.
I doubt any forum's gonna exist with that nitwit around

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: