Introducing User Reputation - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Interesting new feature. Looks like people already make use of the system. Let's see how it looks in a couple of weeks.
One thing I noticed is, that regardless of the number of green dots everyone who got poitive feedback is already 'a diecast icon'. I left positive feedback for someone who had the status newbie and he immediately changed to 'diecast icon'.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

I just saw something... When you want to edit your post after submitting there's a button underneath that says "Vote now" instead of the former "Save". Has that changed intentionally.

EDIT: Strange! I just tried again and now it reads "Save". Don't know where that came from.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #33
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Interesting new feature. Looks like people already make use of the system. Let's see how it looks in a couple of weeks.
One thing I noticed is, that regardless of the number of green dots everyone who got poitive feedback is already 'a diecast icon'. I left positive feedback for someone who had the status newbie and he immediately changed to 'diecast icon'.
That is what I mean about modifying the levels. The default levels with new labels such as "diecast icon" were too low. They have been adjusted.

Limit has been moved down to 5 per day.

Last edited by N1786B; 04-10-2009 at 01:34 AM.
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #34
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post
That is what I mean about modifying the levels. The default levels with new labels such as "diecast icon" were too low. They have been adjusted.

Limit has been moved down to 5 per day.
Thanks, now it makes more sense
Another question : When I look into my profile under 'latest reputation received', I see some with blue/grey dots in front and some with green dots. I'd think the green ones mean positive and the blue/grey ones negative feedback, but the comments behind the blue/grey ones are also positive
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #35
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

I received negative feedback, for leaving other members negative feedback. How does this work, I have become scared to vent frustration in fear of the return attack. I must agree with Matt, even though this is a brilliant idea, some people just think "Oh, he left me negative feedback, so I'll do the same to him" What is more annoying is that the members that I believe have left me negative feedback are the people that have been abusing the forum and the reason this system was set up! I know I sound like a whingy little girl, but this is a major flaw, and has stopped me from expressing my opinions. I would like to think that the members in question would've had the maturity not to retaliate, but oh well!

I also can't help but think that some of the members who in all respect deserve "poor contributor" at the moment, have adopted little clicks with W900, thus making easier for them all to buff their mates up to "Diecast Iron". Defeating the purpose entirely!

On the other hand it is great to see the "Legends" of the forum racking up little green bars, Doc, Furry, Wahoo are finally getting some of the recognition they deserve!

Last edited by Chard; 04-10-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #36
First Officer

Jumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciated

[QUOTE=Chard;294406]I received negative feedback, for leaving other members negative feedback. How does this work, I have become scared to vent frustration in fear of the return attack. I must agree with Matt, even though this is a brilliant idea, some people just think "Oh, he left me negative feedback, so I'll do the same to him" What is more annoying is that the members that I believe have left me negative feedback are the people that have been abusing the forum and the reason this system was set up! I know I sound like a whingy little girl, but this is a major flaw, and has stopped me from expressing my opinions. I would like to think that the members in question would've had the maturity not to retaliate, but oh well!

I can fully understand your concern. It's almost the same as E-bay where one person leaves negative feedback then the other leaves negative even though they may have been happy with the sale or purchase. That has happened to me there. People need to learn that this is a trail and there will be bugs, no system is ever perfect.

Mark

Jumbo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #37
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
I received negative feedback, for leaving other members negative feedback. How does this work, I have become scared to vent frustration in fear of the return attack. I must agree with Matt, even though this is a brilliant idea, some people just think "Oh, he left me negative feedback, so I'll do the same to him" What is more annoying is that the members that I believe have left me negative feedback are the people that have been abusing the forum and the reason this system was set up! I know I sound like a whingy little girl, but this is a major flaw, and has stopped me from expressing my opinions. I would like to think that the members in question would've had the maturity not to retaliate, but oh well!

On the other hand it is great to see the "Legends" of the forum racking up little green bars, Doc, Furry, Wahoo are finally getting some of the recognition they deserve!
Well, whoever they are, they obviously think it's a popularity contest. However, Jim as already said that it's not and should be seen as a way to improve

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #38
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Well, whoever they are, they obviously think it's a popularity contest. However, Jim as already said that it's not and should be seen as a way to improve
Yup, I usually only leave reps for two things, when someone brings up something really good (like a well worded reply or something awesome into a thread) or when someone posts something that wants to make me do a facepalm. Like for example, so far I have already given 3 members a rep because they brought up great points!

My fear is that some members will start to "Abuse" it to show their dislike for certain members, and my fear is that those "abusers" might be not highly credible people while the person they keep leaving negative rep for might be a great member, like Brian or doc. I think one way to help reduce the larger scale abuse is to force a comment of why they rated the post. That way, they would need a good reason to do so.

Though I would like to know, what is the color code for them, because I see there are 2 grey ones and 1 green one in mine.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Yup, I usually only leave reps for two things, when someone brings up something really good (like a well worded reply or something awesome into a thread) or when someone posts something that wants to make me do a facepalm. Like for example, so far I have already given 3 members a rep because they brought up great points!

My fear is that some members will start to "Abuse" it to show their dislike for certain members, and my fear is that those "abusers" might be not highly credible people while the person they keep leaving negative rep for might be a great member, like Brian or doc. I think one way to help reduce the larger scale abuse is to force a comment of why they rated the post. That way, they would need a good reason to do so.

Though I would like to know, what is the color code for them, because I see there are 2 grey ones and 1 green one in mine.
You've brought up a decent point there. I mean, it doesn't matter who the person is, if we stuck with this system and for example of the more well known members said something out of turn, similar to what I have done in the past, I wouldn't hesistate to give them a negative rep. That's what this system is for. Not to show who's friends with who or who's more popular than who, but to voice one's opinion against or for a comment made by someone.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #40
Second Officer

Daniel333 is getting startedDaniel333 is getting startedDaniel333 is getting startedDaniel333 is getting started

Well. I really dont know why did I allready got a red bar I think it is ok to do it, BUT it would be more acceptable to do it if you said why are you giving me a "bad reputation". You know this way, you can also help the other person like saying, "I think you should not post comments without meaning anymore" So the one you are giving the bad reputation to, tries to improve the problem that the other members are pointing at. It really doesnt bother me but I just would like to know, why my new "bad reputation". I dont think that I am a member to compare with Lollo or B727 or hikouiki, but in my opinion I cant even get compared with a kid of 15 years old posting spam or comments that are out of topic all time.

Last edited by Daniel333; 04-10-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Daniel333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #41
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas9422 View Post
Now a problem, I got rated bad...Even though the peroson who shall not be named left a good comment.

I accidentally "disagreed" with one of his posts which was supposed to be positive..... Is there a way we can retract our selection to correct it???

Lucas is a good contributer.... And I am responsible for ruining his present ratings... I hope can edit..... Can such a feature be made similar to the edit function in the posts???
Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #42
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel No.5 View Post
I accidentally "disagreed" with one of his posts which was supposed to be positive..... Is there a way we can retract our selection to correct it???

Lucas is a good contributer.... And I am responsible for ruining his present ratings... I hope can edit..... Can such a feature be made similar to the edit function in the posts???

no, you are not responsible for ruining someones ratings and you can't retract your reputation rating.. Only I can reverse them, but to tell you the truth, I don't have time to go in do it. It's OK, they won't be banned if they get a little negative feedback.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #43
RJ First Officer

thornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting started

Well, whether it be positive points or negative points added to my reputation it's a great idea.

ASUS Computer Tech
thornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #44
First Officer

= reputation less than 0
= reputation 0
= reputation more than 0
For each 100 positive rep points you get an additional green image
Old 04-11-2009, 04:21 AM   #45
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
As they say Hamish the cream my friend will always rise to the top. I wouldn't worry to much about the negative feedback, the proof as they say is in the reading. You can't keep everyone happy all the time. Most people will recognise a worthwhile contribution no matter what shape or form it's presented. I hope the days of the quick one liners and witty comments are not dead and also hope that members are not put off posting for fear of getting a negative feedback post.
This is a forum where everyone should post (using common sense and good manners) without thinking they are sitting an exam or fronting a selection panel everytime their fingers reach for the keyboard. Never fear mate, it's not a 'Rugby World Cup semi final'. . Ohh sorry shouldn't have said that....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: