Introducing User Reputation - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #16
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Jim,

I think this is a great innovation. I will be interested to see how it goes. As you said, its success will depend on how the membership uses it. I have not heard of this type of system being used on forums elsewhere but it certainly has potential to make these forums very robust going into the future.

Well done!
Yes, we may also have to change/add/work on the reputation levels a bit as well.
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #17
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

I have to agree with other members and look forward to see how all this is going to pan out. You mentioned a trial period........3-6 months I presume. During this period will you ( the guys in the drivers seat) be leaving some feedback through the forum as to how you feel this is going, having all the open/ raw data at your fingertips.
For this to work the members have to use this system in the right spirit, not just to kiss ***** or bury someone who is having a bad time of things. Even with this system in place a good creative comment here and there is still the best way to encourage a positive and creative contribution to this forum. All the best to we newbies .
Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #18
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Really good. A feature we missed Jim!
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #19
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

This feature (or something like it) was defaintly needed and I'm 100% sure that it'll work (so long as everyone uses it sensibly). Now all that's left, is to remove the feature that shows that status thing (RJ Captain, ATP Captain, Puddle Jumper e.t.c).
Old 04-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #20
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

the idea is in general good... but how would the rating principal be?

if you let members rate eachother, you need a way to be sure that the ratings are fair and neutral...I mean if two members cuz of whatever reasons wouldn't like eachother, they could just give each other bad ratings, and if two member are good friends than they would tend to just give eachother great ratings....

Last edited by aligator; 04-09-2009 at 11:39 AM.
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #21
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
the idea is in general good... but how would the rating principa be?

if you let members rate eachother, you need a way to be sure that the rating are fair and enutral...I mean if two members cuz of whatever reasons don't like eachother, they could just give each other bad ratings, and if two member are good friends they would just give eachother great ratings....
I believe just because you have "5 newbies" friends approved your posting, while a more appreciated "forum contributor" disapproves your posting, then the latter means you have gotten a negative point. That minimizes the kids from abusing the system, even though they are good friends, that misuses the reputation system by giving out rates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #22
Tourist Guide

CO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributor

Thats a great idea Jim but I would limit the amount of possible votes from ten to five.
CO777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

A great and simple idea Jim. I look forward to seeing it pan out.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #24
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor
Thumbs up Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1786B View Post
We are looking into making certain new forums available to users with a certain reputation or higher.

You have 10 reputation "votes" per day, use them carefully. You must also spread them out (on other words, you can't vote for the same user more than twice a day) Remember, reputation "votes" are are not simply added to reach another level, they take into account your OWN reputation and the reputation of the person leaving the reputation comment. For example, 7 "newbies" saying they like a post and two "excellent contributors" saying they don't like it will have a negative result to one's reputation.

Remember, vote for posts you want to reward or punish, NOT the user

To get a good reputation, you have to contribute good stuff and people have to say they appreciate what you have contributed to the forum.

You can see the last 10 reputation ratings in your profile (go to your control box http://www.wings900.com/vb/usercp.php and look under the subscribe thread box) In a thread, if you click on the reputation in your own profile, you will see your rating so far for the post in question.

I am not an expert in the way this all works, but we are making an effort to help things moving forward and improving Wings900. We may remove this feature if it doesn't meet our expectations..... but I felt it is worth a shot.
This new feature is a great addition!! I am confident we will see less "spam" posts and more useful information. For the purpose of the hobby, i hope the forums with reputation requirements will allow still all members to access them, but with posting restrictions. Much appreciated Jim!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #25
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
Thats a great idea Jim but I would limit the amount of possible votes from ten to five.
Good point. I'm not even visiting this site every day. I think ten is too much. Especially because you're only supposed to vote for really good posts. On every visit I see a maximum of two or three really good contributions. That doesn't mean all other posts are senseless but not worth voting for (in either sense).
Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #26
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Jim,
I'm a big fan of constructive criticism and see this as a step in the right direction... I also feel that this will satisfy the majority of the members who want to feel a greater sense of community and "control" (maybe not the right word) here at Wings. I hope you got the PM I sent the other day. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #27
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Now a problem, I got rated bad...Even though the peroson who shall not be named left a good comment.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby
Unhappy Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas9422 View Post
Now a problem, I got rated bad...Even though the peroson who shall not be named left a good comment.
Year same... reflecting on what people have said... it seems that anybody can give you bad reputation, even if you are voiceing you opinion and somebody doesn't agree. I would like to see this work, but to be honest, I really can't see it working .

Regards

Matthew
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #29
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Can you see who left the comment-on my notice board, it's just the comment-no username assigned to it.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #30
First Officer

N1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting startedN1786B is getting started

Guys and gals:

1. This is a trial period introducing a feature our forum software allows us to to do. There is NO guarantee that this feature will continue after the trial period.

2. I'm sorry, but I cannot reply to all of the emails and PMs. I am not ignoring ya'all

3. Thanks to our hard core users for bringing this problem to our attention.

4. I am no expert and am learning as you do - first thing I noticed is that the levels will have to change........ stay tuned
N1786B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: