Introducing User Reputation - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #136
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor
Re: I HATE REP POINTS !!!!!!! :cursing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornet28 View Post
For example, I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS (or hinting to a culprit or any one instance for that matter), profanity, name calling, taunting/teasing, and singling out certain members.
In the future please report this type of behaivor... you can PM any mod or hit the report post button. This helps us make the board enjoyable for everyone.

THREAD MERGED WITH ORIGINAL STICKY!
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #137
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Introducing User Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STN216 View Post
Sorry if I caused any problems but you know it just does not seem right to have red boxes you know and people ( I want to mention names but I wont).

To be honest yes it is used for improvment and no its not because some people do it because they don't like what you have said and im sorry if im being rude its because im Israeli .

Is it true that if you get like 4 reds you get your account disabled ?????
I think that I have seen some users here hit 4 red and then manage to rebound with no consequence. I think once it hits 4 red, the mod and admin might take a look and then determine if the user in question is being troublesome, if they are, they get the boot. Perhaps the Todd, Jim, or one of the mods can explain it much better, as I'm not too familiar with the system.

Quote:
Honestly, I dont see how some people around here got so many 'good post' points. And I don't really think it judges who you are, but if I don't like a post someone makes, I'll make sure to give them a negative, as well as if I like a post its a positive. I don't care if I get none in return, and neither should anyone else. Its not like it defines who you are.. And if you can get your account disabled by it I think thats quite wrong, because no doubt some kid will come along and be an idiot, I'll correct him and get my account of nearly 5 years banned.
Basically, they possibly had people with really high amounts of points show that they approve. For example, if I were to click that I liked your post, it would have a far greater impact to your points than someone who only has like 2 squares or is in the red.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 07-28-2009 at 06:42 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #138
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
I think that I have seen some users here hit 4 red and then manage to rebound with no consequence. I think once it hits 4 red, the mod and admin might take a look and then determine if the user in question is being troublesome, if they are, they get the boot. Perhaps the Todd, Jim, or one of the mods can explain it much better, as I'm not too familiar with the system.

Basically, they possibly had people with really high amounts of points show that they approve. For example, if I were to click that I liked your post, it would have a far greater impact to your points than someone who only has like 2 squares or is in the red.
We do monitor the rep... but that is only a small part of it. Like I said before, the rep is not the "be all and end all" of a member's existence on this forum. When we have to take action against a user it is usually because of a particular violation of forum rules or policy. Most times these actions are reported to us (although sometimes we come upon them ourselves).

Old 07-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #139
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STN216 View Post
Is it true that if you get like 4 reds you get your account disabled ?????
It depends on the member's posts, what they have been all about.
Once they hit the 4 dots, they dont get disabled right away, in fact they will be picked out, and reviewed by either one of the mods or (an admin)
But ofcourse if there are members who need to report a troublesome member, do contact a mod or an admin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B777-300ER View Post
Yeah well I got one for mispelling "sorry" on accident. I spelled it "srry" and got a red for it. Also my friend on here got one from someone because he posted in his post "k" instead of "ok" I mean really? Thats absurd to me. Some people put their power to use in unfortunate ways.
I am sure that case is not an individual case. A deliberately amount of posts, consisting sms style posts from 1 person (say your friend) might have triggered the negative points from the "READER".

Besides nobody says that one negative rating counts for one bad post alone.

---------------

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #140
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi friends. I am relatively new in this forum, but i would like to express my opinion about the "reputation" system. I have seen that some members give positive or negative reputation in a "too simple way". What i mean? Positive or negative reputation should help the Forum and the forum members to post appropriate threads, to not quarrel because we have different ideas and different views about our world (at least they were created for this purpose). I don't think it is correct to use the reputation system for different views about civil aviation world or because you are nice or nasty to a member ( and this is very serious); or, worse, because there is a "legacy" of members who enjoy giving negative reputations to a members! This is a joke ,of course, but this system exists and it is used, so i think we should think to what we are doing. I received negative reputations because i have expressed my thought, and each thought of each member is free and must be expressed! Of course we should not quarrel about political-economic-religious themes, and we must have respect for everyone. But when you receive some unexplained, or pointless, or simply dictated by antipathy negative notices, i think it is normal if you do some questions to yourself, asking to you if this system really works in the correct way.
So what does it mean to give negative notice because a member asked something (opening a new thread) about a thread who was posted time ago? What does it mean if you give a negative notice to a member in a thread to which you have not participated? But what does it mean to give a positive or a negative notice to a member because he is nice or nasty to you and to your best friends? Or because an appreciated member, that should not be too appreciated according to other members, must be somewhat hampered? Are there problems between members and countries?(I explain: i could think that i, as Charter or italian, can not be nice to other members! It is human, i know, but it should not be the main "theme" when you give a reputation notice!) I think none of us wrote something of very offensive or very strange, but at the same time there is something wrong about this system.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 07-31-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #141
richardganesh

User reputation system and admin who abuse his status, how is this right? I got into a silly argument with another forum member about grammar and spelling, I apologized on my part and the involved member accepted the apology. This is all done in the involved thread itself.
What amazed me is after 10 days or so since all this sorted, an admin, whom I believe should be neutral and sensible, went on to down rate my reputation and asked me to ‘GTFO’.
Can anyone explain to me, how this is fair? Or acceptable when its coming from an admin?
I reported this but I am very annoyed that someone who supposed to be an admin is free to do so?

****** the next bit is addition as to what happened after I post this original message *********

The involved admin, challenged me on this and changed the comment he made at the time when he down rated me. This is scary and definitely abuse of position.

How do I know he is admin? When I want to add him to ignore list, it did not allow me as I cannot ignore an admin.

P.S. I apologize in advance for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Last edited by richardganesh; 06-19-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #142
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

It was not one of the Admins.

Only an expression!
I did it due to the messages you were posting in that thread.
My negrep was merely "GTFO" was another expression of, but not literally wanting you to get out of here. My bad part was that I used that word. That I apologize for. And I hope you can accept that apology for using that word towards you.

To the Mods/Admins
The thread can be found in the Deleted section

Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #143
richardganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
It was not one of the Admins.

Only an expression!
I did it due to the messages you were posting in that thread.
My negrep was merely "GTFO" was another expression of, but not literally wanting you to get out of here. My bad part was that I used that word. That I apologize for. And I hope you can accept that apology for using that word towards you.

To the Mods/Admins
The thread can be found in the Deleted section
Don't you think its a bit over the top especially when it was sorted and I apologized to the involved member? Feel like school play ground. There are a lot of very good forum users but experience like this just spoils everything.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #144
Rex
W900 Team Member

Replying to your additional comment:
I changed it because my previous reputation comment was over the line.

Okey, This incident was two weeks ago, if you still feel anger about this, fine.
Will I be able to change your opinion, not likely.
Yes it was a bit over the top about the usage of that word.
But you have to think back, if you didn't post like a 12 year old, you and I wouldn't be here now wasting our time. Lights out!

Accept my apology in previous post.

Rex

Last edited by Rex; 06-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #145
richardganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Replying to your additional comment:
I changed it because my previous reputation comment was over the line.

Okey, This incident was two weeks ago, if you still feel anger about this, fine.
Will I be able to change your opinion, not likely.
Yes it was a bit over the top about the usage of that word.
But you have to think back, if you didn't post like a 12 year old, you and I wouldn't be here now wasting our time. Lights out!

I'm done!

Rex
That because only today I get chance to sit down in front of the PC and have 'Me' time, so no, I don’t spent every day of my life watching this forum like you do. Also posting like 12 years old comment, I don’t think I need to justify that, your reply alone good enough to show who is acting like one. Enjoy your daily life in this forum. I might reply next time when I have time to visit this forum properly.

Last edited by richardganesh; 06-19-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #146
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Richard, when I recently saw the reply of CC2506 in the thread I was angry about it because he obviously didn't read the thread and just made his stupid comments ignoring the fact that everything was settled and then he even accused the wrong person.
I don't know who gave you bad reps and what was written in it and from the conversation above I still don't really understand it (quite confusing to be honest) , but let's please rest the case now.
We can't educate the people and we have to accept that even after a long discussion someone comes up with his silly remarks in which he shows that he didn
t even read the thread. In such cases you should know who the fool.
About your qustion how to recognize team members/admins : you can see it either under their usernames (in my case) or in the avatar (like ein Rex' case). If a team member reminds us to check our grammar and spelling, please accept it and try to improve yourself. In the reported post you have not even been addressed personally.

And now let's please draw a line under this case and move on. Thank you.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #147
richardganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Richard, when I recently saw the reply of CC2506 in the thread I was angry about it because he obviously didn't read the thread and just made his stupid comments ignoring the fact that everything was settled and then he even accused the wrong person.
I don't know who gave you bad reps and what was written in it and from the conversation above I still don't really understand it (quite confusing to be honest) , but let's please rest the case now.
We can't educate the people and we have to accept that even after a long discussion someone comes up with his silly remarks in which he shows that he didn
t even read the thread. In such cases you should know who the fool.
About your qustion how to recognize team members/admins : you can see it either under their usernames (in my case) or in the avatar (like ein Rex' case). If a team member reminds us to check our grammar and spelling, please accept it and try to improve yourself. In the reported post you have not even been addressed personally.

And now let's please draw a line under this case and move on. Thanks you.
Hi silverbird, I always appreciate your comment. The comment wasn't made in the thread itself but in the personal message you can quote to someone when you down or up rate someone. I did move on since that thread, just today I saw this personal comment.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #148
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Just a reminder to some users; the system is not to be used for your own personal vengeance, if a negative reputation point is give to you, don't get your pants in a twist and give them it back, deal with it and try to improve upon the specified reason. It's quite clear there was something you did wrong.
MYT DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: