Playing Airline Mogul - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
I want a Gulfstream V

QF A380 is getting startedQF A380 is getting startedQF A380 is getting startedQF A380 is getting started
Playing Airline Mogul

Are any of you guys playing Airline Mogul? If so, what world, what fleet and what routes?
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor
Re: Playing Airline Mogul

There's a 10 page thread about Airline Mogul and Airline Empires by Chard I think.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

I remember that game! It was addicting... I probably didn't know how to plat the game properly, but I ended up playing where things went out of control. It seemed as if every tactic was a failure of an established success.

Being from SoCal, I aspired to make my own little LAX. So I usually chose N America or Australia.

It was alot of fun. I'll have to dig it up from my junk pile some time.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

I used to play it, but that game cuts in so much if you try to have a life.

Last time I played I became the world's 14th most valuable airline, which was great considering I didn't base in the super ports like many in that area and I think it started out in the 1960s.
I had as bases:
Rzeszow
Leningrad
Kiev
Valencia
Milan Bergamo
Budapest
Odessa, Ukraine

I was also the launch customer that round for: AN-24V, IL-62, Tu-134, Tu-134A and Yak-40. I utilized a pretty large fleet composed mostly of Soviet metal, but with some Polish and East German metal working in there, along with the BZ-308 being used for low density, long distance routes routes as well as the 727-100 Bizjet for long distance, very low density runs. I wonder. God, that was a fun game, but very time consuming.

Quote:
I remember that game! It was addicting... I probably didn't know how to plat the game properly, but I ended up playing where things went out of control. It seemed as if every tactic was a failure of an established success.
If you based at LAX or any other super major airport on earth, there is where your problem lies. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY flies there, be it the 40 13 year olds who think they're the next Ryanair and set 25 Euro fares to the guy in the smaller city that you're flying to from LAX. The best strategy is to start out in the 180K-5 million PAX area. You won't grow like crazy, but you will have a nice sustainable growth without too much pain from competition. Also, choosing the best, most logical type for most routes is recommended. If you flew a 737 everywhere, it would work very much against you because the routes you may be putting it on may not cover the maint, so the profit for those particular aircraft will either be very low or non-existant. If you looked at FLO (my airline when I played) in the 1960s round, you'll see that my fleet had large numbers of IL-14 (mostly M, but also Ps from earlier) and AN-24Vs. You'll also see that I had my fair share of Tu-104 and 134 flying to most cities and notice I only had 3 IL-62s. The reason for the lack of IL-62s was the fact that their maint was very high compared to other aircraft in the fleet. I did have my fair share of An-10As though, which I can tell you are very good and highly underestimated planes in the game (though I wouldn't want to operate them in reality, if you know about it's past.)

Here is what my fleet comprised off when I played in Public World #9:
Antonov An-10A 18
Antonov An-24V* 73
Boeing 727-100 Executive 4
Breda-Zappata BZ-308 27
CSS-12 4
Ilyushin Il-14M 45
Ilyushin Il-18D 16
Ilyushin Il-62* 4
Industriewerk Il-14P 6
Nord 260 Super Broussard 1
Tupolev Tu-104A 3
Tupolev Tu-104V 13
Tupolev Tu-114D 37
Tupolev Tu-134* 35
Tupolev Tu-134A* 70
Yakovlev Yak-40* 26

*Launch Customer for specific type.

A shame that round didn't go for longer, I would've had a An-10A blowout sale while I replaced them with Tu-154s.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 03-24-2009 at 12:13 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: