Number of posts vs Quality of posts - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Number of posts vs Quality of posts

I know this has been brought up so many times before. We get so many fng's that think they will be worth their weight in salt if they have a high post count. I say BS. Just because I have 7600+ posts doesn't mean that you guys respect me anymore. It is the quality and content of my posts that earned respect. Joking around is one thing, but senseless posting goes no where with members here.

We have a good friend Emil who was a heavy hitter here at one time. I know he has mentioned on numerous occasions that it is these people who come on here and act like it's a chat room by posting a bunch of crap to make their post count go higher that drives him nuts and that's why he stays away. We don't need to lose good members who contribute to this forum because of post whores. We need to make this forum our happy place that once was for many of us. A place where we meet old friends, discuss aviation and diecast models and have some fun. A place to get away from the humdrum of daily life for a bit.

What are your thoughts gentleman?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
Re: Number of posts vs Quality of posts

I am in total agreement with you Brian. I know to the new guys it may seem like we are sometimes posting nonsense but that is to just have fun and get a good laugh. Many of us (including myself) had to build the reputation here... not by post counts but by post quality, and by being friends with everyone, and that is another thing that has fallen down the drain. Making friends and being respectful to other members. This is a key thing that keeps the forum going and keeps it fun to come back to. I mean personally I look forward to coming home after school and seeing what new thing came out or what happened in the aviation world, or just seeing the guys post some random stuff that is just plain fun. Now some members might not think that us oldies are not respecting them. The only reason that we might be mean to you is we are trying to shape you into a more respectable member. We don't hate it when a new member joins... actually we are very happy that a new member joins because that mean one more person to have fun with, one more opinion to be added to anything and everything, and more importantly one more friend to make.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Abolish the post number counter...

Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

You know the atmosphere here is so much different than other sites. I am with the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Black Hawks websites and people are just plain old downright rude and mean. I don't post there anymore because people there are dicks to be honest.

I have a list of friends here who I have made over the years, and it is unfortunate that the list has shrunk. Some of my friends have just disappeared. It's sad.

You know at one time, El Wahoo was a newbie. But I don't think I posted dumb stuff just to post. I wanted people to respect me and I wanted to contribute in a meaningful way. Waffle might remember when I first came on board. He can tell you I was not your typical (These days at least) noob.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

I'm sorry but I have posted some crappy posts I will admit and I have gotten battered for that. I would say I am sorry I guess. But I have to point out that I have seen a post of you Captain Wahoo and you said something about Mashed Potatoes (I was trying to find where you said that but I couldn't, you were joking and messing around obviously). That may be one stupid post compared to my numerous stupid posts. No more stupid posts for me!!! Sorry!!!

I found it. It was in the Eherran post!!!

Last edited by jetsforlife; 03-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.
jetsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
I'm sorry but I have posted some crappy posts I will admit and I have gotten battered for that. I would say I am sorry I guess. But I have to point out that I have seen a post of you Captain Wahoo and you said something about Mashed Potatoes (I was trying to find where you said that but I couldn't, you were joking and messing around obviously). That may be one stupid post compared to my numerous stupid posts. No more stupid posts for me!!! Sorry!!!

Hey now don't you be making fun of our mashed potatos and grilled corn on the cob conversation....

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
Hey now don't you be making fun of our mashed potatos and grilled corn on the cob conversation....
O my apologies.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

I gota agree, i know my posts are not always full and lengthy. But i try to tleast make them readable and sencible, But yeah it also gets on my nerves when people just post noncense to get there post number up.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

I'm a great example of crappy posting. My first few months on here were kinda ruff. I wouldn't post much just one liners and little remarks untill me and wahoo got into it one ill faited afternoon. From then on I seem to have joined the group of members, and seem to have made friends. I enjoy talking to you guys, and I enjoy the feild of aviation. Aviation is my passion, and its nice to have friends to talk about my love for airplanes and have great conversions about aviation, As well as goof off and make fun of eachother.

I still don't post much, I am just now breaking 1000 post. But I think I've earned some respect. But then again, I've been wrong before.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post

You are correct in calling me out for posting about mashed potatoes. You can call me out on quite a few posts where I might joke around with someone, but the majority of my posts make some sense and contribute to this forum in some fashion. All of us here can be guilty of making "mashed potato" posts every once in awhile. I will give you a list of members that I noticed that have made these type posts but that I still respect because they contribute in other ways. I would like for you to go after these guys if you have the stones to do it. Here we go...

A_Loser
n777co
n747ua
FedEx AirMaster
FedEx777
FlyingDoc
Ferihegy
CO777/200
kardar757
Juneau Flyer 18
LOT 737-300
Rammstein
PTEric
oh and Waffle (Who has the power of God)

There's a good start for you young man. Now go get em!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneau_Flyer_18 View Post
I'm a great example of crappy posting. My first few months on here were kinda ruff. I wouldn't post much just one liners and little remarks until me and wahoo got into it one ill fated afternoon. From then on I seem to have joined the group of members, and seem to have made friends. I enjoy talking to you guys, and I enjoy the feild of aviation. Aviation is my passion, and its nice to have friends to talk about my love for airplanes and have great conversions about aviation, As well as goof off and make fun of eachother.

I still don't post much, I am just now breaking 1000 post. But I think I've earned some respect. But then again, I've been wrong before.
Oh I fit into that category also...... But just about everything is good now...
Oh and Welcome aboard Captain

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneau_Flyer_18 View Post
I'm a great example of crappy posting. My first few months on here were kinda ruff. I wouldn't post much just one liners and little remarks untill me and wahoo got into it one ill faited afternoon. From then on I seem to have joined the group of members, and seem to have made friends. I enjoy talking to you guys, and I enjoy the feild of aviation. Aviation is my passion, and its nice to have friends to talk about my love for airplanes and have great conversions about aviation, As well as goof off and make fun of eachother.

Congratulations on 1000 posts. You have earned respect from people here. We got into one ill fated afternoon? What happened I don't remember.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Good Point well made, Jeunea Flyer 18 told me about double posting, Il learn from that. I dont really care about how many posts you have.
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #14
Tourist Guide

CO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributorCO777 is an excellent contributor

Thats funny I've just talked with Chris (Ferihegy) about this "problem".
I noticed this over the past years. More and more young people are appearing on this forum and making me more and more angry.
Nothing against you guys but please think twice before you post something. Read and learn!
Not the quantity but the quality counts!

@Captain. You forgot the Director on your list!

Last edited by CO777; 03-10-2009 at 06:49 PM.
CO777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #15
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You are correct in calling me out for posting about mashed potatoes. You can call me out on quite a few posts where I might joke around with someone, but the majority of my posts make some sense and contribute to this forum in some fashion. All of us here can be guilty of making "mashed potato" posts every once in awhile. I will give you a list of members that I noticed that have made these type posts but that I still respect because they contribute in other ways. I would like for you to go after these guys if you have the stones to do it. Here we go...

A_Loser
n777co
n747ua
FedEx AirMaster
FedEx777
FlyingDoc
Ferihegy
CO777/200
kardar757
Juneau Flyer 18
LOT 737-300
Rammstein
PTEric
oh and Waffle (Who has the power of God)

There's a good start for you young man. Now go get em!

Ahhh. To many names!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: