Number of posts vs Quality of posts - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #31
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Number of posts vs Quality of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
I see your point but that is pretty harsh. I mean some kids have trouble with that and even adults do too. (I used that right didn't I). But you can't go out and say that about kids that you don't know and what areas they may need help. You are 20 I see so you have to be a little more mature and understanding because we have many learning disabilities in the world and they will never end.
I know that some homophones can be pretty confusing, it's best to learn early. Trust me. Though to be honest, I didn't learn proper uses of your and you're until I was in Senior year of high school (woot! go US Public Education system?)

Don't think that I'm trying to be a grammar Nazi when I say such things. I'm not expecting anyone to sound or type like a 18th/19th century higher-class Englishman. I just wish that our younger (and even a few closer to my age) users didn't type something that looked like it was from a cell phone, and also picked up on some forum etiquette (like don't double or triple post unless you have good reason to, and also if you need to add something, or even fix it, the Edit button becomes your friend quickly for that.)
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 03:34 AM   #32
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

W900 Has an Old Boys club - Get over it.

Last edited by Chard; 03-11-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:27 AM   #33
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Everything has been said. What makes me really angry is the fact that these people go on posting like mad altough we warned them. I don't know what we can do
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #34
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Either do away with the ranking, or make it a composite of several criteria: posts, friends list, donations, etc., etc.

Last edited by hikouki; 03-11-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: grammar
hikouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #35
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
W900 Has an Old Boys club - Get over it.
OH BUGGER...... OOPS I'VE Done it again. Sorry Chaps wrong Site..........

Thought I had logged into 'LEGS 900'. Now just have to remember how Chard told me how to log into NZRU.com........
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #36
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I go on holiday for 2 weeks and i miss all the hubbub!

I feel we're destined to chase out tails forever where this point is concerned but for what it's worth i agree with the Cap
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #37
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

I agree with this. I say get rid of the post counter
MD11Freighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #38
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11Freighter View Post
I agree with this. I say get rid of the post counter
I say we keep post counter but hide it from the public so only you can see. But none of this RJ Second officer or Captain or puddle jumper.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #39
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I say we keep post counter but hide it from the public so only you can see. But none of this RJ Second officer or Captain or puddle jumper.
The hidden counter as suggested by Jets for Life may be the best solution since this seems to bother so many members; for me personally I don't really care--
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #40
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
Maybe not. But then again, it surely would not be the same without youse!!
that my friend is so true... OH and it wouldn't be the same without yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I go on holiday for 2 weeks and i miss all the hubbub!

I feel we're destined to chase out tails forever where this point is concerned but for what it's worth i agree with the Cap
Hahahaha... You really didn't miss much...

as for the post counter... personally my vote is to leave it... I like the idea of having you go though the ranks when posting. It is a lot like when you are becoming an actual pilot. You need to go though the ranks and earn your respect. But hey that is just my view.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #41
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
that my friend is so true... OH and it wouldn't be the same without yourself
Thanks much my friend!! And very much likewise!!

I don't think we should get rid of the counter. It stays where it is the way it is. We never had an issue about it in the past and I have been here since 2001. No need to have an issue now.

My airport progress: KDCN
FedEx AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #42
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

Every post has a value tagged to it. From highly valuable to pointless, Good useful info, to humerous, to make my day, to negative and destructive, to absolute trash. I find myself meandering through these forums in search for wealth of knowledge in the hobby and aviation.

Sometimes what people think are pointless could be useful (Note the word "sometimes"). Beyond that, yeah, they can be rendered pointless. Many posts give me an idea of what could potentially be a quick sell out, or a model not worth the money. Of course justification is important as well. I think we all know who the BS'ers are and those who contribute positively to the forums.

What if nobody replies to those pointless threads? Thats where many come across teh frustration trying to figure out something that does not make sense... Give it a low rating so others will know that it is not worth looking at.

I do like the fact that fellow members will defend others who are wrongfully attacked for no reason when the post / thread was made for a valid reason.

I try not to get too comfortable in the forums that I start making bad posts. Please excuse the bad posts...

Last edited by Blue Angel No.5; 03-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Blue Angel No.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
RJ First Officer

thornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting startedthornet28 is getting started

I think it just has to do with the attitude of the people on this forum. We ALL need improvements.
1) Be kind
2) Make your posts count
3) Stay calm
4) Answer REAL questions about the hobby and ignore stupid ones to prevent unrest
5) Again, just be kind to all members
6) Members who do ask dumb questions just to prove their point and start a fight (I'll admit it, I have before and was foolish to do so) need to swallow their pride and respond calmyly and nicely
And yes I will admit, again, that I personally have committed some of these listed above and, again, was foolish to do so.

ASUS Computer Tech
thornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #44
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornet28 View Post
I think it just has to do with the attitude of the people on this forum. We ALL need improvements.
1) Be kind
2) Make your posts count
3) Stay calm
4) Answer REAL questions about the hobby and ignore stupid ones to prevent unrest
5) Again, just be kind to all members
6) Members who do ask dumb questions just to prove their point and start a fight (I'll admit it, I have before and was foolish to do so) need to swallow their pride and respond calmyly and nicely
And yes I will admit, again, that I personally have committed some of these listed above and, again, was foolish to do so.
Agree 100%. I guess I might be breaking one of the rules here but Dylan you should follow these rules or at least look them over!!! Especially number 1 and 3. O and maybe number 6. (Also I am not picking a fight Dylan, you really need to respect me and others too.)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #45
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Agree 100%. I guess I might be breaking one of the rules here but Dylan you should follow these rules or at least look them over!!! Especially number 1 and 3. O and maybe number 6. (Also I am not picking a fight Dylan, you really need to respect me and others too.)
You cannot plead for someones respect. It is something earned. We all earn it, like a badge of honor.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: