Number of posts vs Quality of posts - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #16
Intercontinentaux

Re: Number of posts vs Quality of posts

I think both new and old members post nonsense every once in a while. Some newbies who don't know forum etiquette tend to bring up very old threads and/or start new ones about pointless stuff like "how to post pictures", etc. Older members sometimes "hijack" threads and turn them into "chat rooms" which might make others who don't know them feel like outsiders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #17
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercontinentaux View Post
I think both new and old members post nonsense every once in a while. Some newbies who don't know forum etiquette tend to bring up very old threads and/or start new ones about pointless stuff like "how to post pictures", etc. Older members sometimes "hijack" threads and turn them into "chat rooms" which might make others who don't know them feel like outsiders.
I've seen newer, younger members do the "chat room" thing more than members who have been here long enough. Sometimes we do go off track, but if we were to just simply stay on one subject for each thread, this place would sure be boring.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of nonsense every now and then, no one is arguing that, but the way that some members, specifically ones who joined lately come here seem to treat it more like a chat room. I mean, they don't even make sure that their grammar/spelling isn't too bad.

Quote:
Thats funny I've just talked with Chris (Ferihegy) about this "problem".
I noticed this over the past years. More and more young people are appearing on this forum and making me more and more angry.
I know how to cure this problem. I've noticed that the trend of membership is also coinciding with what manufactures are releasing. We can slow this down by making sure no manufacture makes the following aircraft/Airlines for some time:
777s
737NG
A32X
A330s
A340s
CRJs
ERJs
Middle Eastern Supercarriers
Singapore Airlines
Other modern "Kool-Aid" airlines I haven't mentioned
Anything flying in commercial service that was produced after 1999

There problem solved.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #18
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Congratulations on 1000 posts. You have earned respect from people here. We got into one ill fated afternoon? What happened I don't remember.
You don't remember?! Its a long story, but long story short, i was being the snot nosed little kid that i was at the time, and you set me straight.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #19
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor

All I have to say is:

IT's 2AM

Where is the mashed potatoes??

My airport progress: KDCN
FedEx AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneau_Flyer_18 View Post
You don't remember?! Its a long story, but long story short, i was being the snot nosed little kid that i was at the time, and you set me straight.
I feel good that I was your mentor.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
All I have to say is:

IT's 2AM

Where is the mashed potatoes??
Now that you did bring it up. I wonder now, what would the great 27L say if he saw what we see these days?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor

Seriously though, and the point of my last post:

Captain Wahoo listed a group of people (he left out twosevenleft and richie 154) who are the most respected folks in this form. When you gain respect over time here, you are entitled to post what you want without getting ripped on.

For you noobs who come on here posting crap to get high numbers than cry when you get ripped on, it's because you have not gained respect. Most of you join up, post 50 posts then never come back. It's those of us that have been here and keep comming back that gives the forum value. Not the people who come and go.

It's the quality of your first posts as a noob and how long you stick around that will tell the community if you are worthwhile or not.

I have been here for quite a while and thus I post whatever the hell I want. (So long as I don't piss off waffle)

If Captain wants to post about mashed potatoes or those sorry @$$ Cubs or his erectile dis....

Captain Wahoo can do whatever he wants here as he (in my opinion) is THE most respected person here. If he were not here, i'd never come back.

So the point is noobs, Gain respect, or get ripped on when you post crap.

Last edited by FedEx AirMaster; 03-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #23
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
Seriously though, and the point of my last post:

Captain Wahoo listed a group of people (he left out twosevenleft and richie 154) who are the most respected folks in this form. When you gain respect over time here, you are entitled to post what you want without getting ripped on.

For you noobs who come on here posting crap to get high numbers than cry when you get ripped on, it's because you have not gained respect. Most of you join up, post 50 posts then never come back. It's those of us that have been here and keep comming back that gives the forum value. Not the people who come and go.

It's the quality of your first posts as a noob and how long you stick around that will tell the community if you are worthwhile or not.

I have been here for quite a while and thus I post whatever the hell I want. (So long as I don't piss off waffle)

If Captain wants to post about mashed potatoes or those sorry @$$ Cubs or his erectile dis....

Captain Wahoo can do whatever he wants here as he (in my opinion) is THE most respected person here. If he were not here, i'd never come back.

So the point is noobs, Gain respect, or get ripped on when you post crap.
I appreciate that D'. But I don't think I am the most respected here.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #24
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

D' I think you said it best. Time here and quality of posts... Speeking of time... I just noticed that this month I have hit 3 years on the forum.... My time has gone by fast.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #25
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

This is a good post as I love this hobby it’s a passion and my sole reason to be here is to learn more about this hobby and to establish and build relationship with people who share this same passion as me. God knows where I live, in the middle of no where, there is no one else who does this, so I seek fellow collectors from around the world.

I do find it frustrating at times as there are those of you that have known each other a very long time and sometimes it’s tough to break into those groups. I also hate to compete with those post we complain about and then join them such as “who has flown on 747” , “which aircraft have you flown on that you own the model” , who has flown through what cities on the left hand side of the plane on a Sunday picking their nose with their right hand” posts.

I have also argued for a paid site where serious collectors can get together and learn from fellow serious collectors and yes that is another debate and yes I also agree that we do not need a paid site to accomplish what I think many of us already do. Like many of us, my time is valuable and I do not post or belong to DAC or any other board so I like to be involved and read relevant post and be part of the solution by contributing positively.

The counter should go as we can pick our own silly or fun titles or positions and who cares who has what number of posts. How many people comment on each issues with “wow I need to get that” or “ that is a must have” sure I did it for a while for about 17 posts but I was young, new to the board, easily influenced and I didn’t know any better however I did not inhale.

Grammer will always be an issue but with so many people from all over the world, is it really a concern. English is English we have the Queens's English, We have American, we have Aussie English , red neck and hillibillie English, I do not think it's a big deal as so many people have English as a second language. I have six titles behind my name and I still cant spell "the" and need my assistant to proof read all of my work, as microsoft has not yet developed Word or Office to a level that works for me!

Lots of godo stuff on this board and this is a good discusssion. Lots of volunteers behind this and I think we forget that at times. I still do not know who the Gods or mini Gods or wanna be Gods are on this site so I treat everyone the same.

Well there my two cents .........

Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion

Last edited by HerpaYVR; 03-11-2009 at 01:43 AM.
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #26

united is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciatedunited is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpaYVR View Post
This is a good post as I love this hobby it’s a passion and my sole reason to be here is to learn more about this hobby and to establish and build relationship with people who share this same passion as me. God knows where I live, in the middle of no where, there is no one else who does this, so I seek fellow collectors from around the world.

I do find it frustrating at times as there are those of you that have known each other a very long time and sometimes it’s tough to break into those groups. I also hate to compete with those post we complain about and then join them such as “who has flown on 747” , “which aircraft have you flown on that you own the model” , who has flown through what cities on the left hand side of the plane on a Sunday picking their nose with their right hand” posts.

I have also argued for a paid site where serious collectors can get together and learn from fellow serious collectors and yes that is another debate and yes I also agree that we do not need a paid site to accomplish what I think many of us already do. Like many of us, my time is valuable and I do not post or belong to DAC or any other board so I like to be involved and read relevant post and be part of the solution by contributing positively.

The counter should go as we can pick our own silly or fun titles or positions and who cares who has what number of posts. How many people comment on each issues with “wow I need to get that” or “ that is a must have” sure I did it for a while for about 17 posts but I was young, new to the board, easily influenced and I didn’t know any better however I did not inhale.

Grammer will always be an issue but with so many people from all over the world, is it really a concern. English is English we have the Queens's English, We have American, we have Aussie English , red neck and hillibillie English, I do not think it's a big deal as so many people have English as a second language. I have six titles behind my name and I still cant spell "the" and need my assistant to proof read all of my work, as microsoft has not yet developed Word or Office to a level that works for me!

Lots of godo stuff on this board and this is a good discusssion. Lots of volunteers behind this and I think we forget that at times. I still do not know who the Gods or mini Gods or wanna be Gods are on this site so I treat everyone the same.

Some people come on this forum to gain knowledge about the world of aviation and scale collecting, others come on this forum to share their opinions and have a good time. In my opinion (haven't being here for long) is that there should be a balance of both. Sometimes it's a good thing to have a bit of laugh, other times seriousness is needed. I try my best to have a mix of both, I have gone overboard a few times, but then everyone does right? Four members which I repsect are uncle_beat, furry, Chard and 'colisw6'.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #27
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Grammer will always be an issue but with so many people from all over the world, is it really a concern. English is English we have the Queens's English, We have American, we have Aussie English , red neck and hillibillie English, I do not think it's a big deal as so many people have English as a second language. I have six titles behind my name and I still cant spell "the" and need my assistant to proof read all of my work, as microsoft has not yet developed Word or Office

You had a good point through the whole post, but it usually doesn't bother me too much on what version of English people speak. The thing that does bother me is seeing 13-16 year olds who were born and raised in an English speaking country by English speaking parents somehow not capable of differentiating between "too, two or to", or typing in shorthand. The people who are not too native on speaking English, I think they do a wonderful job. Much better than most of us in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #28
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor
Cool Re: Number of posts vs Quality of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
You had a good point through the whole post, but it usually doesn't bother me too much on what version of English people speak. The thing that does bother me is seeing 13-16 year olds who were born and raised in an English speaking country by English speaking parents somehow not capable of differentiating between "too, two or to", or typing in shorthand. The people who are not too native on speaking English, I think they do a wonderful job. Much better than most of us in my opinion.
I see your point but that is pretty harsh. I mean some kids have trouble with that and even adults do too. (I used that right didn't I). But you can't go out and say that about kids that you don't know and what areas they may need help. You are 20 I see so you have to be a little more mature and understanding because we have many learning disabilities in the world and they will never end.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #29
W900 Senior Member

Quote:

Ahhahahah!!!! Now that! Was funny!!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #30
W900 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I appreciate that D'. But I don't think I am the most respected here.
Maybe not. But then again, it surely would not be the same without youse!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: