Spelling and grammar - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #91
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor
Re: Spelling and grammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Let's see a couple kiddies got put on time out, we'll see if that calms the storm a bit.
Well, my day just got a little better... thanks Waffle.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #92
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Let's see a couple kiddies got put on time out, we'll see if that calms the storm a bit.
I am just asking a question here and not being rude one bit. Am I one of the kiddies that got put on time out? Because I got an infraction from you.

Last edited by jetsforlife; 04-02-2009 at 10:38 PM.
jetsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #93

LAX-777 is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
I've earned your respect? I feel so happy! I still felt like an outsider to everyone, with little scars of my past here and still trying to fit in. I am very happy that I have been noticed to have improved. I hope, that maybe in 3 or 4 years, I can be classified as one of you guys.
Thanks.

I guess that one of the reasons for my good spelling and grammar skills is because my father is an English tutor. He always used to correct me whenever I say something incorrectly. All of these corrections, plus the addition of his guidence over me for the last decade have helped me to achieve... well... good spelling and grammar skills I suppose?

Thanks to my father's help, I managed to achieve two A grades for my English GCSE mock exam. My goal for when I'm in year 11 is to achieve an A*!

Another thing that my spelling and grammar has brought me, is a kind of a drawback. Whenever I need to text somebody (hardly ever, since I only use my phone about once per month) I make myself text the who message using perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation, often making me go beyond the character limit. Another drawback is that I cannot send anyone an instant message using Windows Live Messenger without making my messeges correct in terms of spelling and grammar, making the person on the other line very bored, waiting to see what I've been writing.

I think I may have 'wording OCD' or something.
On all points, from the respect to the texting, I couldn't agree more!!

I too hope that one day in a few years I can be accepted into the upper realms of respected members, but I am very glad for the following things:

1. Cap' and I are on speaking terms, like each other (at least I like him ), and don't argue over politics anymore (sorry ).

2. I am respected by other members (at least more) and for everything I have learned about good posting etc. from the mentor members (Wahoo, furryforest, etc.)

3. I have made some good friends on Wings900 (the best one being Kenneth (or arhang123; I've known him longest), and I really don't want to lose contact with them.

Okay, I'm sorry, that was WAY more than three things. BUT I am really happy for the connections made on Wings900, and I really wish that some of the "n00bs" (I hope I am not classified as one anymore) specifically 757lover *cough* *cough* will learn like I did how to respect the forum, and make friends here. Once you get through your ignorance, you will find some great, respectable people who are smart, funny, and experienced in this hobby.

And I digress...
LAX-777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #94
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-777 View Post
On all points, from the respect to the texting, I couldn't agree more!!

I too hope that one day in a few years I can be accepted into the upper realms of respected members, but I am very glad for the following things:

1. Cap' and I are on speaking terms, like each other (at least I like him ), and don't argue over politics anymore (sorry ).

2. I am respected by other members (at least more) and for everything I have learned about good posting etc. from the mentor members (Wahoo, furryforest, etc.)

3. I have made some good friends on Wings900 (the best one being Kenneth (or arhang123; I've known him longest), and I really don't want to lose contact with them.

Okay, I'm sorry, that was WAY more than three things. BUT I am really happy for the connections made on Wings900, and I really wish that some of the "n00bs" (I hope I am not classified as one anymore) specifically 757lover *cough* *cough* will learn like I did how to respect the forum, and make friends here. Once you get through your ignorance, you will find some great, respectable people who are smart, funny, and experienced in this hobby.

And I digress...
I like you too. I like everyone unless you cross me.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #95
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I think I'm the same way about everyone... (except a few right now) I know rapleylikeba, and LAX-777 have definatly grown sence they started here. They are on a higher level of respect around this forum all because they listened.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #96
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Yeah thanks for the tip, but then I don't put as much thought into Spelling and Grammar into Wings compared to my GCSE essay's etc. As long as its legible and can get my point across, its all good.
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #97

Quote:
I've learned that
Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #98
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-777 View Post
I've learned that
So why the change of heart? You had some vile things to say about me.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #99
RJ Captain

Peak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
I've earned your respect? I feel so happy! I still felt like an outsider to everyone, with little scars of my past here and still trying to fit in. I am very happy that I have been noticed to have improved. I hope, that maybe in 3 or 4 years, I can be classified as one of you guys.
Thanks.

I guess that one of the reasons for my good spelling and grammar skills is because my father is an English tutor. He always used to correct me whenever I say something incorrectly. All of these corrections, plus the addition of his guidence over me for the last decade have helped me to achieve... well... good spelling and grammar skills I suppose?

Thanks to my father's help, I managed to achieve two A grades for my English GCSE mock exam. My goal for when I'm in year 11 is to achieve an A*!

Another thing that my spelling and grammar has brought me, is a kind of a drawback. Whenever I need to text somebody (hardly ever, since I only use my phone about once per month) I make myself text the who message using perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation, often making me go beyond the character limit. Another drawback is that I cannot send anyone an instant message using Windows Live Messenger without making my messeges correct in terms of spelling and grammar, making the person on the other line very bored, waiting to see what I've been writing.

I think I may have 'wording OCD' or something.
It's not a drawback, I do the same thing. A lot of the "ladies" like that sort of thing when you get older.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #100

Quote:
So why the change of heart? You had some vile things to say about me.
Again, you have grown on me. So long as we don't talk about politics

No, really, I take all that back.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #101
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

A thread that needs a bump of late

Last edited by furryforest; 05-12-2010 at 03:21 PM.
furryforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #102
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
A thread that need a bump of late
Haha, just a tad late 13 months or so.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #103
sba757 was here too :)

Kris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dog

Quote:
I am one now where is my time out!

sba757 was here =D
Kris Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #104
RJ Captain

God knows why I am looking back on this thread, but my spelling and grammar wasn't entirely great over a year ago, looking on my comments, they just look laaaaame, by the way that wasn't a spelling error Some people are sooo pedantic.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #105
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudishdanny View Post
God knows why I am looking back on this thread, but my spelling and grammar wasn't entirely great over a year ago, looking on my comments, they just look laaaaame, by the way that wasn't a spelling error Some people are sooo pedantic.
Is English your mother tongue? In the age of the intarwebz, many people from all over the world are looking on message boards. Some are using them to hone their own English skills, some might be prospective employers (not likely on this board, but certain others it's quite plausible). Therefore, as a native speaker, the impetus is on you to prevent anyone, be it yourself or someone just learning the language, from making themselves look like a complete idiot in public.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: