Spelling and grammar - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #76
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Re: Spelling and grammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Yeah! He's sorta like fungus, ain't he?
My feelings are hurt now.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #77

LAX-777 is flying under the radar

I didn't mean it at all like that.

Fungus is different. In this case, Cap' growing on me is a good thing. Fungus? No. No, it is not a good thing at all.
LAX-777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #78
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-777 View Post
I didn't mean it at all like that.

Fungus is different. In this case, Cap' growing on me is a good thing. Fungus? No. No, it is not a good thing at all.
Some fungus is good. Mushrooms and cheese are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
Hey Captain Wahoo.. Why has he earned your respect? I mean I am just curious.
Probably something he did. Maybe cause he is 15 and is making this forum more livable by correcting you in a respectful manner. Hopefully everyone learned something from him. That's good. Nothing against you.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #79
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
Hey Captain Wahoo.. Why has he earned your respect? I mean I am just curious.
Yup, and he even has a good amount of respect nowdays from me. Let me tell ya something, when he started out here, he wasn't the most loved person on the forum, but things changed a bit, he listened to us when it came to how to post and he is climbing in terms of how many members respect him. Don't think when we get agressive we are trying to make life harder for you, we're just showing you the ways of the forum.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #80
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Yup, and he even has a good amount of respect nowdays from me. Let me tell ya something, when he started out here, he wasn't the most loved person on the forum, but things changed a bit, he listened to us when it came to how to post and he is climbing in terms of how many members respect him. Don't think when we get agressive we are trying to make life harder for you, we're just showing you the ways of the forum.
Amen brother. Hey wait, were you talking about me?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #81
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Amen brother. Hey wait, were you talking about me?
I actually was talking about rapleylikeba, but you're also in my respect list too!
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #82
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
I actually was talking about rapleylikeba, but you're also in my respect list too!
Oh good! You've always been on my list. Actually you're on my favorite Polish Person list. You're the only one on there. That's because you tell me about good Polish stores in Chicago.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #83
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

I've earned your respect? I feel so happy! I still felt like an outsider to everyone, with little scars of my past here and still trying to fit in. I am very happy that I have been noticed to have improved. I hope, that maybe in 3 or 4 years, I can be classified as one of you guys.
Thanks.

I guess that one of the reasons for my good spelling and grammar skills is because my father is an English tutor. He always used to correct me whenever I say something incorrectly. All of these corrections, plus the addition of his guidence over me for the last decade have helped me to achieve... well... good spelling and grammar skills I suppose?

Thanks to my father's help, I managed to achieve two A grades for my English GCSE mock exam. My goal for when I'm in year 11 is to achieve an A*!

Another thing that my spelling and grammar has brought me, is a kind of a drawback. Whenever I need to text somebody (hardly ever, since I only use my phone about once per month) I make myself text the who message using perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation, often making me go beyond the character limit. Another drawback is that I cannot send anyone an instant message using Windows Live Messenger without making my messeges correct in terms of spelling and grammar, making the person on the other line very bored, waiting to see what I've been writing.

I think I may have 'wording OCD' or something.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #84
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Well done rapleylikeba! I have only got to get another 7500 to get were Capt Wahoo is. Yipee (NOT)!

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #85
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Guys

At the risk of sounding like a teacher, Iíve noticed lately that the spelling and grammar has taken a nosedive.

In times gone by, the senior members used to guide us new members in this seemingly trivial matter, but to be honest here on W900 it would be a 24/7 job nowadays!!!

Whilst no one expects any poster to agonize over the spelling and grammar to make their post perfect, some posts lately make little or no sense and would need MI6 to decipher them.

There are some posters who have English as their primary language and really have no excuse for the state their posts are in. This is not text messaging or IMing.

I'm aware that for some members, English is not their primary language and I applaud you, for embarrassingly I have no command over a second language and as time goes on you will pick up the weird and wonderful language that is English!!!

Some members may not be aware but just above and to the right of the box where you post you will see this button:

This is the spell checker. Use it and I suspect you will see a dramatic improvement in your posts.

Some of the most basic mistakes Iíve noticed are:
They're/there/their
To/too/two
Its/it's
Where/were.

This little link nicely explains some of the differences

Spelling and grammar will serve you well in life. Like many other people on here, regardless of the job you are in, you will no doubt be required to write reports. Poor spelling and grammar detracts from what could be great content. I know we all have some great contributions to make to the site and I would feel disappointed if the high quality of my post was missed due to poor spelling and grammar.

Finally THIS IS NOT A NAME AND SHAME POST so please respect that.

Thanks for reading and I hope you get something out of this post.

P.S. Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes

Yes... I totally agree with you, but I am careful enough (ish) with my spelling, and I am sure that some other people do NOT want to download that spellchacker crap onto the PC! People should just educate themselves better. LOL

For Sale | My Collection
Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #86
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Well done rapleylikeba! I have only got to get another 7500 to get were Capt Wahoo is. Yipee (NOT)!
Huh? Captain Wahoo got his respect by being likeable and interesting (not forgetting funny), not by posting 7500 posts.

I'd never expect to become as popular as the great Captain Wahoo, but to be accepted as a senior member in a few years would make me quite happy.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #87
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
Huh? Captain Wahoo got his respect by being likeable and interesting (not forgetting funny), not by posting 7500 posts.

I'd never expect to become as popular as the great Captain Wahoo, but to be accepted as a senior member in a few years would make me quite happy.
I suppose... but experience does play a huge part, and to be frank; I have only be collecting since Christmas 2007, and I still hold only a little knowledge about collecting.

For Sale | My Collection
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #88
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
I suppose... but experience does play a huge part, and to be frank; I have only be collecting since Christmas 2007, and I still hold only a little knowledge about collecting.
Of course experience plays a large part. People on Wings900 and DA.C teach me new things all the time. I only started collecting in November 2007 but you wouldn't believe how much I've learned from the posts on Wings900 in the last year, whether it was about planes, airlines, model manufacturers, airports.

Wings900 is the place I go to if I want to know "the news" for the day. Wings900 and DA.C are my news channels (well OK, BBC news 24, going on in the background) and if I miss a day of Wings900, I may have missed something interesting, funny or something I just wanted to know.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #89
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Let's see a couple kiddies got put on time out, we'll see if that calms the storm a bit.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #90
Second Officer

Dylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Let's see a couple kiddies got put on time out, we'll see if that calms the storm a bit.
Thanks god Michael!
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: