Spelling and grammar - Page 13 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #181
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Spelling and grammar

I have a German friend at work who said to me: If you can speak three languages, you are trilingual. If you can speak two languages, you are are bilingual. If you speak one language, you are English.

I'm not going to be hyper-critical of those who write in English when it isn't there first language, but I'm afraid I can't say the same for English speakers; they ought to know better than to shrug it off as 'I'm typing fast and don't check before hitting Submit' or 'It looks semi-legible, so it'll do.'

Sort it out guys.

On a lighter note, we are human and are not perfect (including myself ), but spending time before submitting a thread/post can save so much of this tit-for-tat bickering.

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #182
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I dated a Yorkshire lass for a year and a half. Quite a combination-Yorkshire and Ulster accents!
Lol,ever been out with a Glaswegian lass furry?....

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 01-04-2012 at 03:46 PM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #183
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Lol,ever been out with a glaswegian lass furry?....
Even i'm not that brave! I nearly kissed a Glaswegian girl once and her brother tried to headbutt me for my efforts!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #184
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Even i'm not that brave! I nearly kissed a Glaswegian girl once and her brother tried to headbutt me for my efforts!
Just a guess,but was it something like...Och ey,ya think ye goin' oot wi' mi sis eh?...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #185
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

It was worse-no warning just 'that walk' where you know someone is about to nut you
Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #186
RJ Second Officer

Cygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
On a lighter note, we are human and are not perfect (including myself ), but spending time before submitting a thread/post can save so much of this tit-for-tat bickering.
Indeed, you are not perfect.

Quote:
I'm not going to be hyper-critical of those who write in English when it isn't there first language, but I'm afraid I can't say the same for English speakers; they ought to know better than to shrug it off as 'I'm typing fast and don't check before hitting Submit' or 'It looks semi-legible, so it'll do.'

Cygnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #187
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnum View Post
Indeed, you are not perfect.
And you have it. I don't profess to be perfect.

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #188
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I have another typical "way of saying" during a hard work:
- "i'm not changing light bulbs to the fireflies"...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #189
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

I think the spelling here is generally on a very high level. Ive seen so many German messsage boards and the spelling there can be really really horrible, especially (but not only) when young users are posting. I believe they are so used to SMS cellphone texting that they cannot write a complete error-free sentence, or they have no desire to do so.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: