Spelling and grammar - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #136
RJ Captain

garuda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciated
Re: Spelling and grammar

I must applaud you on a most professional post mr forest, the smelling and hammer around here has gone to the dogs.

Lets not let any bad smelling mistakes damage our wonderful forum playground, it wid most definetly upset the balance of the universe if it was to get way out of control.

Perhaps insteed of being picky on members smelling and hammer we kid just concentrate more on the qality a thread we bring to the forum, or perhaps to help the moderators we kid just git some smelling police, police dogs perhaps as that is where this thread is right now.
garuda747400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #137
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Me thinks this thread needs to be looked upon by a few members.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #138
First Officer

FrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast icon

Eye don't sea wat your taking about..
FrenchWings06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #139
RJ Second Officer

Cygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciated

'Aye' and 'Arrr'!

Cygnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #140
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchWings06 View Post
Eye don't sea wat your taking about..
Tipecal you splt dont rong....
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #141
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Tipecal you splt dont rong....
H3 oslo spelded abuot rong
Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #142
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
H3 oslo spelded abuot rong
I thnk yu dib aswel?...abowt! ....
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #143
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Ai ntount hav eni spelin promplems!!!
Ai em purfekt
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #144
Förum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Ai ntount hav eni spelin promplems!!!
Ai em purfekt
ai frdkn uo mreun ari res teh burst?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #145
First Officer

FrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast icon

What have I started???
FrenchWings06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #146
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Me thinks this thread needs to be looked upon by a few members.
i dont no i think that most members have know problem with there spelling or grammar as a hole
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #147
Senior Captain

Chrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributor

There are a few different types of mis-spellers on here:
-non-English users: it can be expected that they will make errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling since they don't know better; reading other posts (from supposed English users) makes for great learning
-too-fast-typers: typing too quickly leads to occasional spelling errors or missed keystrokes; try proof-reading your posts before hitting the reply button
-lazy posters: the vast majority of English errors are committed by those who just don't give a ratazz - you know the type, they admit they have spelling problems and they're in high school or later... I say to you: spend more time learning written English and less time making useless and meaningless posts (there's also a spell-checking tool to the upper right of the reply box, how about using it - or a word processor - instead of making up excuses for your laziness and voluntary stupidity?)
-the twits: NUF SED - go twit somewhere else. This is a forum and it's not limited to 140 characters, use your brain for something besides seeing how much of a nitwit you are... like learning the basics of the written English language

I won't criticize the grammar and syntax used on here (or total lack thereof in some cases)... even I regularly make gaffs that would leave an English purist cringing.
Chrisvalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #148
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
ai frdkn uo mreun ari res teh burst?
You're speakin like the SWEDISH CHEF on Muppet Show! hahahahaha
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #149
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvalla View Post
There are a few different types of mis-spellers on here:
-non-English users: it can be expected that they will make errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling since they don't know better; reading other posts (from supposed English users) makes for great learning
-too-fast-typers: typing too quickly leads to occasional spelling errors or missed keystrokes; try proof-reading your posts before hitting the reply button
-lazy posters: the vast majority of English errors are committed by those who just don't give a ratazz - you know the type, they admit they have spelling problems and they're in high school or later... I say to you: spend more time learning written English and less time making useless and meaningless posts (there's also a spell-checking tool to the upper right of the reply box, how about using it - or a word processor - instead of making up excuses for your laziness and voluntary stupidity?)
-the twits: NUF SED - go twit somewhere else. This is a forum and it's not limited to 140 characters, use your brain for something besides seeing how much of a nitwit you are... like learning the basics of the written English language

I won't criticize the grammar and syntax used on here (or total lack thereof in some cases)... even I regularly make gaffs that would leave an English purist cringing.
Agree totally. I think partly too that the school system doesn't do their job either. I am not an ace at English, however, when I got my airline job if I misspelled words on my application I would not have had an airline job. The words you choose and the way you portray those thoughts show your intelligence. Most times I find that some of the youngins are not scrutinized for their spelling like I was in school.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #150
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
"English" class now a days is not your average english class. Telling you how to spell and crap.
That's exactly the point we've been making; of course, reading comprehension isn't taught anymore either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
My english class, ahem, Laungage Arts class teaches us about writing a 15 page paper, reading books. Not teaching you how to spell. That's first grade now where you basicly learn a whole new laungage.
Unless you know how to spell in the first place, NOTHING else you learn will be of any value whatsoever. The whole point to reading those books should be things like learning sentence structure.

What's a "laungage" by the way? Is that like a rain gauge or something?
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: