Conviasa to buy two Il-96-300 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
RJ Second Officer

Amirbatna is getting startedAmirbatna is getting startedAmirbatna is getting startedAmirbatna is getting startedAmirbatna is getting startedAmirbatna is getting started
Conviasa to buy two Il-96-300

Don't bash if you already knew

They will be delivered at the end of 2009.

Lenta.ru: Бизнес: Венесуэла купит у России самолеты Ил-96-300 (it's in russian )

Herpa has mould. I wonder if Herpa has rights.

It would make a great model!
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor
Re: Conviasa to buy two Il-96-300

This surprises me a little bit. But maybe we see more russian aircrafts in "western" skies...
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

considering Conviasa is from Venezuela it is not very surprising for me. It's a pure political deal from Chavez.
Good for Ilyushin, they can build another two aircraft ...
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
1:400 & 1:200 Collector

DeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributorDeltaFlyte is a good contributor

Does anyone know if the IL-96-300 has an Operating Certificate by the FAA? Without it, you won't see them operating this aircraft anywhere in U.S. airspace regardless of what airline flies it. Aside from that, President Chavez won't buy anything made in the U.S.A. regardless of quality and performance based upon his hatred and contempt for the U.S. Government. Keep in mind that Conviasa codeshares with Iran Air and Syrianair; and that the 2 IL-96-300's will be used for flights from Caracas, Venezuela to Damascus, Syria and Tehran, Iran (If not non-stop, probably one-stop via Madrid, Spain).
DeltaFlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

Delta-

I did a quick Google search, and here is what I came up with, in regardes to your question.

The IL-96T, which is the cargo verison, has a FAA Cert. Here is the Link Click Here

I could not find anything about the passenger planes, But seeing it took them 5 years to get it right, I dout the FAA will let the passenger verison be cert'ed
Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Not to mention, I hear that there is also a cost to cert the aircraft, and since IL possibly sees no market for their product in the US, they possibly don't want to burden themselves with the costs.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: