Who will win the next european football championship? - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #46
Second Officer

MarioAir is flying under the radar
Re: Who will win the next european football championship?

Yeah, you can say that again. Being a ref isn't an easy thing to do in soccer, even if you're a side judge with all the offsides calls. But it's over now and all you can do is look forward and hopefully Italy can beat Romania.

In other news, the Swiss are eliminated as the Turks win 2-1 in a come from behind win on a rainy night. Therefore, Portugal has now qualified and the winner of Turkey and the Czech Republic will qualify as well. If they tie, I don't know what happens . . .

MarioAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #47
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioAir View Post
Yeah, you can say that again. Being a ref isn't an easy thing to do in soccer, even if you're a side judge with all the offsides calls. But it's over now and all you can do is look forward and hopefully Italy can beat Romania.

In other news, the Swiss are eliminated as the Turks win 2-1 in a come from behind win on a rainy night. Therefore, Portugal has now qualified and the winner of Turkey and the Czech Republic will qualify as well. If they tie, I don't know what happens . . .
yeah...Switzerland sadly eliminated ... but that's sport... not all teams can qualify
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #48
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Van Nisteroy was onside.

The new rules state that, even though the player was off the field of play, he was still active as the game had not been stopped so he could receive treatment, therefore he was playing Van Nistleroy onside.

Outcome = A goal that was correctly given.
I don't agree with you: an ACTIVE player even if off the field of play can be considered the last player, a broken one, as Panucci was in that moment can not be considered the last player so the goal has been made by a player in offside.
This is my point of view and also what tell the rules, by the way it's not an excuse for the final result: the best team won 3-0.
Fingers crossed for this evening, I hope to see Italy to play as they can play...

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #49
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
a broken one, as Panucci was in that moment can not be considered the last player
I think the rule does not differentiate between an injured player and a healthy one. How should the referees tell if he's injured or just pretends to place the striker offside? Pretending to be injured is seen too often already.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #50
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
yeah...Switzerland sadly eliminated ... but that's sport... not all teams can qualify
Exactly! When I look at my country...
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #51
RJ First Officer

bounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributorbounce8 is a good contributor

Netherlands vs. France is another must watch match. If only they showed Euro matches here.. Filipinos have a microscopic love for football.
bounce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #52
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
I think the rule does not differentiate between an injured player and a healthy one. How should the referees tell if he's injured or just pretends to place the striker offside? Pretending to be injured is seen too often already.
Well, he was just tackled to the ground (basicly) by his own goaltender. Plus, if he was totally healthy, in that situation he should have come back and defend the goal that might not have been scored.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #53
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
I think you're wrong. The new rules speak about a player who's off the line but still partecipating in the play. A similar situation happened in the Roma-Fiorentina match and, in this case, even if a new rule, the situation has been quite clear.
If a player is off the line sitted on the ground how can be considered a valid player? I agree with you about false injured, they're the dark side of football players: I hate them!
Time will tell about Italia's destiny in this europen competition (2 hours...).

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #54
Second Officer

What an entertaining game. Buffon is amazing -- 'nuff said about him. The refs have really ruined the tournament for Italy. Toni's header in the end of the 1st half was a goal, and the penalty kick, if it had gone in -- well, it would have been a disaster. Italy should have won 2-1. Now that they've tied, they are still last but they will be tied for last if the Dutch hang on to their 1-0 lead.

If the Dutch win, they advance.

If the Dutch tied or beat Romania next game, and the Italians beat France than the Italians move on. I think . . .

Old 06-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #55
First Officer

Vuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting started

I haven't been watching the games much but I just finished watching Spain vs. Sweden. I have to say the defense by both teams was outstanding and while Spain scored a point Sweden came back and scored a point tying the game until the last minute when David Villa scored a goal for Spain!

Spain 2 - 1 Sweden.

Vuele Vueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #56
Second Officer

Yeah, David Villa is having an outstanding tournament: 4 goals in 2 games. Now that Russia beat Greece 1-0, I think Sweden and Russia are tied for 2nd. Whomever wins the next match moves on, hopefully it is Sweden.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #57
likes it under the radar

sanverm is flying under the radarsanverm is flying under the radar

I know it is a few days ago already, but:

Holland - France 4-1 !!!

Very strange game, I expected the French to score more goals. It wasn't a one-sided game at all. The French were very dangerous. Don't really understand why "we" won by this score....
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #58
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Two great games coming up . Austria V Germany ( Prediction a Draw ).
France V Italy. ( Prediction..... France 3-1...).
Yes a very big call since both my brother in laws are Italian. France played well and created chances the other night and just can't see them missing again.
Whatever the outcome it will be the game to see. Good luck to all .
Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #59
Second Officer

Does the winner of Austria - Germany move on and the loser eliminated?? I know that is the case for Italy - France. Predictions . . . Austria 1 - 2 Germany and Italy 2 - 2 France

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #60
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilsw6 View Post
Two great games coming up . Austria V Germany ( Prediction a Draw ).
France V Italy. ( Prediction..... France 3-1...).
Yes a very big call since both my brother in laws are Italian. France played well and created chances the other night and just can't see them missing again.
Whatever the outcome it will be the game to see. Good luck to all .
Well well...what can I say....
Yes the brother in law saw this and had a big laugh at yours truly...
My pick now for Euro 2008 is.......no way am I saying anything again..
Boys..have a good tournament and I WILL be watching. Again good luck to all and, NO I won't be predicting anything,... but me getting it wrong.....AGAIN .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: