Who will win the next european football championship? - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #31
First Officer

Archipelago is flying under the radar
Re: Who will win the next european football championship?

That's absolutely the best game 'de oranje' have ever played in the past 8 years! Never thought they would win with 3 goals margin from Italy! Glad to see Van Basten didn't repeat his 'strategy' by putting Van Nistelrooy on the bench just like two years ago in the last World Cup when meeting Portugal in the knock-out phase!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #32
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

The Packers will win.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #33
likes it under the radar

sanverm is flying under the radarsanverm is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
But losing against the Netherlands is very embarrassingly!
Don't agree...The Netherlands played really well, losing from them when they play like this is no shame.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
Second Officer

MarioAir is flying under the radar

Plus, Italy has to lose sometime against the Dutch. They haven't lost to them since I think 1978.

MarioAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #35
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioAir View Post
Plus, Italy has to lose sometime against the Dutch. They haven't lost to them since I think 1978.
yes last time was 1978.... where the Netherlands beat Italy 2-1-..... there was that known goal Arie Haan scored from almost 40 meters
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #36
Second Officer

Spain looked very impressive today. Hat trick from Villa and their offense looks great. However, they were playing Russia who aren't exatcly a "powerhouse." If Spain defeats Sweden (who won 2-0 with Ibrohimavic's great game-winning goal), then I can see them winning it all.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #37
First Officer

Vuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting started

I'm all for Espaņa!

4 -1 Russia... Mmmmm

Vuele Vueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #38
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
I thought that first goal was offside, but later a refere explained on TV that according to new FIFA rules that goal is also correct
I just asked my dad about it and he said that even with the new FIFA rules, the goal should not have counted. If the player not on the field was trying to be sneaky or just stepping outside the boundry for the heck of it (which can result in a yellow card), then no offsides is called. But if the player was injured, as Punucci was, the referee is supposed to give the injured player permision to step outside of the field of play. If the ref actually did what he was supposed to do, the player would have therefore been offsides and the goal doesn't count. The score is then 0-0, changing the outcome of the rest of the game as all momentum for the Dutch is lost.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 AM   #39
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Quote:
I just asked my dad about it and he said that even with the new FIFA rules, the goal should not have counted. If the player not on the field was trying to be sneaky or just stepping outside the boundry for the heck of it (which can result in a yellow card), then no offsides is called. But if the player was injured, as Punucci was, the referee is supposed to give the injured player permision to step outside of the field of play. If the ref actually did what he was supposed to do, the player would have therefore been offsides and the goal doesn't count. The score is then 0-0, changing the outcome of the rest of the game as all momentum for the Dutch is lost.
well, on German and Swiss TV several official FIFA refs like URS Meier confirm that the goal was correct... the question is also when the injury exactly happened(as far as it wasn't a trick, since lot of players often pretend to be injured) , specially since it was a 100% goal chance ......but of course in this story I'm sure once you are fan of a team, it will be very hard to stay neutral....the rule is not very known and even lot of coaches said they didn't know about it, but it is an official rule to prevent players of runing out of field to create an offside... and I think by judging of both team's performance the result was absolutly deserved, since Netherlands played a great game and Italians were themselves responsible for the result, the italian defence was very bad organized(which quite surprised me, since usually Italians are great in defending)

Last edited by aligator; 06-11-2008 at 05:48 AM.
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #40
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuele Vueling View Post
I'm all for Espaņa!

4 -1 Russia... Mmmmm
I'm rooting for Spain as well-especially as i have a little bet on them with 6:1 odds
Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #41
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

Noone kicks the football like the ONE; ZLATAN, ZLATAN.
Greece- 3point
Spain -
Russia -

SWEDEN!!!
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #42
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

And please Herpa (or someone else) I really want this one in 1/500...
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #43
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Italy must win against Romania and France to advance in my opinion. Also, what FIFA rules say that is not offsides? The guy who was on the ground wasn't on the field of play, therefore barring him from the offsides rule.

At least I have Netherlands and Sweden in my pool, so my home country falling isn't as bad as it could have been.

Van Nisteroy was onside.

The new rules state that, even though the player was off the field of play, he was still active as the game had not been stopped so he could receive treatment, therefore he was playing Van Nistleroy onside.

Outcome = A goal that was correctly given.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #44
Second Officer

I think if Italy would have cleared the ball, then play would have been stopped or permission to the injured player would have been given. Of course, my dad's explination may be a bit biased as he and I are both Italy fans.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
I think if Italy would have cleared the ball, then play would have been stopped or permission to the injured player would have been given. Of course, my dad's explination may be a bit biased as he and I are both Italy fans.
Had the ball gone out or the referee deemed it important enough to stop the game whilst the player was still on the field then the situation would have been different.

Had the ball gone out and the player was off the field of play then i'm sure it would have been given offside since the ref would have noted that there were only 10 outfield players rather than 11, and therefore it could very well have been different, once again.

It's the fact that the player went off on his own accord, he was still active, because the ball hadn't gone out, nor had he been given permission.

The new rules are very complicated.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: