Herge's Adventures of Tintin- Flight 714 to Sydney- Qantas 707 V-Jet - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor
Herge's Adventures of Tintin- Flight 714 to Sydney- Qantas 707 V-Jet

When Herge wrote and drew "Flight 714", his drawing of a Qantas Boeing 707 is really presice. he's amazing isn't he, sad he died of illness.
Flight 714 was published in 1968.

Last edited by rapleylikeba; 06-02-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: More info
rapleylikeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor
Re: Herge's Adventures of Tintin- Flight 714 to Sydney- Qantas 707 V-Jet

Damn! No-one's interested in this thread!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Swisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting started

You are right (about the Qantas livery). He also used precise drawings of the 'in' motor cars that he depicted in the adventures. I love this strip and now have been able to buy the entire set of his works and my son & I read it with equal interest.
Swisshansa10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Lurker

The last page.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisshansa10 View Post
You are right (about the Qantas livery). He also used precise drawings of the 'in' motor cars that he depicted in the adventures. I love this strip and now have been able to buy the entire set of his works and my son & I read it with equal interest.
Everyone loves Herge's Adventures of TinTin! Thanks for replying
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
Damn! No-one's interested in this thread!
Of course it's of interest! Don't worry! We love every thread (if it's serious) with airliner contents!
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
Of course it's of interest! Don't worry! We love every thread (if it's serious) with airliner contents!
YAY! Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
Master of the Cougar Arts

cc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributorcc2506 is a good contributor

I have read all the Tintin books growing up, this is really cool. its been years since I read one, maybe time to refresh myself with them. Thanks for pointing this out, its a great drawing
cc2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Lurker

A list of the TinTin books I have from this date:

No particular order
-Prisoners of the Sun
-TinTin in Tibet
-The Blue Lotus
-The Crabs With the Golden Claws
-Flight 714 to Sydney
-TinTin in America
-The Seven Crystal balls
-The Calculus Affair
-The Secret of the Unicorn
-Red Rackham's Treasure
-Destination Moon
-Explorers on the Moon
-King Ottokar's Sceptre
-The Land of the Soviets in French- Au Pays Des Soviets
-TinTin in Congo in French- TinTin au Congo
-The Shooting Star in French- L'Etoile Mysterieuse

Sorry for missing out accents in French.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
RJ Captain

thrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting started

Don't worry about the accents, these books are classics, I believe that a Canadian company has the rights to make then into dvd's but that was a while back sometimes you can still get it on TV here in Oz
thrifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Fly Ever Higher

NathanaelOctavianus is flying under the radar

Wow...Behind That Qantas, That's Garuda Indonesia Convair 990 with Earlier livery Plus This is Old Kemayoran Airport
NathanaelOctavianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #12

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Nice!! I mostly only ever read the Astrix and Oblex books though.
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

Really cool artwork!
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #14
Fly Ever Higher

NathanaelOctavianus is flying under the radar

This is Comic Right ?
3. Airbus A330-200 (20 Orders *issued*)
4. Boeing 787-8 (10 Orders *Not Signed Yet*)

Garuda Airline get 4 Star from Skytrax

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/GA.htm

http://www.garuda-indonesia.com/
NathanaelOctavianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #15
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

tintin was my favourite comic book, when I was a child, I had all the books, but later my parents gave them to my cousin, when I got older......

aligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: