The Danger of Farm Fire's - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog
The Danger of Farm Fire's

Farm fire's dont happen that often, But when they do happen, a lot more things can go up in flames than what is acutally the thing its self. A little Story of what happend today at my dads work.
Today, I was helping out at my Dad's work, a 2,500+ Acre farm, Me and my dad where combining the wheat, when my dad gets a phone call, The Hay Baler, which was making straw bales, had gone up in flames. My Dad told the driver to keep calm, and un-hitch the baler. My Dad then puts down the phone, and rings up another worker, asking them to go sort out the fire. The Worker went straight up to the straw field. As you probaly know straw can burn easily, and you probaly can guess what happend next, half of the corn field, was burning up, Around 6-7 Straw Bales burned. While this was happening, the hay baler had not been un-hitched from the Tractor, And the Baler and Tractor was bolted together due to problems with the hitch, So a team of 3 Sped up to the burning corn field from the farm-yard, We then called the Cowbridge fire service. We un-hitched the tractor, and if another 5 minutes had passed, we would of lossed the tractor.
By the time the fire service got here the Field was away, Everybody started rolling the bales away from the fire. We lost our hay baler, Our Tractor was saved, and part of one of our straw fields burned.
I hope this post has helped you understand farm fire's.
Thanks
Arran

Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Second Officer

TheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting started
Re: The Danger of Farm Fire's

That's a story from real life.
I actually thought things like that only happen in ferry tails, or shall I say horror movies.
It's good you kept a calm and accurate mind and acted apropriately.

Jonathan
Your Globe - Our Expertise.
TheCreater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: