Whatever happened to the veterans? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Unhappy Whatever happened to the veterans?

What happened to the veterans here on this forum? I feel I am one of a few that are left. No Kevin, Emil, Darren, D'Andre, 27L and the list goes on. Has this forum about our collecting fetish become a place for 13 and 14 year old kids to come on and make senseless one-liner posts now and Boeing Vs Airbus and United Vs American threads? Things have hit a serious lull and my friends here are disappearing. Bring back my Wings900 of a few years ago.

We need some interesting topics again, interesting releases, fun and banter.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
Re: Whatever happened to the veterans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
What happened to the veterans here on this forum? I feel I am one of a few that are left. No Kevin, Emil, Darren, D'Andre, 27L and the list goes on. Has this forum about our collecting fetish become a place for 13 and 14 year old kids to come on and make senseless one-liner posts now and Boeing Vs Airbus and United Vs American threads? Things have hit a serious lull and my friends here are disappearing. Bring back my Wings900 of a few years ago.

We need some interesting topics again, interesting releases, fun and banter.
I second this motion. I actually have talked with a couple of these vets and they left because of carelessness of keeping the forum as it once was. Some will come back but only if it changes from this one lined post forum for everyone that cares only about the post count and not about the quality of the posts.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 04-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
First Officer

Jumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciated

For me lately with moving and a new job haven't had that much time. Also just really have gotten my computer back up and running after the nasty virus it caught 2 weeks ago.

Mark

Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Aircraft Technician

CcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
I second this motion. I actually have talked with a couple of these vets and they left because of carelessness of keeping the forum as it once was. Some will come back but only if it changes from this one lined post forum for everyone that cares only about the post count and not about the quality of the posts.
Yeah some of the posts were very silly and ones which I don't care like the ones asking of shop in cities and different countries. I think my posts matter in the DACF one like the ones I talk about the model releases. Somehow this forum is beginning to loose its luster. They will come back but it will take time.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
RJ Captain

cyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radar

Here we go again
Old 04-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #6

airflorid54 is a poor contributorairflorid54 is a poor contributor

again i will say i am sorry for the boeing vs airbus
Old 04-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airflorid54 View Post
again i will say i am sorry for the boeing vs airbus
Its not just that... Its the fact that you don't read other peoples posts. You don't ask any good questions, and you just don't pay attention... Post count doesn't matter to us. What matters is the that you and other members make quality posts... and yes you can every once in a while add a quick one line funny. One last thing is that you never change! We try to give you advice but you don't listen. You don't get that we would respect you a whole lot more if you just posted things that actually mattered and people might actually care about. Ok do you get it this time?!?!?!?!

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

jfv93 is flying under the radar

I absolutely agree with Wahoo on this one. I remember joining two years ago and entering a world of avid collectors and model airport makers. Now it is full of people who just want to increase their post count. I really do miss the days when you could have a true conversation here without getting flooded with responses from people like these. I hope I am wrong in saying that this past can not be brought back. I know that I joined in 2006 and the people who I am talking about came in 2000-2003 with the exception of Emil, however, I do miss those days back then.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
RJ Captain

cyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radar

Stupid one-liners happen to be much less annoying than a 10 to 15 line lecture from grumpy so called "veterans"

I won't do it, but I think someone should create an anonymous poll asking this:

Who has been more annoying recently, the young teenage brats who ask stupid questions or the grumpy "veterans" who can't seem to function properly when they see a post they don't like?

I vote for the latter and I think many other members agree.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

What about a section for the vets for the likes of Emil, Wahoo, Doc, 27L, etc and to get in, you need to be personally invited or a son of a vet.

Last edited by Chard; 04-23-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #11
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Vets? About the only one of those is 27L if you don't remember what the "dark side" was all about, then you're not really a vet. There are a certain handful of members (I'm not going to name names) that think they are deserving of more then the standard member, and that is complete bs. On top of that there are certain members of this "elitist" sect that have been personally attacking other members and that in itself won't be tolerated because they themselves should look in the mirror to see where they started at way back when. For the most part people get lives away from the forums at least that is the eventual goal, because in the end there is more to this world then little toy airplanes.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #12
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

Perhaps there are too many model aircraft collector forums and they have migrated to DAC or 400sh, where you get much more mature and positive input - much more fun as well!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #13
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

After reading this thread this afternoon I was quite surprised. After reading further posts to this thread I was even more surprised. Yes I am new to this forum and I don't even pretend to understand what this site was like during it's infancy. What I do feel is that there is a great deal of the ' them and us ' going on. I see a number of more senior members ( date joined) having their say to this thread. What I also see is very little contribution as far as SOME of their post counts go. Easy to sit on the fence sometimes and just put your two pence worth in when it suits. If at the first moment these members saw that this forum was taking a turn for the worse why wasn't it corrected then and there. As far as making a contribution to new threads and ideas I think that there are a number of members who are seemingly embarrased to put there hands up in fear of having the p*ss taken out of them. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT PREVIOUS POSTS? THATS BEEN DONE BEFORE!!! ETC.
This IS a great site. Thats why I put my hand in my pocket. Yes there are some problems with some of the posts and some VERY junior members but surely these can be taken care of.
I don't care what anyone says. This is a good site. It has good members.
We can't bring back the past....with any parts of our lives. We move on to find new members and friends. Just as we do in the real world.
Good luck to wings900 and all its members. I for one would like to be here for a long time and enjoy what we all do and have. A LOVE AND A PASSION FOR THIS HOBBY. Phew........

coilsw6....Colin.

P.S. Are there any ideas about getting some shirts done up, that we can wear when we travel, so that mabye other members may spot one another.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
LAX
Captain

LAX is getting startedLAX is getting startedLAX is getting startedLAX is getting startedLAX is getting startedLAX is getting startedLAX is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhupilot View Post
Stupid one-liners happen to be much less annoying than a 10 to 15 line lecture from grumpy so called "veterans"

I won't do it, but I think someone should create an anonymous poll asking this:

Who has been more annoying recently, the young teenage brats who ask stupid questions or the grumpy "veterans" who can't seem to function properly when they see a post they don't like?

I vote for the latter and I think many other members agree.
Put my vote down for the "young teenage brats who ask stupid questions"
They have detracted this site from what it once was.

Lax
Old 04-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
Royal Bruneian

V8-KMN is flying under the radarV8-KMN is flying under the radar

Surely not all young members on this forum are 'YOUNG TEENAGE BRATS WHO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS' - this is pure stereotyping. The fact is that some new younger members tend to treat this forum as if they were the only ones using it - they duplicate posts to get attention; post one-liners; and post selfish, unnecessary contents which does not require the attention of others (e.g. 'I wud like one too' and 'Nice model'). But then again, other senior members tend to do the same every now and then, and yet they seem to get away with it!

Royal Brunei Airlines & HMSF Brunei collector
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: