Whatever happened to the veterans? - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #91
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Re: Whatever happened to the veterans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusIndustrie View Post
Im all for people having interesting topics etc but commenting on people making one liners etc doesnt exactly make new members feel welcome,in some topics one liners are all thats needed,especially topics regarding new releases and model airports etc. Also some people who have just joined may not feel that confident to comment in detail for fear of being put down for what they have said
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
I think you may be a tad confused, it's not really all one liners, but more specifically pointless one liners or one liners that are barely readable to anyone who reads english, at least the version I was thought at school, though through a friend at a LAN party, I found out that some schools are beginning to teach kids all that AOL'r crap and Leet, I hope it doesn't catch on . Most of us are not asking to sound like a 18th/19th century Englishman, just capable of being understood by most members.

I'd rather see detail than a one liner though, as would most that I know around here, not too much worries for that, we all make mistakes and get corrected by others, it's just part of being a human I guess. They shouldn't be really put down unless they said something that was really out of line or just plain uncalled for.
There are a number of things that go without saying. There's absolutely no reason for someone to need to say "I agree!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!!!" or "me too!!!!" in response to every post. If you agree with someone, that's fine; there's no need to post your agreement unless you have something to expand on it with (e.g. I like it because...)

As has been mentioned many a time before, just because you read a post, there's no reason you have to post to tell everyone you did so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 03:41 AM   #92
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
Ha! Serves me right! It's funny how the poll never came up on the site
And just to ask, if the poll did take place, who would be the second pain in the arse? The thrord? The fourth? The fifth? The sixth? The seventh..... the 568th? The 569th? The 570th? The 571st?...
I know personally that I would be ranking right behind you. Before you I was #1!

And damn proud of it!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #93

want a airport is flying under the radar

I rarely come here much any more, same with DA.C. Yes there are a few really great people, but I have seen that dwindle down over the years. I have been a member since right about the time the Diecast Central web forums went under ( If anyone still rembers them). Anyway sometimes I do come back to see If any of the guys from the past are still around. Glad to see you still put up with the young and diecast uneducated. I have found a forum where these one liners, multiposters, and what do you think will be released next?, don't exist. Hell herpa airorts don't even exist there.

I do hope some people will wake up and realize it's not about posts and you don't need to say every little thing that pops into thier head. I guess they need a place to do that and to grow up, so to speak, in the diecast model community. I just would hate to see this place become flooded with them.

Greg

Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #94
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

An old thread to dig up-but no point in duplication-has anyone seen/heard/got a whiff of some of the old hands such as Rammstein and Eherran. Gone but not forgotten
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #95
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
An old thread to dig up-but no point in duplication-has anyone seen/heard/got a whiff of some of the old hands such as Rammstein and Eherran. Gone but not forgotten
Good question Furry! Doc and I were just talking about Emil on our Thelma & Louise stint through New England Tom (TwoSevenLeft) has also been M.I.A. for it seems like a few years now. I'd really like to see them back again

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
Old 09-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #96
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I thought Paul still came around here pretty regularly. As for Emil, yes, he has been MIA on W900 for a LONG time.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #97
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
This is too bad it would be much nicer to see then back as along with D' but that will be the day....
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #98
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Eherran is not in MIA anymore.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #99
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Do tell...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #100
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
True, I did add him as a facebook buddy, though I never see him on very often. He is though MIA on the forums themselves as far as I'm concerned. Will be great for when he returns.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #101
Operations Director

Emil is in Tennessee. He is in seclusion as we all know. He said he will be back someday. When he is ready.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #102
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

I'm hoping ready is sooner than later but I'm also sure I'm not the only one.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #103
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
I'm hoping ready is sooner than later but I'm also sure I'm not the only one.
I think you are.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #104
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

...getting back on track...the veterans are still here, patiently waiting for their 1/400 Bristol Freighters and Breguet Deux Ponts models...hmmm!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #105
Operations Director

Hey even if we could bring back one veteran like Emil, we've accomplished something! Things have been rather lifeless around here lately. That's why I haven't been around.

Emiliano Evelio Herran, come on down! You're the next contestant on the Wings900 Price is right!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: