Whatever happened to the veterans? - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #76
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Re: Whatever happened to the veterans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoldus View Post
There is one FedEx Cessna being parked all day at private parking. I have flown Cessna back in MD for aerial photography only.
I had flight training in MEM with a fella from NH. I think he flew to BOS? I am not sure what the run is. All I remember is him telling me about some windy mountain in NH.

How did you know I was a redneck?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #77
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I had flight training in MEM with a fella from NH. I think he flew to BOS? I am not sure what the run is. All I remember is him telling me about some windy mountain in NH.

It's Mount Washington. It's up there in New Hampshire. It gets really windy up there.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #78
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11Freighter View Post
It's Mount Washington. It's up there in New Hampshire. It gets really windy up there.
That's the one! Wow you're smart! If I could only have half the brains you got! Most rednecks aint is that smart!!!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #79
RJ Second Officer

GaryGoldus is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yahoo View Post
They did have some flights to BOS from MHT around year 2000. That that time I lived in CA., so wouldn't know... I think PAN AM took over some local flights at the end of 90s, but not for a long... MHT became a really boring place now, I get lucky if I can see ICELANDAIR diverted from BOS due to the weather. So every time I go overseas I unleash my photography skills at any airport I go to. Just recently I was a passenger on flight LED-LHR by ROSSIYA on A320, the food was great, I got drunk...

I go on the top of Mt. Washington every year and planning to go again this summer here's some pics:
Isn't nice to be above the clouds??

Last edited by GaryGoldus; 05-02-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #80
RJ Second Officer

GaryGoldus is flying under the radar

Quote:
My boss was a great pilot and aj canadian redneck. He always used to say: If we r goin' down - we .r. going down...
I've learned a lot from him, now he's over 70 and he is studying finances and and PC applications, he does not have any plans to die any time soon, what a man!

Last edited by GaryGoldus; 05-02-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:35 AM   #81

Richie154 is flying under the radar

Wahoo! I miss your pilot quiz thread...I think now I could answer a lot of the questions.

Kardar, D'Andre, Waffle, Furryforest and Flyingdoc, I miss y'all...
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #82
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie154 View Post
Wahoo! I miss your pilot quiz thread...I think now I could answer a lot of the questions.

Kardar, D'Andre, Waffle, Furryforest and Flyingdoc, I miss y'all...
I'm sorry Richie, seems like everyone lost interest. I think everyone likes questions you don't have to think about. As you know being a pilot, that's not real life.

Wow, congrats on getting your IFR. That's about the hardest test to take!

Old 06-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #83
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

Hmm... After reading this, I would like to know how most of you feel about me at the moment. I have been very annoying in the past, I know. What am I like to all of you now?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #84
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I'm sorry Richie, seems like everyone lost interest. I think everyone likes questions you don't have to think about. As you know being a pilot, that's not real life.

Wow, congrats on getting your IFR. That's about the hardest test to take!
I personally loved the quiz thread myself, there was a lot a person could've learned from that thread (like the different ways of looking at your speed and that you can buy airspace amongst other things.) Some of them I could answer quite easily, where others I couldn't just because I hadn't attained the knowledge of how it worked, but I still loved the thread nontheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba
Hmm... After reading this, I would like to know how most of you feel about me at the moment. I have been very annoying in the past, I know. What am I like to all of you now?
To be honest, you are not that annoying, we have had much worse over the years, heck, at least you don't tell everybody who sells models to put them on Ebay then change your mind afterwards. You'll work out ok here. Just give it some time. Most of us that started here when we were younger started out similarly too.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #85
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

Quote:
I'm sorry Richie, seems like everyone lost interest. I think everyone likes questions you don't have to think about.
Has gone very quiet . I really hope all is well with the lads. Really enjoyed lots of the threads and the banter. Mabye such as myself, everyone has just been caught up with work and other domestic's. I hope so anyway...
Old 06-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #86

acfan is flying under the radar

Maybe all the vets could be moderators and delete all the posts where all they have to do is search the forums or databases. It's just my 2 cents
Old 06-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #87
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapleylikeba View Post
We all took a poll and we decided you're a pain in the "A".

Old 06-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #88
Airbus A319 & A320 Fan!!!

AirbusIndustrie is flying under the radarAirbusIndustrie is flying under the radar

Im all for people having interesting topics etc but commenting on people making one liners etc doesnt exactly make new members feel welcome,in some topics one liners are all thats needed,especially topics regarding new releases and model airports etc. Also some people who have just joined may not feel that confident to comment in detail for fear of being put down for what they have said

My Wants -

Wizzair - A320
Mytravel - A320
Balkan Holidays - A320
BMI - A319 / A320
Monarch - A320
Iberia - A319 / A320
Spanair - A320
Vueling - A320
Thomas Cook - A320
Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #89
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusIndustrie View Post
Im all for people having interesting topics etc but commenting on people making one liners etc doesnt exactly make new members feel welcome,in some topics one liners are all thats needed,especially topics regarding new releases and model airports etc. Also some people who have just joined may not feel that confident to comment in detail for fear of being put down for what they have said
I think you may be a tad confused, it's not really all one liners, but more specifically pointless one liners or one liners that are barely readable to anyone who reads english, at least the version I was thought at school, though through a friend at a LAN party, I found out that some schools are beginning to teach kids all that AOL'r crap and Leet, I hope it doesn't catch on . Most of us are not asking to sound like a 18th/19th century Englishman, just capable of being understood by most members.

I'd rather see detail than a one liner though, as would most that I know around here, not too much worries for that, we all make mistakes and get corrected by others, it's just part of being a human I guess. They shouldn't be really put down unless they said something that was really out of line or just plain uncalled for.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 06-30-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #90
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

Quote:
We all took a poll and we decided you're a pain in the "A".
Ha! Serves me right! It's funny how the poll never came up on the site
And just to ask, if the poll did take place, who would be the second pain in the arse? The thrord? The fourth? The fifth? The sixth? The seventh..... the 568th? The 569th? The 570th? The 571st?...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: