FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Cool FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook!

Doc, this is long overdue! This is your thread! Do with it what you will, enjoy!!!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Re: FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook!

Careful with all those dedication threads.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Careful with all those dedication threads.
I am dedicating on a General Squawk. If I were to dedicate a thread to Mr Waffleman he wouldn't squawk now would he?

Where is waffle these days anyway? I miss him. I like him with syrup.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #4
Operations Director

Doc is my friend, my mentor, my confidant, my main squeeze, my good buddy when things were rough for me several months ago. What can I say about Doc? He's smart, funny, good looking and has a lot of money.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Captain

L-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributorL-1011-Heavy is a good contributor

I Owe Him Two Models! Not To Fret, They are On The Way!

The Heavy Set

Landor Luvr BA, CND>N, UA, RYL JDN
Money Always Comes And Goes, But The Fun Never Stops!
Trijets 4 Ever!
L-1011-Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Thanks Brian - I am sure I can say on behalf of all W900 members - "You shouldn't have!!"

I guess I will dedicate this thread to eclecticism... now I won't have to post so much random stuff where it doesn't belong.

Don't want to detract from the Retrograde thread, coz I love that one, but I may use this thread for Antipodean themes (i.e. from Down Under and thereabouts).

Here's a rare one - whilst most Aussies are used to seeing the Caribou in RAAF camo (sadly they are all being phased out this year), here is a Caribou in the colours of Ansett-MAL, formerly of Western Australia.

and thanks, mate - I really feel like I've come of age in these forums with a thread from Captain Wahoo!

P.S. My ex-wife is trying to rectify the bit about having lots of money!

Last edited by flyingdoc; 10-21-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: post script added
flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Thanks Brian - I am sure I can say on behalf of all W900 members - "You shouldn't have!!"
Well, you can see from my first post that I tried to stop him...
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
good looking and has a lot of money.
Especially these are important
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
Especially these are important
Doc is devistatingly handsome. In fact for ten years in a row he's been voted world's sexiest man.

As far as money goes...He trumped "The Donald".

Old 10-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Well since we're havin' a Doc appreciation moment i may as well throw my tupence worth in....

The Doc is the epitomy of a decent fella. One of those people that you wish had met but despite there being 13'000 miles between you, you could still drop him a line looking for advice. He's the sorta guy that you'd vehemently defend if you had to and respect to a level that is strange for someone who you met on an internet forum!

Doc-thanks for being there buddy-i wish there were more like and i also wish last orders wasn't 25 mins ago
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Fellas - you are much too kind! (really!)

Going off on a tangent, any of you guys seen a good tee-shirt lately? (And I don't mean Emil's classic Pan AM number either... BTW that reminds me I still gotta post my pics of our escapades in Miami)

Here's one to get you thinking.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #12
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Fellas - you are much too kind! (really!)

Going off on a tangent, any of you guys seen a good tee-shirt lately? (And I don't mean Emil's classic Pan AM number either... BTW that reminds me I still gotta post my pics of our escapades in Miami)

Here's one to get you thinking.
This really gets me thinking Doc.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
RJ First Officer

Reg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributor

As a relative newcomer to this forum I have known Doc for less time than most but I hope you will not mind me having my say:

Seldom, in the internet world, have I come across a person of such inteligence, charm, wit, charisma and eloquence. He alone knocks the myth of the Australian male being a beer swilling, brain dead convict right out of the water. He speaks with authority on numerous subjects such as DHC Caribou operations in Western Australia, is a collecter of modern artwork by top designers such as Gemini and Herpa and is a renowned expert in the field of airline flight attendants. In his professional life he is reputed to be the southern hemisphere's finest orthropedic consultant with patients limping all the way across the Great Australian Bugger All simply for the chance to be operated on by him. His ex-wife said: "I had to leave him, I just felt so uncomfortable in the presence of such a great man". Top businessmen, polititions and even members of the Royal Family have felt honoured in his presence and it is surely just a matter of time before a knighthood, or even a Nobel Prize will be coming his way. What a guy, what a guy...

Oh, and he is obsessed with t1ts as well.
Reg the Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg the Caterpillar View Post
As a relative newcomer to this forum I have known Doc for less time than most but I hope you will not mind me having my say:

Seldom, in the internet world, have I come across a person of such inteligence, charm, wit, charisma and eloquence. He alone knocks the myth of the Australian male being a beer swilling, brain dead convict right out of the water. He speaks with authority on numerous subjects such as DHC Caribou operations in Western Australia, is a collecter of modern artwork by top designers such as Gemini and Herpa and is a renowned expert in the field of airline flight attendants. In his professional life he is reputed to be the southern hemisphere's finest orthropedic consultant with patients limping all the way across the Great Australian Bugger All simply for the chance to be operated on by him. His ex-wife said: "I had to leave him, I just felt so uncomfortable in the presence of such a great man". Top businessmen, polititions and even members of the Royal Family have felt honoured in his presence and it is surely just a matter of time before a knighthood, or even a Nobel Prize will be coming his way. What a guy, what a guy...

Oh, and he is obsessed with t1ts as well.
I am humbled by the kind words of my favourite caterpillar...

Sorry I've been away but I've got losts of interesting things on the boil. Thanks to the bad influence of a certain eherran, my collection has take a quantum leap forward as I abandoned my (previously) strict rule about only sticking to certain scales (shot!) and only civil aviation (also shot!!). I got the opportunity to take some photos yesterday because we had a holiday for a little horse race called the Melbourne Cup. Anyways, I've got heaps of photos to show you - many of them not yet in the database.

Today I will start with some Trans Australia Airlines (TAA) pics because I had the thrill on Monday of receiving my Holy Grail - an Aeroclassics First Generation Vickers Viscount in the old TAA livery. If you check the database you will see that only about 50 of these were ever made so I consider myself VERY lucky, and it's all thanks to Rick who scored me this little beauty from Canada. (Thanks again mate!)

So here are some pics...

Also I finished a custom model begun for me by Geoff of GT models - the A300B4 in its delivery colours. I have a plastic model of it in the older Blue and White livery which was made after order but before delivery so that it is now a fantasy model as the livery changed in between. There were 6 of these in all amd they were a regular site around Australia in the early '80s. I believe they were the first widebody to fly our skies and they looked great. I was always amazed at how low the engines were slung - they always look to me as if they were about to scrape the ground. Hope you enjoy.

If you look carefully, you will see a B727-200 in TAA's other famous custom livery (and there were not many around in those days) - the "Central Australian" done in the orange and red of our "Red Centre" with Uluru (or Ayers Rock) painted on the tail. This was a farewell present to me from Geoff before he left for Dubai to start piloting for Emirates.
I will post some pics of it in the next few days. Oh Bugger - look at the time ! Gotta get some kip.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
Operations Director

Doc is that your airport? Wow!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: