FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook! - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #106
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor
Re: FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook!

Paging Doc to the white courtesy phone...
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #107
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I'm not looking for "A" doc, I am looking for the "FlyingDoc". He might be snowed in in Australia. It is winter downunder. Maybe we'll see a FlyingDoc Winter Wunderland thread soon.
Oh yeah those crazy Australian winters..... some times all you can see are the tops of the heads of the kangaroos

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #108
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

And doc is buried in there with them!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #109
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

It's aboot time Doc! Did you get snowed in down under?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #110
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
It's aboot time Doc! Did you get snowed in down under?
Do you know what time it is down here???

Sorry I have been busy. The lady in my life has been getting some much-deserved time and attention. Nice to be back though. I have plenty to share wit' u all - just struggling to find time.

BTW - I will be organising my itinerary for the upcoming trip Stateside over the next week. If I can swing it, would love to drop in on Wahoo's Beach Party in September. Does Simmons still fly from Chicago to the MUP?

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #111
Operations Director

American Eagle has flights to Marquette from ORD. I think it's a 6 hour flight north.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #112
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

Quote:
American Eagle has flights to Marquette from ORD. I think it's a 6 hour flight north.
6 hours I was thinking more like maybe 1 hour....

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #113
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started

Quote:
Hello Good Captain,

I graduated from NMU with a degree in Gergraphy in 69. (GOD! Was it THAT long ago?!?) Flew OVER a lot of geography but never used the degree. Anyway, the flight from ORD shouldn't be more that two hours, should it?

If you would perfer that FlyingDoc not stay with you (and WHO wouldn't?!?) he (and his Lady?) might enjoy The Landmark. Linda and I stayed there last year and really liked it.

As I remember, Oceanic use to have a twice weekly flight up there. But on November 10th 1975, our last Bristol Britannia in service disappeared over Whitefish Bay! You probably remember the Gordon Lightfoot song, huh?

Best regards,
Brian
Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 AM   #114
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic First Officer View Post
Hello Good Captain,

I graduated from NMU with a degree in Gergraphy in 69. (GOD! Was it THAT long ago?!?) Flew OVER a lot of geography but never used the degree. Anyway, the flight from ORD shouldn't be more that two hours, should it?

If you would perfer that FlyingDoc not stay with you (and WHO wouldn't?!?) he (and his Lady?) might enjoy The Landmark. Linda and I stayed there last year and really liked it.

As I remember, Oceanic use to have a twice weekly flight up there. But on November 10th 1975, our last Bristol Britannia in service disappeared over Whitefish Bay! You probably remember the Gordon Lightfoot song, huh?

Best regards,
Brian
Thanks for the tip Brian. Looks like Wahoo will be away in Wisconsin at the time I will be visiting so I may not get to Wahoo's Winter Wonderland after all. All my other commitments are on the eastern seaboard so perhaps Wahoo will have to come visit me instead. I am quite hopeful of having a drive through New England while the leaves are changing color. Not sure whether I will be lucky with timing or not but perhaps the leaves will be changing color in Vermont in late September?

That's the problem with these trips - the time just disappears so quickly. So much to do, so little time....

BTW, nice to make your acquaintance.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #115
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic First Officer View Post
Hello Good Captain,

Best regards,
Brian
You graduated from NMU in 69? How old were you when you graduated? What is Gergraphy?

Oceanic flew to Marquette?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #116
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started

Hi Doc, Hi Hoo,

Sorry this reply is late. You'd be surprised by just how busy things can get when you're retired. I am! Any way, I apologize for the misspelling. It's "geography", of course, and it was VERY late when I posted the reply.

Let's see, in 69 I was ....... 44 from 2009 ....... ah ....... I was 25 and on my way into the Air Force.

FlyingDoc, I'm happy to make your acquaintance as well. I think late September will be just about right for color in Vermont. I'm really envious! It's nice to have you as a guest in our country. One of the things I plan to do before I die is see Australia. I think I'd like to get up to Darwin where the USAAC 49th Fighter Group, then the RAAF 1st Fighter Wing faced the Japanese raids. Great history! I flew backseat F-4s with the 49th.

The DiecastAirModels Oceanic 777 should be here in a couple of weeks or so. Can't wait!

Wirh promises to reply sooner, next time,
Brian
Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #117
Retired USAF Pilot

Hi Doc,

See reply, below. (Or above, I'm not sure ....... virtual vertigo!)

Brian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: