FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook! - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #76
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started
Re: FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Another one that I am going to miss when it is retired in the near future - the de Havilland DHC-4 Caribou. What a brilliant STOL medium freighter!!!

Great to jump out of..... Hooray......now it's quiet, same as the C130's.
Was an incident, mid 80's ( Nowra I think), when one had a hard landing just after getting off the ground. Didn't get high enough to let the boys out the back. I can't remember but if I recall a few were hurt when one of the wings was forced into the fuselage on a pretty solid arrival back to earth.........

Forgot to add; Don't know why they didn't call them 'seagulls'. They have a VERY lazy look about them when they're flying. That's until they spot a plate of chips near the beach.

Last edited by coilsw6; 08-11-2008 at 12:09 PM.
coilsw6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #77
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Another of the old breed that I particularly loved - the venerable Iroquois. (Huey to the Yanks). What a workhorse this was from before the time I was born! Expecting my HobbyMaster version of the UH-1B very soon now (in old RAAF colours) but I really liked the camo scheme worn in later years and when they transferred to the Army Aviation Regiment.

The last of these in service made their farewell flight last year (was it October?) with a fly-by over Brisbane. Here are some pics.

The Kiwis are still flying them so I guess we shall still see them from time to time.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #78

Atlanta rules is flying under the radar

Cool airport wish i could have something like that but i ordered the Herpa set one but i don't know what it look like...
Atlanta rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #79
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

Ours still bear the wounds of Vietnam, Labours Defence cut policy.

Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #80
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
Ours still bear the wounds of Vietnam, Labours Defence cut policy.
I feel sorry for you Chard - here's to happier times!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #81
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Great pics Doc-love the Caribou.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #82
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Great pics Doc-love the Caribou.
Methinks Wahoo likes Caribou too.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #83

Atlanta rules is flying under the radar

A plane im going to miss will be the Dc-9 i love those planes.
Atlanta rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 AM   #84
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Methinks Wahoo likes Caribou too.
Methinks Kevin reads Dr Suess and likes Moose!

Do you read this thread,
lying in bed?
Does it go over your head?
Or fill you with dread?
To know that you could waste your time reading
Wahoo instead?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #85
Operations Director

The fighter jet of my childhood - the Mirage again. A wet start?

or looking at the picnic setup on the wing, perhaps just firing up the barbie!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #86
Operations Director

More Caribou for you...
et tu, Wahoo?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #87
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Hueys were awesome. When I lived by MDW sometimes you would here about 5 Air National Guard Hueys fly over. It would sound like Vietnam. Makes the hair stand on the back of my neck!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #88
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta rules View Post
A plane im going to miss will be the Dc-9 i love those planes.
Had almost forgotten this thread - it has been in mothballs with Wahoo's Retrograde!

Here is a DC-9 shot I love!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #89
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

I found some old Eastern 727 shots i took at PBI in 1986. I will scan them and post them when I get a chance

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #90
Captain

FedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Had almost forgotten this thread - it has been in mothballs with Wahoo's Retrograde!

Here is a DC-9 shot I love!

Doc, is it just me or is that a 727?

Jason
FedEx777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: