FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook! - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #16
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: FlyingDoc should be Flyingkook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Doc is that your airport? Wow!
Actually, I don't have an airport - I'll have to wait 'til the kids all grow up and leave but I do have the Gemini airport mats and an old plastic terminal building that I think might be from an old ?HO model railway that I found. It looks really retro so I like it and bought it to use in the background. The background picture was taken from my window one day flying into Mel. I just printed it up on the printer on Monday to make it all look a little better. (There are some seriously good photographers here in W900 and I was feeling a teensy bit inadequate)

As promised here are some pics of the Central Australian livery TAA B727-200 by GT Models.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

I know what you mean aboot feeling inadequate. There are some great ones out there. AgentX20 or whatever his name is makes me mad everytime he posts pictures. I still think he's a mole for 1/200 manufacturers.

British Airways is another great one. Marshal and Brandon are good. Boy the list goes on and on.

But you're good Doc. The photos you posted before were real good.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #18
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Thanks Brian - coming from you, it means something.

Now it's official - I really am a Kook! I blame Emil.

If it weren't for him I would never have strayed from the safe haven of civil aviation collecting, but he had to take me into a collector's paradise and put me in close proximity to a Corgi model... well, the rest is history.

On Sept 18, 2007 I had no 1:72, no 1:144 , no 1:48 and no miltary diecast models. A quick look at my collection today reveals I now have (or am about to receive) something like 40 of the buggers!!!! Holy hell - what am I going to do? - I have nowhere to put them!

Anyways, I've taken a bunch of photos - just need time to download them. Here is a Hawker Typhoon of 451 Sqn, RAAF. This fighter squadron earned considerable success providing air cover for the Rats of Tobruk and the advance of the 8th Army through the Western Desert. Morale was high so the Brits moved them out of the action where morale duly plummeted. This is a Corgi model.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #19
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

That is a dilema. I have nowhere for mine either. That's they call the Nowhere Man.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #20
Operations Director

Quote:
That is a dilema. I have nowhere for mine either. That's they call the Nowhere Man.
Yeah, but you live in Nowhere Land!

Perhaps you could build a little log cabin out back to house them all - sounds like there is plenty of space in your backyard...

Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #21
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Yeah, but you live in Nowhere Land!

Perhaps you could build a little log cabin out back to house them all - sounds like there is plenty of space in your backyard...
My backyard is Lake Superior! It would have to be a boat log cabin!!!

I don't have a point of view and I don't know where I'm going to.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #22
Operations Director

Quote:
My backyard is Lake Superior! It would have to be a boat log cabin!!!

I don't have a point of view and I don't know where I'm going to.
Maybe I'm a bit like you...

Anyway here's something you could try?

And another Corgi - this is a spitfire flown by Wng Cdr Robert "Bobby" Gibbes, one of Australia's top WWII aces. Brought home from the Western desert theatre to help lead the defence of Darwin he soon saw success against Japanese zeros. MacArthur saw to it that Australian fighter wings did not get much action once US lines of supply had improved, much to the chagrin of the Aussie pilots. Gibbes was amongst a group of very senior and decorated pilots who "mutinied" by tendering their resignations in protest. This finished in court marshall but no disciplinary action to speak.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #23
Operations Director

Those spitfires are neat airplanes.

Hey now there's an idea for my airplane collection! I'll have to talk it over with the wife.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
Operations Director

Quote:
Those spitfires are neat airplanes.

Hey now there's an idea for my airplane collection! I'll have to talk it over with the wife.
I've got a better idea. Instead of doing what I've done (which even I recognise is ridiculous), why not wait until GMP release a spitfire and just buy that one model? If you have not seen their P-40 or P-51 yet you will be completely blown away. They are not cheap but I do believe they set the standard for diecast warbirds in their authenticity and detail. They have magnetized, removable panels that give way to replica engines, landing gear that automatically extends and retracts just like the real thing, access panels to the ammo boxes, even little landing lights that come down. Word is that they are going to release a Corsair with folding wings soon.

(I guess you can see I have fallen in love with these planes. Too bad they don't make one in RAAF colours, but I am seriously wrestling with getting the RAF P-40 in Western Desert camo and changing the serial numbers - it just seems like sacrilege to try and alter such an exquisite model.)

Old 11-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #25

Captain_W is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Careful with all those dedication threads.
How come i don't get a dedication thread! As my friend would do! *dog eyes*
Just kidding, I know I'm nothing compared to the likes of people such as flyingdoc, waffle, wahoo, kardar757, etc.

You should do an immature kiddies forum, where all the little ones can start yelling and crying for their mommy!
Captain_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #26
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_W View Post
How come i don't get a dedication thread! As my friend would do! *dog eyes*
Just kidding, I know I'm nothing compared to the likes of people such as flyingdoc, waffle, wahoo, kardar757, etc.

You should do an immature kiddies forum, where all the little ones can start yelling and crying for their mommy!
I don't have a dedication thread.

These fellas, i.e. Eherran, FlyingDoc, Kardar, A_Loser, FedEx Airmaster, etc who I have done a dedication thread for have earned it. Not by whining or posting just to add up their post tally. But because of their valuable and insightful contributions to this fine fine forum.

There's always hope for you little man! Just think, Brandon and Marshal blew their chance. However if I do one more dedication thread I will be banned from Wings900.

Last edited by Captain Wahoo; 11-11-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #27
Captain

FedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast icon

Quote:

These fellas, i.e. Eherran, FlyingDoc, Kardar, A_Loser, FedEx Airmaster, etc who I have done a dedication thread for have earned it. Not by whining or posting just to add up their post tally. But because of their valuable and insightful contributions to this fine fine forum.

There's always hope for you little man! Just think, Brandon and Marshal blew their chance. However if I do one more dedication thread I will be banned from Wings900.
You wouldn't be banned. This is a nice thing to do for veterans of W900.

Jason
FedEx777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #28

Captain_W is flying under the radar

Quote:

For Some Reason I Feel HONORED That You Call Me "Little Man"! (No Sarcasm Today!)
Captain_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #29
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_W View Post
You should do an immature kiddies forum
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it always turns into this very type of forum from time to time...
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #30
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Doc: I know you blame me for your multi-scale addiction. I will take that as a compliment, your eyes have now been opened my friend. As for the rest of you - GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: