Air Hostesses - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #121
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: Air Hostesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Jane Wyman was hot. I always said there was something sexier about actresses back then. As wrong as it is-Julie Andrews back in her heyday as Mary Poppins was a babe
It must have been those button up boots she was wearing! I preferred her in Thoroughly Modern Millie (Mary Tyler Moore wasn't too bad back then either).

As an aside I was watching A Night At The Museum with the kids on the weekend and couldn't believe my eyes when **** Van Dyke (very well known to both the above ladies) appeared on screen. I nearly fell out of my chair when Mickey Rooney then turned up - i thought at first it must be CGI - I thought Mickey was dead!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #122
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
It must have been those button up boots she was wearing! I preferred her in Thoroughly Modern Millie (Mary Tyler Moore wasn't too bad back then either).

As an aside I was watching A Night At The Museum with the kids on the weekend and couldn't believe my eyes when **** Van Dyke (very well known to both the above ladies) appeared on screen. I nearly fell out of my chair when Mickey Rooney then turned up - i thought at first it must be CGI - I thought Mickey was dead!
I knew Penis Van Dyke (his proper name gets censored) was alive and well i used to me a Diagnosis Murder fan! I was a bit surprised when Mickey turned up-its a far cry from his days making movies with Judy Garlands
Old 05-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #123
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
I knew Penis Van Dyke (his proper name gets censored) was alive and well...
You gotta love those censors!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #124
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
I knew Penis Van Dyke (his proper name gets censored) was alive and well i used to me a Diagnosis Murder fan! I was a bit surprised when Mickey turned up-its a far cry from his days making movies with Judy Garlands
You get major points for creativity Furry - great job!

BTW - I've always been a big fan of Penis Van Dyke - great comedic actor and great wholesome family movies.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 AM   #125
Operations Director

Anyone getting tired of the 50's yet? We can go back further, or forward or on a completely different tangent sideways...

Anyway here is another from American Airlines

and on the movie trail, does anyone recognise this youn BOAC captain from the days when they would still go aft and meet with the passengers??

Old 05-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #126
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

You got me stumped on this one, but he looks real familiar. Once you say who it is I'll say "Oh yeah!"

So who is it?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #127
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You got me stumped on this one, but he looks real familiar. Once you say who it is I'll say "Oh yeah!"

So who is it?
Lt. Col. James David Graham Niven

I cannot ascertain whether this postcard was produced by BOAC for promotional reasons or whether Niven had an association with the airline. I can find no reference to him playing a BOAC pilot in his filmography, although I may be corrected. He was certainly not a real pilot. His various employments listed as: Actor, Author, Comic, Laundry messenger, Liquor salesman, Lumberman, Newspaper writer, Road builder. (add to that British Commando)

Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #128
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I can find the pic on a postcard website so i'm going with your theory Doc.

A very honourable man:-

'Although Niven had a reputation for telling good old stories over and over again, he was totally silent about his war experience. He said once: "I will, however, tell you just one thing about the war, my first story and my last. I was asked by some American friends to search out the grave of their son near Bastogne. I found it where they told me I would, but it was among 27,000 others, and I told myself that here, Niven, were 27,000 reasons why you should keep your mouth shut after the war."'

He was in one of my favourite movies-A matter of life and Death." If you haven't seen i couldn't recommend it enough.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #129

Swami8 is flying under the radarSwami8 is flying under the radar

Hey Gang! I thought I'd share these two books with everyone indulging in this "fetish!" LOL

Come Fly with Us! (Just got this one from Ebay...even my wife loves it!)
Amazon.com: Come Fly with Us!: A Global History of the Airline Hostess: Books: Johanna Omelia,Michael Waldock

Come Fly with Me!
Amazon.com: Stewardess: Come Fly with Me!: Books: Elissa Stein

ENJOY!
Swami8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #130
RJ Captain

cpt.canuck is getting startedcpt.canuck is getting startedcpt.canuck is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Nah! Only kidding fellas...

....and if the y can make fantasy airliners, what's wrong with fantasy hosties to go with 'em??

My favourite airline.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #131
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami8 View Post
Hey Gang! I thought I'd share these two books with everyone indulging in this "fetish!" LOL

Come Fly with Us! (Just got this one from Ebay...even my wife loves it!)
Amazon.com: Come Fly with Us!: A Global History of the Airline Hostess: Books: Johanna Omelia,Michael Waldock

Come Fly with Me!
Amazon.com: Stewardess: Come Fly with Me!: Books: Elissa Stein

ENJOY!
Thanks for the link. I haven't got the first one but I will soon.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #132
Operations Director

According to Capt Cannuck, it's time for a little more fantasy...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #133

FLY JTA is flying under the radar

Put the short skirt and fishnets on a Japanese flight attendant and I'll be first in line! All we ever seem to get in Canada is old French-speaking Canadian women with bad attitudes or gay men.
FLY JTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #134
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY JTA View Post
Put the short skirt and fishnets on a Japanese flight attendant and I'll be first in line! All we ever seem to get in Canada is old French-speaking Canadian women with bad attitudes or gay men.
Your wish is my command.

Stick around, I have some ideas for future posts that might interest you..

Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #135

FLY JTA is flying under the radar

Now that's why fly Japan Airlines from Vancouver to Tokyo and not Air Canada! Thankyou, honorable Flying Doc.
FLY JTA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: