Air Hostesses - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #31
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Re: Air Hostesses

Stop it Doc, Furry has had an FMB overdose and now you top it off with all these suggestive ads - he's going to have to go into detox.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #32

Swami8 is flying under the radarSwami8 is flying under the radar

Wow....B-O-I-N-N-N-N-N-G!!!!!! Gotta love the golden age of aviation!
Swami8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #33
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Gents-its been a lovely day-i thank you

Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #34
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor
Post Re: Air Hostesses

70's uniforms were sooo cool.....sexy,hot, colourfull today uniforms more remind you on female bank employees than on a nice girl on a vacation flight

Last edited by aligator; 04-25-2007 at 02:16 PM.
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #35
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
70's uniforms were sooo cool.....sexy,hot, colourfull today uniforms more remind you on female bank employees than on a nice girl on a vacation flight
At last, something we can all agree on! Also, flight attendants were friendlier back in the 70's, specially to kids.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 AM   #36
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

It sure has been an evolution with certain parallels to our society over the decades. The first air hostesses were actually registered nurses. Those of the 1950's were truly hostesses to cater to the needs of the very wealthy who could afford to fly. By the 60's it was more about safety and comfort. By the 70's - well you know the 70's! As more flights have become short-haul or about low-cost economics, the emphasis has moved further from the friendly skies we used to fly to crowd management. I don't suppose it will be long before we are calling them Air Wardens!

Anyhow, here are some more nice pics!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #37
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I regularly fly Jet2 from Belfast to Leeds-a 35 minute flight so there's no inflight catering etc. Its quite funny-but crowd control is exactly what it feels like. Don't get me wrong they do a great job and have to deal with some really stupid/obnoxious/drunk morons but there are times i feel like a sheep.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #38
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
.... there are times i feel like a sheep.
I recommend you visit New Zealand, where you won't stand out.

(hey - someone's rearranged all the smilie icons!)

Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #39
Admin

Being half Welsh-sheep are a part of my life
Old 04-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #40
Operations Director

Quote:
Being half Welsh-sheep are a part of my life
Didn't know the Welsh were into bestiality!...

Time to check out the hosties from Air Bahama.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #41
Admin

They're into it as much as Kiwi's

I'm sorry Doc-but you're going to have to pull out the stops to surpass the Braniff ladies-but please-keep trying
Old 04-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #42
Operations Director

Quote:
They're into it as much as Kiwi's

I'm sorry Doc-but you're going to have to pull out the stops to surpass the Braniff ladies-but please-keep trying
I can beat the Brannif girls but I'd get kicked outta here quick smart!

Here's a pic from Italy.

But perhaps the only "airline" to even come close in recent times is Lynx Jet.
For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere who haven't seen this yet, here are some pics and a link to the video.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hky7wN2QGko

Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #43
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
I never flew Brannif in the '70's but after seeing these pics, I wish I had...

Oh for the days of Coffee, Tea, or me?
The Lynx girls are good-but the above Angel just oozes class!! I wonder could i get Mrs Furry to wear that outfit????
Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #44
Admin

The telephone message left by guys sounded real.....bless them!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #45
Operations Director

OK - I agree totally. She IS the standout babe.

I'm going to head in another direction, but first, this pic from the Boeing archives showing the stewardess uniforms of the delivery airlines for the first jumbo jets.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: