Air Hostesses - Page 167 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #2491
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Air Hostesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Hosties in Art

DC-4 Hostess
As Furry said a couple of posts ago the wow factor,elegance of a bygone era..Doc,do you know when this photo was taken?..
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #2492
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
She looks very like Lynda Carter!
Yes she does. Lynda Carter appeared in this thread about 3 years ago (#453).

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #2493
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
As Furry said a couple of posts ago the wow factor,elegance of a bygone era..Doc,do you know when this photo was taken?..
I'm really sorry that I don't. What I do remember was that it was taken by a German photographer and that the plane was a DC-4 but I have no information about who the subject is or when the photograph was taken. I usually like to be able to post the details but I like this photo so much that I posted it anyway. Sorry!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #2494
Operations Director

Re: Hosties With Celebs # 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half View Post

Left to Right: A Pan Am hostie (could it be Pam Ann herself?) and comedian / actor Bill Cosby, actress France Nuyen and the late actor Robert Culp, step off a Pan Am plane while working on the NBC-TV series "I SPY". The action-adventure-drama-comedy series ran in prime-time from 1965-1968 and was filmed extensively on location in Hong Kong, Japan, the USA, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Greece and Morocco. Pan Am was used extensively by producer Sheldon Leonard and Flying Tiger Airlines was used to transport a specially equipped Ford Econoline van to foreign locales that was used as a mobile warehouse and filming platform. Nuyen and Culp met on the series and later married. Nuyen appeared in four episodes: "Always Say Goodbye," "The Tiger", "Magic Mirror", and "An American Empress." The series can be viewed for free on Hulu.com and is also available on DVD.
Thanks for this contribution! I like the background information - you have clearly divined my love of quirky history!!! Welcome aboard W900

Hosties with Celebs #13

Anwar Sadat with a pair of Arab Airlines hosties (1977)

Another pic of Sadat with the Arab Arlines hosties in the background.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #2495
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin_Secure View Post
Speaking of dolls, how cool is this? Sadly out of stock but I'm hopeful they might produce one with the new uniform now it's been out for awhile.

Also some of the re-released Pan Am Barbies by Mattell (I think you can still buy these)
This is a very important part of the whole air hostess culture/history.

Unfortunately, the boys have jacked up a bit when I have posted pictures of the dolls but I do intend spending a little time with a mini-series, regardless. I was wanting to do it last year as Barbie turned 50. Although Barbie was not the first air stewardess doll, she has probably played a more influential role than any other. Doll-collecting is a serious business in itself. Perhaps some of the members partners could go for it? I have literally 100's of pics of dolls from various eras and lots of airlines. Be patient - I will get around to it one day...

Old 07-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #2496
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
I'm really sorry that I don't. What I do remember was that it was taken by a German photographer and that the plane was a DC-4 but I have no information about who the subject is or when the photograph was taken. I usually like to be able to post the details but I like this photo so much that I posted it anyway. Sorry!
No probs Doc,after all the hard work you've put into this thread i'll let you off..
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #2497
Operations Director

From northern Africa, Tunisair.

This is the old uniform. The new uniform sports a navy shirt with a red jacket.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #2498
Operations Director

Hosties with Celebs #14

Nick Farr-Jones, captain of the 1991 World Cup champion Wallabies.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #2499
Operations Director

One of the greatest reliefs for parents traveling with young children is the friendly hostie who helps make the flight go that little bit easier with some personal extra care and attention...

JetAirways of India.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 AM   #2500
Operations Director

Vintage Aeroflot!!!

The fellas on the left of picture seem to appreciate a well turned pair of legs - some things are universal!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #2501
Earning My Wings

Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is flying under the radar
I Really Like The New Aeroflot Calendar . . .

. . . and I don't even read or speak Russian.

Somehow, the language barrier is not insurmountable. It looks as if the calendars for Ryanair, Windrose, Air Comet, Viva Aerobus and Kingfisher have some new competition . . . Note that these are not all of the photos. The remainders could possibly be considered NSFW.

Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2502
Operations Director

Perhaps better left for the Vintage Wings section, this story broke back in June and made mainstream news in Australia at the start of July. The calendar features a nude model in the new Aeroflot uniform and was apparently (so the rumour goes) produced for VIP passengers. The photoshoot was conducted at night in an aeroflot hangar and employees shooed away.

It caused outrage with the Australian flight attendant's union. Jo-Ann Davidson, the secretary of the Flight Attendants Association of Australia, told news.com.au: "It's a sad reflection of the attitude of the airline's executives - dare I say more than likely middle aged males - towards cabin crew, in particular, female cabin crew by portraying them in such a demeaning, distasteful and irrelevant manner." There was a concern that the recent spate of airlines producing erotic ads and calenders was demeaning to cabin crew and would likely create problems with their working environment.

Aeroflot have angrily distanced themselves from the calendar which leaked onto the internet in mid-June. Head of public relations Oleg Mikhailov told Reuters: "I officially declare that all the rumours on the internet are false. We believe that these photos defame the honour of the company and its employees."

I must confess, the cabin crew unions have got a very valid point. There are some nice photos of Aeroflot's distinctive new red uniform however...

PS - the use of cardboard for the models to stand/lie on in the engine nacelle looks pretty tacky to me too!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #2503
Earning My Wings

Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is flying under the radar

Quote:
Aeroflot have angrily distanced themselves from the calendar which leaked onto the internet in mid-June. Head of public relations Oleg Mikhailov told Reuters: "I officially declare that all the rumours on the internet are false. We believe that these photos defame the honour of the company and its employees."
One really has to wonder to what extent, if any, Aeroflot had in any of this. If we are to believe the PR spokesperson that the airline was not involved in any way, and the photo shoot was a clandestine one taking place in the dead of night in a hangar without proper authorization, one can only wonder about the level of security at such a facility.

My take is that, for better or for worse, "cheesecake" photo calendars of female cabin crew appear to be rather popular in this day and age, and Aeroflot may have just wanted to join the club. Being eclipsed by the competition is an extreme "no-no" in this industry. Many airline advertising departments would die for this degree of free media attention and publicity. Also, since the collapse of the tightly-controlled USSR, Russian society has what could be described as one of the world's most liberal attitudes toward sex, nudity and what some see as female exploitation.

Regardless, they still have a way to go if they want to keep up with Ryanair. That airline's very own flight attendant Edita Schindlerova (a.k.a. "Edita Bente" and "Traci Loren") is still the champion and has taken all this to an as-yet-unmatched level.

Quote:
the use of cardboard for the models to stand/lie on in the engine nacelle looks pretty tacky to me too!
Perhaps they just didn't want her high-heeled shoes scratching the airplane!

Last edited by Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half; 08-04-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #2504
Operations Director

While I'm in an Aeroflot mood,

Hosties with Celebs #15 - Boris Yeltsin.

Here are 2 shots of Boris with Aeroflot hosties - varying formality in the uniforms and probably different weather conditions.
They are probably more typical of what you will actually find when flying SU (although I do have pics of a real Aeroflot hottie for another day).

Last edited by flyingdoc; 08-05-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #2505
Operations Director

Beautiful American Airlines hostie in retro ad for soap!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: