Air Hostesses - Page 106 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #1576
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: Air Hostesses

Notorious Hosties #2 - Lisa Robertson

Lisa Robertson rose to fame after she was reported and subsequently sacked by her employer, Qantas, for engaging in sexual activity with British actor, Ralph Fiennes at 35,000 feet in January, 2007.

The story created quite a stir. The 38-year-old divorcee and former police officer at first denied the allegations against her that she had behaved in a way that brought the airline into disrepute by having a sexual liaison with Fiennes in a Business Class toilet on an overnight flight from Dawin to Bombay. In fact, the flight only had 12 passengers in that section but a fellow FA dobbed her in. She later admitted to the affair and created front page headlines the world over and was interviewed by 60 Minutes for her story.

It later transpired that Robertson had also worked as a prostitute in New Zealand and Sydney. After the event she went on to appear in advertisements for a Sydney bordello with the slogan "Lisa recommends the Mile High Club". The better billboard (for mine, anyway) appeared less than a week after the in-flight tryst made the news when Virgin Blue posted this one. I nearly ran of the road with laughter when I saw it outside Tullamarine Airport!

[IMG][/IMG]

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #1577
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Damn... she hot [above]! Has anybody posted pictures of the Eastern European carrier that has her plastered down the fuselarge... sorry for the "vagueness", but I have forgotten completely! LOL

Matt
I guess you mean Sky Europe ...

but that wasn't Bar Refaeli, but Adriana Karembeu.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #1578
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
Did we had this one?

JetPhotos.Net Photo PH-BFG (CN: 24517) KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Boeing 747-406 by Denis F. McBriarty

Look at the girl at the right side...something looking out of it's place
I see what you mean... they are certainly having there time of their lives with that load of booze! LOL

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #1579
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
I guess you mean Sky Europe ...

but that wasn't Bar Refaeli, but Adriana Karembeu.
Ye, thats the airline I mean... I think that I saw it at Prague Ruzye [spelling??] a while back! LOL

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 05-06-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #1580
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
Did we had this one?

JetPhotos.Net Photo PH-BFG (CN: 24517) KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Boeing 747-406 by Denis F. McBriarty

Look at the girl at the right side...something looking out of it's place
An absolute gem of a find!!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #1581
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Emirates F/A

Emirates's First Class Bathroom

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Last edited by Rex; 05-06-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #1582
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

"Lisa Robertson rose to fame after she was reported and subsequently sacked by her employer, Qantas, for engaging in sexual activity with British actor, Ralph Fiennes at 35,000 feet in January, 2007".

What is wrong with that. She is on her break, so what?

Emirates's First Class Bathroom

Wow that is the way to fly. What a nice set up. You can do a lot of things in that bathroom.
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion

Last edited by HerpaYVR; 05-07-2009 at 12:34 AM.
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #1583
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Notorious Hosties #3 - Ellen Simonetti

Ellen Simonetti made headlines in 2005 when, at the age of 31, she was fired from her job as a flight attendant for Delta because the Airline deemed that content of her personal blog was detrimental to the airline.

The blog - "Queen of Sky: Diary of a Dysfunctional Flight Attendant" - documented her life and work experiences and was her outlet after losing her mother to cancer. Although Simonetti never mentioned the airline by name, her employer Delta Air Lines, deeming some of the blog content inappropriate, suspended and then fired her.

She had been employed by Delta for 8 years and worked long-haul routes to Europe and South America. She arrived home one day to find a message on her answering machine from her employer requesting her to call back urgently. She was told over the phone that she was suspended because of content on her blog. Two weeks later she was dismissed, again over the telephone, after Delta Air Lines objected to Ellen posing for photographs on a company airplane and commentary on her blog.

There was considerable media coverage of Simonetti's firing and the freedom of expression issues involved. Simonetti filed a lawsuit against Delta (Simonetti v. Delta Air Lines Inc., No. 5-cv-2321 (N.D. Ga. 2005)), alleging sex discrimination and retaliation, among other things, but the airline filed for Bankruptcy shortly thereafter and the case has still not been heard.

Currently, she is at university doing a visual arts degree and she has written and self-published her story as the world's first novel in Blog format. She is currently working on a script for a film adaptation of her story.

Here are the pics that Delta deemed so offensive.

Here are some pictures from a less restrictive age that were actually produced by airlines!! Anyone care to venture what was so offensive?

I also have a caseload of photos depicting much more "liberal" behaviour by cabin crew onboard aircraft with much more identifiable uniforms...

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #1584
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

You're just a lot more easy going Doc than the CEO's. Good photos
Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #1585
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Wow Doc you sure have your history well in order. I mean you know your stuff, great content. Man did Delta ever mess up, no wounder they struggle.

People forget that Blogs are read by everybody no different than Facebook.
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #1586
Operations Director

Notorious Hosties #4 - Lisa Ashton

This one is very current - just last month 37 year-old British stewardess, Lisa Ashton made news when a British employment tribunal rejected her unfair dismissal claim against BMI (British Midland), because she refused to fly to Saudi Arabia if the airline imposed rules that she wear an abeya (a black robe that covers everything but the face, hands and feet) and walk behind male crew, regardless of rank.

It’s outrageous. I’m a proud Englishwoman and I don’t want these restrictions placed on myself.” said Ashton. “It’s not the law that you have to walk behind men in Saudi Arabia, or that you have to wear an abaya, and I’m not going to be treated as a second-class citizen.”

The tribunal in Manchester ruled that BMI was justified in imposing “rules of a different culture” on staff and cleared it of sexual discrimination. The matter is currently being taken before a higher court.

Saudi experts and companies that recruit women to work in the country say it is a “myth” that western women are required to walk behind men. There is no requirement for them to wear the abaya in public, though many do. Religious police will beat Saudi women around the ankles with a cane if they appear in public without the abeya. As I understand it, hostesses with Saudia do not wear an abeya in the airport concourse.

Ashton joined BMI in March 1996, flying to the Caribbean, USA and India. Based in Manchester, she was told in the summer of 2005 that BMI was starting a service to Saudi Arabia and she might be required to work on it. The Foreign Office was then advising visitors of a “threat of terrorism” in the country. Ashton did not want to travel there because of the security risks, and was offended by the rules for staff travelling to the region.

A BMI document circulated to staff who might travel to Saudi Arabia stated: “It is expected that female crew members will walk behind their male counterparts in public areas such as airports no matter what rank.

Staff were also given abayas and were required to put them on when leaving the aircraft. Ashton, a practising Christian, was advised by union officials that it was considered a part of the uniform and she could face disciplinary action if she did not wear it.

Ashton said she did not want to fly to Saudi Arabia, but wished to continue flying long-haul routes. The firm said she could transfer to short-haul flights but that would have meant a pay cut of about 20%. She declined to switch to short-haul flights.

On June 13, 2007, she was told she was rostered for a flight from London to Saudi Arabia and refused to go. She was dismissed for refusing to fly and for making it clear she would not travel to Saudi Arabia.

Her letter of dismissal said it was “proportionate” to ask female employees to walk behind men out of respect for Saudi culture. BMI has also defended its decision to require female staff to wear abayas. In the employment tribunal decision over Ashton’s case it was ruled there was no evidence that women would regard BMI’s requirements on wearing the abaya, or walking behind men, as “placing them under any disadvantage”. Ashton’s case was dismissed.

There has been widespread public outcry since.

Since leaving BMI, Ashton has embarked on a musical career. She now fronts the rock band, Looby, which has released a cover of the 70's classic, "Shame, shame, shame" which is directed at BMI. Purchases from the iTunes Store help fund her legal battle.

Last edited by flyingdoc; 05-09-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #1587
ATP Captain

[above!!] Did you type all that doc... I think you have summarised the whole case in one post! LOL... I agree with her, why should she have to do that, she is from the UK, on a UK airlines, not Arabian... I'm not saying that wearing cultural wear is wrong, but she should on had the opportunity to maybe change flights, without 20% pay-cuts??

I'm gonna buy one of her bands songs, I just wanna help her to get some fair treatment from a British airline.

Matt

For Sale | My Collection
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #1588
Admin

Doc this is the first time i have heard about this and i'm disgusted. My government never ceases to amaze me
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #1589
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Doc this is the first time i have heard about this and i'm disgusted. My government never ceases to amaze me
In this case, it is not the Government that are to blame, well not directly anyhow, but the employer and the British tribunal's view that it is not discriminating against women to force them to wear the abeya, or to make them walk behind men.

I think that BMI have been heavy-handed in their handling of this and I am personally supportive of Ms Ashton and have purchased her song from the iTunes Store.

I did promise you all a couple of days ago some more Calendar Girls - I hope this is not being discriminating against women!! (I personally find it a celebration of some of their unique attributes) This series is from Viva Aerobus, a low-cost Mexican carrier part-owned by Ryanair. Sufferers of Swine Flu will benefit from this calendar!

VivaAerobus Calendar 2009 - I guarantee (there's that word) that you will enjoy these.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #1590
Operations Director

What the heck...

I can't help myself - here's a little teaser of what's to come over the next 14 days. Don't want you all to overdose on this!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: