Air Hostesses - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #136
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog
Re: Air Hostesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Lt. Col. James David Graham Niven

I cannot ascertain whether this postcard was produced by BOAC for promotional reasons or whether Niven had an association with the airline. I can find no reference to him playing a BOAC pilot in his filmography, although I may be corrected. He was certainly not a real pilot. His various employments listed as: Actor, Author, Comic, Laundry messenger, Liquor salesman, Lumberman, Newspaper writer, Road builder. (add to that British Commando)
Ah ha! I knew it! I seen him a million times and could not for the life of me think of his name.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #137
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

No like fantasy? OK, how about some class photos?

These were the graduating cl***** from PSA (1970) immediately before the red FMB was adopted as official uniform. No idea why the girls are squatting on those bushes tho.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #138
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Air hostesses have been the subject of literature, toys and memorabilia too.

Here are some examples for all the W900 muso's.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #139
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
No like fantasy? OK, how about some class photos?

These were the graduating cl***** from PSA (1970) immediately before the red FMB was adopted as official uniform. No idea why the girls are squatting on those bushes tho.
You obviously don't know much about photography. This is a well-known photographic technique used to add perspective. It is called "B&B", which is short for "bush on bush". It has been used since the early 50's by many of the greats of our era.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:40 AM   #140
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Quote:
Decisions, decisions.... Hmmm
Do I post one for Emil's tastes?...
or do I cater for the mob??

Let's see, how about one of each and you can vote which one you prefer:

Pan Am stewardess showing a lot of leg!

or PSA stewardess showing somewhat more - you decide!
the second picture shows the perfect air hostess
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #141
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
the second picture shows the perfect air hostess
Gues what aligator? I like her too! So here she is again!

Even better - she's got a friend!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #142
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:

In the spirit of international cooperation, I'll let Alligator have first choice and I'll take the other one. On the return flight we can trade hostesses.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #143
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Ah ha! I knew it! I seen him a million times and could not for the life of me think of his name.
You did not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
In the spirit of international cooperation, I'll let Alligator have first choice and I'll take the other one. On the return flight we can trade hostesses.
Will your wife mind?
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #144
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
You did not

DID TOO!

Will your wife mind?
She won't mind at all, because she won't know.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #145
Operations Director

This is perhaps the silliest looking hostess uniform I've come accross. The thing that makes it even worse is that it is from France! How could they??

Last edited by flyingdoc; 05-30-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Apologies - photobucket account having nervous breakdown!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #146
RJ First Officer

Reg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributor

Quote:
This is perhaps the silliest looking hostess uniform I've come accross. The thing that makes it even worse is that it is from France! How could they??

Yeah, it's terrible. Fancy dressing up your hosties to look like Beriev amphibians.

Boy is this post going to look silly when you fix the picture URL
Reg the Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #147
RJ First Officer

Reg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributorReg the Caterpillar is a good contributor

Quote:

The top one looks as though she is about to have a crap.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #148
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg the Caterpillar View Post
Yeah, it's terrible. Fancy dressing up your hosties to look like Beriev amphibians.

Boy is this post going to look silly when you fix the picture URL
Apologies! Looks like my photobucket account is having a liitle turn. The picture of the Beriev seems to have become the default for all pics posted yesterday, even though they were all correct at time of posting. More embarrassing still is that the pic of 2Lt Kamenitsa's B-24 crew on Oh Bugger was also substituted. Hope bug now fixed.

P.S. - you will see what I meant about a silly uniform too!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #149
Operations Director

Well, today WAS the day I was going to start a little more serious pictorial history of air hostesses... BUT then I accidentally stumbled across this photo today!

Will do the history thing tomorrow

Old 05-31-2007, 06:37 AM   #150
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Apologies! Looks like my photobucket account is having a liitle turn. The picture of the Beriev seems to have become the default for all pics posted yesterday, even though they were all correct at time of posting. More embarrassing still is that the pic of 2Lt Kamenitsa's B-24 crew on Oh Bugger was also substituted. Hope bug now fixed.

P.S. - you will see what I meant about a silly uniform too!
Ah, I see now. Would be better if they HAD dressed up as Beriev amphibians...

Cracking set of pins on the hostie in the previous post by the way

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: