I have had a scare. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
Unhappy I have had a scare.

Ok. This is not about avaition at but about my school. Schaumburg High School. Today at about !;30 Central time our principle Dr. Cross had evacuated the building because earlier that day there was a bomb threat put on the school. From what I have herd about it the threat was done by one of our own student. Now this student is known for doing bad things durring JR high and had been expeld for them. currently I dont know much more than that but the Schaumburg Police department is currently checking out the school so its still very scary to think that there may be a bomb in the school that I have been going to for the past 2 years. I will try and let you guys know what could be going on. Just please keep your prayers for everyone working.
Thanks
Brandon Cotten

P.S. sorry if I may have misspelled some of the words because this is still very new and scary for me.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: I have had a scare.

Good luck-the first bomb is always the scariest-sadly i speak from considerable experience
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
Ok. This is not about avaition at but about my school. Schaumburg High School. Today at about !;30 Central time our principle Dr. Cross had evacuated the building because earlier that day there was a bomb threat put on the school. From what I have herd about it the threat was done by one of our own student. Now this student is known for doing bad things durring JR high and had been expeld for them. currently I dont know much more than that but the Schaumburg Police department is currently checking out the school so its still very scary to think that there may be a bomb in the school that I have been going to for the past 2 years. I will try and let you guys know what could be going on. Just please keep your prayers for everyone working.
Thanks
Brandon Cotten

P.S. sorry if I may have misspelled some of the words because this is still very new and scary for me.
If it is a student that is renowned for this kind of behaviour then it is possible that it is not. They've probably seen the massacre in Virginia that was originally believed to be a bomb scare and thought it was funny to start a bomb scare. However, even though the kid is known for these things, the police have no choice whatsoever but to go over the school with a fine comb to make sure as it is their job and that is what they are payed to do.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
RJ Second Officer

PTEric is flying under the radar

It seems like every school around here in Rochester has had bomb and gun threats since Mon. A kid at RIT was arrested for having guns in his dorm room Tue.
PTEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
RJ First Officer

Captain_W is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
Thanks
Brandon Cotten

Dang! I hope the threats dont keep moving north (especially to the Milwaukee area)
MNAir CEO
Captain_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

ok just found out that they have cought the 3 kids envolved with this hole thing. but for right now thats all I know. keep you guys posted.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Like OMG!!!!! (sorry still cynical..11 more days..)

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Aircraft Technician

CcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciatedCcrlR737pilot is appreciated

I think you all made the news here in Chicago. I have to wait till 9pm to see it. I hope it is nothing too serious. You kinda got me scared there for a moment too. I hope that you all are ok tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
First Officer

Vuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting startedVuele Vueling is getting started

In my old town this type of even is and was a weekly to monthly event. Bomb scares seem to be quiet common at public high schools throughout the country.

However I am sure it was rather nerve racking with the events of Monday and being it was your first bomb threat.

In my school in Madrid we had D Drills (I think D stood for danger) in which we simulated a break in to the school and all that was done was hiding under our desks with the currents drawn and a black piece of paper covering the door trying to keep as silent as we could. Someone even came around and kicked and shook the doors.

Vuele Vueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:22 AM   #10
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Old World War Two bombs wash up on my local beach regularly. There's a place in the Irish Sea called the Beaufort Dyke. After the war Britain dumped somewhere in the region of two and a half million tonnes worth of explosive items in there thinking they'd never be seen again. Bombs, grenades and flares regularly wash up on the beach much to the amusement of the locals. Several dogs have very kindly retrieved grenades for their owners!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #11
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

I've been in this type of a situation before. Back in Middle School, we had 3 bomb threats consecutivly as well as the High School near us, they said it was from a cell phone in New York. It basically really sucks when someone pulls off one of these things, brings everything to a full stop and you caon't do anything for the whole day.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Senior Captain

Swami8 is flying under the radarSwami8 is flying under the radar

Wow, this is nuts!!!! Schools have been closing everyday here in the Detroit area because of bomb threats being called in. The DA and Sheriff of Oakland County announced this morning that they are implementing a zero-tolerance policy on false reports now becuase so many schools have been closed since the massacre at Virgina Tech on Monday. They said that they'll prosecute for a 4 to 20 year FELONY with NO plea bargaining...a very strong stance, but one which I'm afraid has become necessary.

I'm afraid to have a kid now in this crazy *** world we all live in...
Old 04-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #13
Master ATP Captain

here are some local news links for anyone interested.
MyFox Chicago | Student's Bomb Talk Puts School on Alert
on this link on the side bar of the video look for Schaumburg high School Bomb Threat.
WGNTV.com | WGN TV | Chicago's CW

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
Old 04-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #14
RJ Second Officer

Joe Pizzo is flying under the radar

It's so unfortunate that in todays world, so many of you have a story to tell of bomb scares, guns in school, drills for intruders and all of that crazy stuff that some people think is a joke. When these pranksters do get caught, of course they'll say it was only a joke. Yeah, well Columbine and VT were not jokes. These j--- a---- don't realize the grief and panic they're causing or they just don't care - most likely the latter.
Back in the 1970's we had Cold War drills in school for nuclear attack from the USSR. At least we knew who was going to attack us - today you just don't know.
Joe Pizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Captain

n747ua is flying under the radar

Well it happened again. This time a Hoffman Estates High School ( my school ) and Conant high school. These are all schools in the same district as Schuamburg. This time however the police found these threats to be more of a prank. So they decided to disregard the threat and allow the school day to continue. They found the source to be a student here at HEHS who wished to have the day off and a 20 year old partner. Both have been arrested and the school day continued without any problems.
n747ua is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: