What are you? PC? - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Politically correct?
Yes I don't want to offend 4 14.29%
No way, who cares 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #121

Captain A380 Emirates is flying under the radar
Re: What are you? PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Now you can easily see why you got banned from Wings900 before. Are you trying for a second time?

An absolutely worthless post.
ITS A BINARY CODE CAPTAIN NOTHING HARMFUL IS IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE ANZAC'S

What does Anzacs stand for?fficeffice" />
The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (popularly abbreviated as ANZAC) was originally an army corps of Australian and New Zealand troops who fought in World War I at Gallipoli against the Turks. The ANZACs also fought during that war in the Middle East and on the Western Front.
Within Australasia ANZAC came to stand not just for the troops in World War I, but for Australian and New Zealand soldiers in time of war more generally. ANZAC Day is observed annually in memory of those soldiers who died in war. It is commemorated each year by both countries on April 25, the date of the first landing at Gallipoli in 1915 on a beach later known as ANZAC Cove. (It is similar to days such as Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Armistice Day, Remembrance Day or V-E Day commemorated in other countries.)

Anzac Formation
The original Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, which served at Gallipoli, was commanded by General William Birdwood and comprised the Australian 1st Division and the New Zealand and Australian Division. The three Australian and one New Zealand mounted brigades were employed as infantry with ANZAC during the Gallipoli campaign. The Australian 2nd Division began to arrive from Australia in August 1915 and some battalions saw action on Gallipoli in the final months of the campaign.
Following the evacuation of Gallipoli in November 1915 the Australian and New Zealand units reassembled in Egypt. The New Zealand contingent expanded to form their own division; the New Zealand Division. The Australian Imperial Force underwent a major reorganization resulting in the formation of two new divisions; the 4th and 5th divisions. (The Australian 3rd Division was forming in Australia and would be sent directly to England and then to France.)
These divisions were reformed into two corps; I ANZAC Corps and II ANZAC Corps. By this time "ANZAC" had ceased to be an acronym and had begun to be used as a term to describe any formation containing Australian or New Zealand units. I ANZAC Corps, under the command of General Birdwood, departed for France in early 1916. II ANZAC Corps, commanded by General Alexander Godley, followed soon after.
The ANZAC Mounted Division (originally the Australian and New Zealand Mounted Division) was also formed at this time and contained the three Australian light horse brigades as well as the New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade. The division fought as mounted infantry throughout the Middle East, including Egypt, the Sinai (Romani, Magdhaba and Rafa) and Palestine (First and Second battles of Gaza, Beersheba, Jerusalem, Jericho, Es Salt, Megiddo and Amman) and Syria.
On the Western Front, ANZAC formations participated in many battles. Australian and New Zealand Divisions were involved in a number of engagements during the Battle of the Somme (1916) while components of British corps but it was only during the Battle of Pozieres, 23 July 1916, that an ANZAC formation participated as a whole. This was I ANZAC (Australian 1st, 2nd and 4th Divisions).
At Villers-Bretonneux, in the 1918 First Battles of the Somme, the "ANZAC" designation ceased to be used to represent an army corps containing Australian and New Zealand divisions. I ANZAC Corps was renamed the Australian Corps (and comprised the Australian 4th and 5th Divisions at the time). The Australian Corps ultimately contained all five Australian divisions, making it the strongest Allied army corps on the Western Front.
During the Vietnam War, two companies from Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment operated as part of the 4th Battalion of the Royal Australian Regiment (4RAR) which was then referred to as the 4RAR/NZ (ANZAC) Battalion.

Famous Anzac Saying

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Battle of Gallipoli
The Battle of Gallipoli took place at Gallipoli from April 1915 to December 1915 during the First World War. A joint British and French operation was mounted in an effort to eventually capture the Ottoman capital of Istanbul. The attempt failed, with heavy casualties on both sides.
In Turkey, the campaign is known as the Çanakkale Savaşları, after the province of Çanakkale. In the United Kingdom, it is called the Dardanelles Campaign or Gallipoli, and in France, Australia, New Zealand and Newfoundland it is also known simply as “Gallipoli.” See also: Timeline of the Battle of Gallipoli
Even though they were in the opposing ends of the battlefield, the Battle of Gallipoli left huge marks in the psyches of both Australia and New Zealand on the one side, and Turkey on the other. Even to this day, ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Day is celebrated in both those countries, and it is considered that the battle marked the birth of the collective national identities of both those nations, replacing that of the collective identity of the British Empire. In Turkey, the battle is seen as one of the finest and bravest moments in the history of the Turkish people - a final surge in the defense of the motherland as the centuries-old Ottoman Empire was crumbling; which laid the grounds for the Turkish War of Independence and the foundation of the new Turkish Republic eight years later, led by Atatürk, a commander in Gallipoli himself.
Captain A380 Emirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #122
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A380 Emirates View Post
ITS A BINARY CODE CAPTAIN NOTHING HARMFUL IS IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE ANZAC'S
It's also a nuisance just like not using punctuation OR TYPING IN ALL CAPS
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #123

Captain A380 Emirates is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
It's also a nuisance just like not using punctuation OR TYPING IN ALL CAPS
Sorry sir, I'll try not to do it again.
Captain A380 Emirates is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #124
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A380 Emirates View Post
Famous Anzac Saying

[FONT=[/IMG][/FONT]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Thats not a famous ANZAC saying. Its a British poem used to honour the dead of the BEF in WW2

Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #125
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

It's been more than a week since the last post in this thread. I am deeply offended by that.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #126
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
It's been more than a week since the last post in this thread. I am deeply offended by that.
You think that's offensive, check this out:

There was this hot blonde-chinese-muslim-handicapped-black-midget-chick that walked into a bus and announced that she was a raving nymphomaniac but would only nail jewish cowboys. Then from the back of the bus a voice was heard saying loudly - "Howdy, I'm Bucky Goldstein"

Last edited by Eherran; 01-02-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Eherran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #127
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
You think that's offensive, check this out:

There was this hot blonde-chinese-muslim-handicapped-black-midget-chick that walked into a bus and announced that she was a raving nymphomaniac but would only nail jewish cowboys. Then from the back of the bus a voice was heard saying loudly - "Howdy, I'm Bucky Goldstein"
Was she ok after she walked into the bus? I guess it's better than getting thrown under the bus.

That story is racial profiling.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #128
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Was she ok after she walked into the bus? I guess it's better than getting thrown under the bus.

That story is racial profiling.
I was the cowboy and she wasn't ok after she "got off" the bus.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #129
Air Wisconsin

Quote:
I was the cowboy and she wasn't ok after she "got off" the bus.
I thought you were Cuban?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #130
ATP Captain

Quote:
I thought you were Cuban?
I lied, I'm really Norwegian. You've seen me in person and you definitely must have noticed my strong Norse features.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #131
RJ Captain

RealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radar

Quote:
I lied, I'm really Norwegian. You've seen me in person and you definitely must have noticed my strong Norse features.
I'm Norwegian, I take offence to your last post!
RealGliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #132
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGliderPilot View Post
I'm Norwegian, I take offence to your last post!
Wait until you see my picture, then you'll really be offended.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #133
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Wait until you see my picture, then you'll really be offended.
Aint dat da trute!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #134
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

I found this on an unrelated search and it got under my collar because I'm touchy about all this PC nonsense now.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectID=10357510

This sort of policy would be illegal under Australian law. I bet if you fought it whilst on board though, you'd end up in the hands of the federal police.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #135
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

There have been write ups here about that last year. I think it may have been BA involved. Most of the stuff against this policy was coming from flight attendants. It must be hard to put that messsage across.

"Excuse me sir but would you mind moving seats. We're not saying you are...and we're not saying you're not, but there might be a chance that you could consciously or subconsciously be a paedophile. Thanks for your help."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: