What are you? PC? - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Politically correct?
Yes I don't want to offend 4 14.29%
No way, who cares 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #61
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: What are you? PC?

Well i think its time someone made a stand for the PC brigade. I personally think they fight a good fight and i have long respected their leader who spearheads the campaign. His Royal Highness Prince Philip, the Duke Of Edinburgh. Here's a list of some of his finest moments-it brings a tear to my eye....
The Duke is well-known in Britain for cracking jokes during public visits that can come across as blunt, insensitive, and racist.
  • Speaking to a driving instructor in Scotland, he asked: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?"
  • When visiting China in 1986, he told a group of British students, "If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed".
  • After accepting a gift from a Kenyan citizen he replied, "You are a woman, aren't you?"
  • "If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (1986)
  • In 1966 he remarked that "British women can't cook."
  • When addessing an AIDS awareness program, he remarked, "Loop before you Leap".
  • To a British student in Papua New Guinea: "You managed not to get eaten then?"
  • Angering local residents in Lockerbie when on a visit to the town in 1993, the Prince said to a man who lived in a road where eleven people had been killed by wreckage from the Pan Am jumbo jet: "People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still trying to dry out Windsor Castle."
  • On a visit to the new Welsh Assembly in Cardiff, he told a group of deaf children standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band, "Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf."
  • He asked an Indigenous Australian, "Still throwing spears?" (2002)
  • When listening to a speech given by Cherie Blair, wife of Tony Blair, in 1999, he was reported by several MPs as having said, very loudly, "you could post a letter through that mouth".
  • Said to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary, "You can't have been here that long – you haven't got a pot belly." (1993)
  • To the President of Nigeria, who was dressed in traditional African robes, "You look like you're ready for bed!"
  • To Lord Taylor of Warwick, who is black: "And what exotic part of the world do you come from?" Lord Taylor: "I'm from Birmingham." (same story also told with Bernie Grant as the subject)
  • Seeing a shoddily installed fuse box in a high-tech Edinburgh factory, HRH remarked that it looked "like it was put in by an Indian".
  • During a Royal visit to China in 1986 he described Peking as "ghastly".
  • "Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" (in 1994, to an islander in the Cayman Islands)
  • At the height of the recession in 1981 he said: "Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."
  • Upon presenting a Duke of Edinburgh Award to a student, when informed that the young man was going to help out in Romania for six months, he asked if the student was going to help the Romanian orphans; upon being informed he was not, he said words to the effect of "Good, they [the Romanians] breed orphans over there."
  • At Salford University, he told a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut: "You could do with losing a bit of weight."[12]
  • In 1997, the Duke of Edinburgh, participating in an already controversial British visit to the Amritsar Massacre Monument, provoked outrage in India and in the UK with an offhand comment. Having observed a plaque claiming 2,000 casualties, Prince Philip observed, "That's not right. The number is less."[13]
  • During a Royal visit to a Tamil Hindu temple in London , he asked a Hindu priest if he was related to the terrorist Tamil Tigers.
  • During his speech at the 80th Anniversary Luncheon of Round Table (the young men's organisation of which he is patron) he remarked, in reference to the likelihood of his attending the 100th Anniversary celebrations that he would be "past my bury-by date" by that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #62
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

HRH is truly a Rennaissence Man!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #63
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

You've reminded my of some other Brits who made a stand when it was sorely needed too! Back in my uni days when the whole place was run by militant lesbians, the whole PC thing was getting out of hand. In a master stroke of genius Robert Palmer brought out the video of Addicted to Love with all those bump'n'grind girls. Shortly thereafter he was trumped by Duran Duran with their unedited filmclip for Girls on Film.

In the words of Kenny Everitt, "I'm Orson Wells and you're not...thus nature balances itself!" Thank god for the circuit breaker - evryone could have a laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing was getting (well, everyone except the militant lesbian Nazis anyway)

Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #64
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Doc-for the second time in two days i've cried with laughter-i must remember the phrase "militant lesbian" for future use!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #65
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Doc-for the second time in two days i've cried with laughter-i must remember the phrase "militant lesbian" for future use!
Doc does have a way with words, but I prefer using "femenazi" instead of militant lesbian. While we are on the subject, I believe I may be a lesbian myself (not militant). Lesbians like women and as it turns out I like women as well, so I'm coming out of the closet - I'm a proud male lesbian.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #66
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Doc does have a way with words, but I prefer using "femenazi" instead of militant lesbian. While we are on the subject, I believe I may be a lesbian myself (not militant). Lesbians like women and as it turns out I like women as well, so I'm coming out of the closet - I'm a proud male lesbian.
I'm not sure I want to be one but I like what they do

Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #67
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

Careful there Doc, their particular ones may have teeth!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #68
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel No.5 View Post
Careful there Doc, their particular ones may have teeth!
You have definitely been reading too much Freud... I could put you onto a very interesting site that plumbs the depths of this very topic ... but there are kiddies around and BBIW.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #69
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
You have definitely been reading too much Freud... I could put you onto a very interesting site that plumbs the depths of this very topic ... but there are kiddies around and BBIW.
Knowing BB, he'll probably like that site - specially if it has pictures.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #70
Admin

Resurrection of an old thread i know-but worthy of a mention. This is an aircraft that caused outrage in the UK. MOD officials deemed nose art offensive to females-despite no complaints.

So Lucy had to be removed from the nose. Sad times we live in.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1300095/L/
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #71
Operations Director

Bloody ridiculous!!!

I guess we'll have more of the same under our new Labour government!

MySpaceTV Videos: Raf Lucy Pinder by Lucy_Pinder

Old 12-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #72
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

So I guess we're (The US) not the only weirdos eh?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #73
Senior Captain

Chrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributor

Weirdos come in every nationality, every race (whatever that is exactly), every ethnic background, every hair color, every shoe size, bra size, blood type, anime genre...um... airline preference...
Chrisvalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #74
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvalla View Post
Weirdos come in every nationality, every race (whatever that is exactly), every ethnic background, every hair color, every shoe size, bra size, blood type, anime genre...um... airline preference...
Now that you mention it, I've always wondered why Saudia??

Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #75
Admin

Weirdoism does not discriminate-its very politically correct!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: