New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #106
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Paul, you and your family have an open invitation. I'll even charge your mum and dad half price.

Hey, I just noticed yesterday that my little one's birthday (he'll be three years old) is the same day as yours, so if you want some Spongebob Squarepants cake, balloons and toys, just show up. You can even play in the bounce house, as long as you take off your shoes.
wow. Sharing my birthday with a member's son. Happy Birthday "Little One"!

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #107
Senior Captain

Chrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributorChrisvalla is a good contributor
Quote:
Holy cow, very impressive collection! Man, Herpa must love you. Most of your 1700 models are Herpas. You are forcing me to go shopping - I must catch up and I'm almost 400 models behind. As for the wife situation, I love the solarium bargaining chip idea, but if that doesn't work, don't even hesitate - get a new wife a.s.a.p.

BTW: You should post some pictures of your collection.
Nah, it's not worth the re-training... after a while you get them just like you want them and I'd hate to have to start all over < looking over shoulder >.

This is your show... once I actually get things set up in the new room I'll probably get some newer pics; though pics of boxes on shelves aren't very exciting, it can be interesting to see things all lined up by airline on one shelf.
Chrisvalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:56 AM   #108
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvalla View Post
Nah, it's not worth the re-training... after a while you get them just like you want them and I'd hate to have to start all over < looking over shoulder >.
Are wives any easier to live with than girlfirends?!?!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 AM   #109
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog
Thumbs up

WOW! I'm speachless, I'd like to have the same space in my house...next time I'll come to Miami I want to see your collection "live"!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #110
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvalla View Post

This is your show... once I actually get things set up in the new room I'll probably get some newer pics; though pics of boxes on shelves aren't very exciting, it can be interesting to see things all lined up by airline on one shelf.
You are right about the re-training, not worth starting over. Trust me, I've done it before. Before I set the planes out, I lined up the boxes by aircraft type and in alphabetical order on the floor - very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Are wives any easier to live with than girlfirends?!?!
It depends if it's your own wife (difficult) or somebody else's wife (easy) - just kidding. No my friend, I'm afraid it's never easy, it's just a different type of challenge.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #111
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
WOW! I'm speachless, I'd like to have the same space in my house...next time I'll come to Miami I want to see your collection "live"!

Lollo
If you are ever in Miami, just let me know and not only will I give you a personal tour, but if needed, I'll even bring italian translators. There are many italian speaking family members in my wife's family. They were born in Argentina from italian parents. Needless to say, the food at my house is awesome.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #112
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Re: New wing for my 1200+ wings

Well, i'm following the steps of you, Eherran. My display case has just arrived. It has 4 glass shelves, one already filled with around 40 1:500 and 1:400 models around the size of 737's and a few smaller ones. In my opinion it looks good so far. If I can get decent pictures, I will share them with youse guys.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #113
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Well, i'm following the steps of you, Eherran. My display case has just arrived. It has 4 glass shelves, one already filled with around 40 1:500 and 1:400 models around the size of 737's and a few smaller ones. In my opinion it looks good so far. If I can get decent pictures, I will share them with youse guys.
Awesome! Looking forward to the pictures. Remember when you were thinking of using "desk signs" to put the name of the airplanes? I found something perfect for glass shelving and I have already put them all over my plane room. They are small/medium plastig tag holders that clip on to the shelves. I print self-sticking labels with the name of the different types of aircraft and attach them to the tags. They don't block the view of the airplanes, look pretty good and are easily re-located. I'll post pictures later.

BTW: Atlas, AI, BA and company leaving soon
Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #114
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Awesome! Looking forward to the pictures. Remember when you were thinking of using "desk signs" to put the name of the airplanes? I found something perfect for glass shelving and I have already put them all over my plane room. They are small/medium plastig tag holders that clip on to the shelves. I print self-sticking labels with the name of the different types of aircraft and attach them to the tags. They don't block the view of the airplanes, look pretty good and are easily re-located. I'll post pictures later.

BTW: Atlas, AI, BA and company leaving soon
I think the desk signs are out of the question. This first shelf is covered. You'd never be able to tell which is which

Old 01-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #115
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

All I see is this...
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #116
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
I'm 95% finished with my "wings room". The pictures aren't the greatest, so I'll try to shoot some more later.

Attachment 3244

Attachment 3245

Attachment 3246

Attachment 3247

Attachment 3248

Attachment 3249
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Boring! Looks like a freakin museum. I'm not real impressed, I see you're missing the Piedmont FH-227B

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #117
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
All I see is this...
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
If you are talking about the finished-product pictures, try post#92.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #118
Operations Director

Quote:
If you are talking about the finished-product pictures, try post#92.
Maybe you should read post 116.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #119
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Boring! Looks like a freakin museum. I'm not real impressed, I see you're missing the Piedmont FH-227B
Yes!!! That's the look I wanted - "neoclassic/avant-garde, museumy boring motif". One day I sat down and said to myself: "self, how can you create the most depressinly boring room for your collection?" and so I thought about it and went to work and the rest is history. Thanks for boosting my morale, I knew I'd done it right.

The Piedmont FH-227B is right there in the pictures, next to the Air New England FH-227C.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #120
Operations Director

Quote:
Yes!!! That's the look I wanted - "neoclassic/avant-garde, museumy boring motif". One day I sat down and said to myself: "self, how can you create the most depressinly boring room for your collection?" and so I thought about it and went to work and the rest is history. Thanks for boosting my morale, I knew I'd done it right.

The Piedmont FH-227B is right there in the pictures, next to the Air New England FH-227C.
You're a good egg. I'm glad that you went with that look. I would like to see some hard evidence of the Piedmont though, I looked at every FH-227 you had there and I didn't see a Piedmont. I did see any Midway Diesel 9's either.

By the way, I am still laughing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: