New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #121
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Re: New wing for my 1200+ wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You're a good egg. I'm glad that you went with that look. I would like to see some hard evidence of the Piedmont though, I looked at every FH-227 you had there and I didn't see a Piedmont. I did see any Midway Diesel 9's either.

By the way, I am still laughing.
You know, I'm really glad to see I'm not the only softie for good ole props. Unfortunately we must suffer with the very few releases we get. At least L-1011-Heavy (also a huge fan) keeps us happy with his photo trips down memory lane.

I just realized - you got the new and improved Userbar version in there
That's awesome!!!! Wait 'til Darren sees what a crappy job he's been doing.

Last edited by Eherran; 01-25-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Eherran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #122
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
I think the desk signs are out of the question. This first shelf is covered. You'd never be able to tell which is which
You'd be surprised at how many aircraft you can put in one shelf if you angle them correctly. Also, when I was tight for space, I would alternate between planes on stands and planes without stands and essentially almost double the shelf's capacity. Here are some pictures of the plastic tags I told you about. Notice how they don't block the view.

Attachment 3289

Attachment 3290
Old 01-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #123
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Did you add the cowling covers yourself on were they painted onto the photo as such?

By the way-amazing set up!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #124
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
You'd be surprised at how many aircraft you can put in one shelf if you angle them correctly. Also, when I was tight for space, I would alternate between planes on stands and planes without stands and essentially almost double the shelf's capacity. Here are some pictures of the plastic tags I told you about. Notice how they don't block the view.

Attachment 3289

Attachment 3290
Nice arrangement, I have to admit. But did you put that TU 154 in row with these 727s on purpose?
lowflyer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #125
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Did you add the cowling covers yourself on were they painted onto the photo as such?

By the way-amazing set up!
The cowling covers came with the models. I believe the ones with the covers are all Blue Box models. Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #126
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
Nice arrangement, I have to admit. But did you put that TU 154 in row with these 727s on purpose?

OOPS Great catch, I just went to the room and not only did I put the Aeroflot TU 154 front and center with the 72s, but I also stuck a Malev TU in there as well. Don't know how the heck I missed that, it turns out they are repeats, so I somehow displayed them as TUs and as 72s. I already removed the guilty models, now I have some re-arranging to do. Thanks a bunch, I'm embarassed.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #127
Master ATP Captain

British Airways is getting startedBritish Airways is getting startedBritish Airways is getting startedBritish Airways is getting startedBritish Airways is getting started

Simply stunning, Eherran!!! Did you consider making the room open to the public as a diecast museum ??? Eherran's place of pilgrimage ...

Models For Sale

Michael Hoeltmann
British Airways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #128
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
do you mean $5000.00 and you misspelles Probibly.
You are a riot!!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #129
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
Actually,
I am planning a trip to OZ (Australia for the late person) on the 8th of March but...

Eherran! WOW! Ever been to someone's house with roaches? They are everywhere. Damn bro! You got them everywhere! I'll be happy to come over and exterminate! i.e. take some home. How do your kids take to the fleet? I will deffently come over! Are you going to build an airport?
Let me know if you're coming to Melbourne!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #130
Operations Director

Well Emil, I'm the latest arrival on this thread, much to my embarrasment. WOW!!!!

I think you and I are blood brothers! We share the same lunatic collection mania although you don't seem to be on medication like me. My kids just look at me sideways and shake their heads.... and I don't have to worry about a wife getting on my case any longer. The collection has been, in part, a way of dealing with much altered life circumstance.

With the 5 kids I cannot yet devote a whole room to my planes but I have one room with 4 x 9+ metre shelves along one wall and overhead lighting. They hold about 300 planes. Are your shelves all tempered glass? I had to have mine cut to size and that was by far & away the most expensive cost. I just last weekend bought a display case from a buddy who is a Qantas pilot but who no longer had room for it. Had to re-arrange a bunch of furniture to accomodate it in the living room but it comes with beautiful, non-UV lighting and gives me room to expand my collection. IMO there's not much point collecting if you cannot display and appreciate them. Definitely no room here for an airport.

I would love to come over and see them next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Whenever I'm in the US I find a way to get to Florida. And if you are ever coming this way my place is open to you and your family. (3am quite OK)

Gotta go and do some work now!
Cheers,

Gerard

Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #131
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
Six kids?...damn, you aren't shooting blanks are ya bro? Who knows, maybe I have six kids out their too

Ok so here is the deal...

March 1st we all meet at eherrans house at 3am...Loser? Wahoo? D? Waff? (c'mon waff, miami is only a short drive from podunk)

Eherran...If we all show up march 1st...you'll have 11 kids
That's less than a month away; are we all ready?
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #132
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Airways View Post
Simply stunning, Eherran!!! Did you consider making the room open to the public as a diecast museum ??? Eherran's place of pilgrimage ...
My room is open anytime for anybody that enjoys and appreciates our hobby as much as you do. I recently made several purchases including that tip you gave me, so I should hit 1,500 models fairly soon. I'm addicted, but at least this addiction has no side effects - other than bankruptcy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Let me know if you're coming to Melbourne!
You do realize you were talking to D'. That's right that D', THE D'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
That's less than a month away; are we all ready?
Kevin, I've purchased a keg of rootbeer in anticipation of your arrival.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #133
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Well Emil, I'm the latest arrival on this thread, much to my embarrasment. WOW!!!!

I think you and I are blood brothers! We share the same lunatic collection mania although you don't seem to be on medication like me. My kids just look at me sideways and shake their heads.... and I don't have to worry about a wife getting on my case any longer. The collection has been, in part, a way of dealing with much altered life circumstance.

With the 5 kids I cannot yet devote a whole room to my planes but I have one room with 4 x 9+ metre shelves along one wall and overhead lighting. They hold about 300 planes. Are your shelves all tempered glass? I had to have mine cut to size and that was by far & away the most expensive cost. I just last weekend bought a display case from a buddy who is a Qantas pilot but who no longer had room for it. Had to re-arrange a bunch of furniture to accomodate it in the living room but it comes with beautiful, non-UV lighting and gives me room to expand my collection. IMO there's not much point collecting if you cannot display and appreciate them. Definitely no room here for an airport.

I would love to come over and see them next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Whenever I'm in the US I find a way to get to Florida. And if you are ever coming this way my place is open to you and your family. (3am quite OK)

Gotta go and do some work now!
Cheers,

Gerard
One at a time:

1. I am indeed on medication - have been for many years. You are a doctor, I'm sure you can figure out at least one of the conditions.
2. My kids don't look at me sideways. They openly and loudly make fun of me, although lately, I've caught the oldest one showing off my collection to his friends. It's hilarious; the teenagers always laugh at the "Enola Gay" nose art I have on the wall. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that a couple of them actually knew what the plane was and what it meant historically.
3. It took a while, but I finally found a woman that understands me and accepts me with all my quirks and imperfections. Besides, like I always point out: I "Coach" handbag = 20 models - enough said!
4. We all deal with our trials and tribulations in different ways. Until not so long ago I would deal with s*it by biking an average of about 500 miles a week, before that, it was running about 100 miles a week and through it all it was also by working countles hours a week. The point is, you do whatever works best for you.
5. I didn't have the room, but I was lucky enough to have an unused sundeck which we never used, so I simply enclosed it.
6. All my shelves are tempered glass. To save on costs, I stuck with a standard size (12" x 24") and avoided any custom cutting, although this did result in losing some shelf space. My directional lighting is all 100% UV blocked and although the light in my display case does emit UV, it is barely ever turned on.
7. Totally agree. Why have a collection if you are going to keep it in boxes? It's just like when I had my 70' Mustang Mach 1; people would freak out because I actually drove it - imagine that.
8. I greatly admire all the airports our fellow members have built. I have the room to build one, however, I'm just not into it - YET
9. I've said it many times before to other fellow members. Whenever you are down in Miami, you and your loved ones have an open invitation to my house, the plane room is just a bonus.
10. it's that 3:00 AM your time or 3:00 AM my time?

Emil
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #134
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
One at a time:

10. it's that 3:00 AM your time or 3:00 AM my time?

Emil
You're welcome any time mate!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #135
Operations Director

Hey Emil,

seeing as how members are showing off their entire collections now, I wondered if you had an updated photo of your room? I certainly hope your airplane acquisition is not keeping apace with that of your posts, else you'll need another room!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: