New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #61
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
Looking good bro...

You will save a ton of money in labor costs by doing it yourself. My brother is a general contractor and that's all he does is build additions and remodel kitchens, bathrooms, etc. Are you doing all the electrical work yourself?...What kind of lighting are you going with?
The electrical work will be very simple, so I'll do it myself. I'm thinking of going with 2 fluorescent rectangular fixtures I saw at Home Depot. They are very elegant and have four bulbs each. I'm not sure about this whole UV lighting issue and models yellowing over time, so I'm still researching the light.
Eherran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #62
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Actually, i'm at home, feeling very sick. I don't know why though. If it was a normal tuesday I would be at college until about 4:15/4:30, something like that.

To be honest, i'm not bothered about when I become a Captain, but when I do, it'll be Captain Rammy.
Must be that antarctic weather that got you sick Hope you feel better soon. BTW - the new "package" hasn't left yet I've been busy at work and building my addition.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #63
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Must be that antarctic weather that got you sick Hope you feel better soon. BTW - the new "package" hasn't left yet I've been busy at work and building my addition.
No problemo! Just as long as it gets here. Muahahahahahahaha

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #64
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon
Quote:
The electrical work will be very simple, so I'll do it myself. I'm thinking of going with 2 fluorescent rectangular fixtures I saw at Home Depot. They are very elegant and have four bulbs each. I'm not sure about this whole UV lighting issue and models yellowing over time, so I'm still researching the light.
You should throw in some recessed lighting with a dimmer switch...that way you and the Mrs. can have a nice romantic dinner for 2 with your planes

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #65
ATP Captain

Quote:
You should throw in some recessed lighting with a dimmer switch...that way you and the Mrs. can have a nice romantic dinner for 2 with your planes
That would be nice, except that the plane room is wedged between a bedroom shared by the 8 year old and the 14 year old, the upstairs laundry room and a bathroom used by 5 out of the six kids. You try getting romantic with the TV or stereo going full blast, the toilet flushing constantly and the washer and dryer spinning and buzzing. Actually - I think I'm getting turned on - gotta go
Old 11-22-2006, 02:44 AM   #66
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor
Quote:
That would be nice, except that the plane room is wedged between a bedroom shared by the 8 year old and the 14 year old, the upstairs laundry room and a bathroom used by 5 out of the six kids. You try getting romantic with the TV or stereo going full blast, the toilet flushing constantly and the washer and dryer spinning and buzzing. Actually - I think I'm getting turned on - gotta go

Just don't let those planes catch you making wife noises!!

My airport progress: KDCN
FedEx AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:11 AM   #67
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
The following information was not needed.

Quote:
I think I'm getting turned on - gotta go
In other words, ewwwwwwwwwwww, that was totally sick.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #68
ATP Captain

Quote:
The following information was not needed.

In other words, ewwwwwwwwwwww, that was totally sick.
You are right, only a sick pup like D' can appreciate that comment

Today I'll get a scissor lift delivered to my house along with a hydraulic lift so I can put the beams in place, since they are very heavy. By Sunday, I should have the roof structure completed.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #69
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Today I'll get a scissor lift delivered to my house along with a hydraulic lift so I can put the beams in place, since they are very heavy. By Sunday, I should have the roof structure completed.
Cool. Have fun. Sounds like something I would mess around with.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #70
ATP Captain

Quote:
Cool. Have fun. Sounds like something I would mess around with.
Methinks you would ..........

You know you would try that, maybe on your bike into a pool
Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #71
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Methinks you would ..........

You know you would try that, maybe on your bike into a pool
Actually, with the way my brain works, I think that would be exactly what I would do. Oh what fun it would be.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #72
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon
Quote:
You are right, only a sick pup like D' can appreciate that comment

Hey wait...I appreciated that comment

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #73
ATP Captain

Quote:
Hey wait...I appreciated that comment
Yo, guess what I found hidden away in one of my cases

"War Hawk"
Since you embarassed me the other day , I went Pan Am L-1011 crazy on Ebay and bought registration #s N504PA, N505PA, N507PA, N510PA, N513PA and the Billboard. I found "War Hawk" (N512PA) in my case, so now I'm only missing N511PA. Thanks for pointing out my stupidity

Last edited by Eherran; 12-25-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #74
ATP Captain

Here is my Thanksgiving day update. Roof structure completed, tomorrow I'll start sheathing (nailing plywood on the roof) and covering the walls.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #75
ATP Captain

I'm back with a new construction update on my airplane room. Tomorrow the walls will be plastered and they should be ready for paint by Monday. I continue to make progress on the interior and today I installed the first lighting fixture. More pictures in a few days.

West view - ready for stucco, window installed

North view - ready for stucco, door and a/c installed

Partial view of unfinished interior

Ceiling detail, showing skylight and one 2' wide section finished

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: