New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #46
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
They are like roaches, remember is six kids + girlfriends, schoolfriends, nephews, nieces, cousins, neighbors, etc. I can't keep track, I've even found kids in my house that were here by mistake.

My kids think I'm a huge nerd because I collect airplanes and books. However, when I spank them at any sport they don't think I'm so nerdy anymore. I don't think I'll be building an airport any time soon. I went through that stage when I collected trains (HO scale) and I had a huge layout. The problem is, once I built it I was like - OK now what?

BTW: You come down anytime, I'm self-employed so my schedule is very flexible.
Oh by the way when I said roaches I was refering to the planes. But.. ok. kids too I guess... whatever. As for building an airport, you have plenty of space there. Just a small diorama on a table in the middle of the room among all the glass cases and shelvs lining the walls would be nice.

OH my heart goes out to your wife! How does strive day to day with so many funky, burping, farting boys? and all those planes always landing on the dinnertable during meals must drive her crazy!!

We will just see how things get worse when Kardar and I arrive.

My airport progress: KDCN
FedEx AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #47
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
I think we are actually coming down the 2nd ot 3rd week of march, plans aren't finalized with our house in Orlando yet, so we'll see. Hey that's right smack dab in the middle of march madness
Yep, March Madness is almost here again. Maybe Florida can repeat, they look pretty impressive right now.
Eherran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #48
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
Oh by the way when I said roaches I was refering to the planes. But.. ok. kids too I guess... whatever. As for building an airport, you have plenty of space there. Just a small diorama on a table in the middle of the room among all the glass cases and shelvs lining the walls would be nice.

OH my heart goes out to your wife! How does strive day to day with so many funky, burping, farting boys? and all those planes always landing on the dinnertable during meals must drive her crazy!!

We will just see how things get worse when Kardar and I arrive.
You got me thinking so maybe, just maybe a small airport. My wife is the BOSS and will bitc*slap anyone that gets out of line (including me)! You'll be amazed at how clean and organized my house is. You and Kardar and whoever else come down and I'll try to protect you from my kids

Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #49
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
do you mean $5000.00 and you misspelles Probibly.
That's ok; so did you

Oh, the fun I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
We should be eh?...

Nah me & kev just get full enjoyment out of bustin youngins chops

You think we're bad...wait til 27L gets out of the padded room
Ain't that the truth... (All of that I mean)
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #50
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Oh, the fun I have
Oh you have too much fun

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:02 AM   #51
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
Oh you have too much fun
That's not possible!
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 AM   #52
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
That's not possible!
I agree. There's never anything that's too much fun.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:43 AM   #53
Captain

BrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributor
I think planes are very fun!! Does that count as fun?

My Collection - All Models up for trade, PM if interested.

http://www.last.fm/user/briantwigley

BrianTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #54
ATP Captain

Progess report

Here are some updated pictures of the work I've done so far, not including a couple of hours I put in today:

That's me in the ladder doing some final demolition. The big guy next to me is a three time Olympian and former world champion and world record holder in kayak.

This is a view of the south wall, where the door leading to the exterior staircase will be at.

This is a view of the west wall. The large opening in the middle is where the only window in the room will be.

Last edited by Eherran; 12-25-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:09 AM   #55
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Quote:
Here are some updated pictures of the work I've done so far, not including a couple of hours I put in today:

That's me in the ladder doing some final demolition. The big guy next to me is a three time Olympian and former world champion and world record holder in kayak.

This is a view of the south wall, where the door leading to the exterior staircase will be at.

This is a view of the west wall. The large opening in the middle is where the only window in the room will be.
That is going to cost a bomb.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #56
ATP Captain

Not as much as you think, because I'll be doing most of the work myself so there is no labor cost. I don't think I'll work on it today, it will be very cold and windy all day. Not Manchester type of cold, but we are spoiled in Miami, so anything under 65 degrees is arctic weather for us.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #57
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Not as much as you think, because I'll be doing most of the work myself so there is no labor cost. I don't think I'll work on it today, it will be very cold and windy all day. Not Manchester type of cold, but we are spoiled in Miami, so anything under 65 degrees is arctic weather for us.
If you call that weather "arctic weather", then this is "antarctic weather".

Last edited by Rammstein; 11-21-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #58
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
If you call that weather "arctic weather", then this is "antarctic weather".
Holy cow, your school day is over early. What is it, like 2:00 PM over there. Right now is 51 degrees and with the wind chill factor they say is more like 39 degrees. It should go up to about 62 today - no snow or sleet predicted.

Hey I just realized, you should make captain in the next few days.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #59
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Quote:
Holy cow, your school day is over early. What is it, like 2:00 PM over there. Right now is 51 degrees and with the wind chill factor they say is more like 39 degrees. It should go up to about 62 today - no snow or sleet predicted.

Hey I just realized, you should make captain in the next few days.
Actually, i'm at home, feeling very sick. I don't know why though. If it was a normal tuesday I would be at college until about 4:15/4:30, something like that.

To be honest, i'm not bothered about when I become a Captain, but when I do, it'll be Captain Rammy.

Last edited by Rammstein; 11-21-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #60
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon
Quote:
Looking good bro...

You will save a ton of money in labor costs by doing it yourself. My brother is a general contractor and that's all he does is build additions and remodel kitchens, bathrooms, etc. Are you doing all the electrical work yourself?...What kind of lighting are you going with?

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: