New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
Captain

BrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributor
Why not make your own? I'm making my own set of shelves. AdamJets do some nice Acrylic Cases

My Collection - All Models up for trade, PM if interested.

http://www.last.fm/user/briantwigley

BrianTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #17
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTwigley View Post
Why not make your own? I'm making my own set of shelves. AdamJets do some nice Acrylic Cases
I just want a glass case where i can store them and won't get dusty and hopefully where they won't yellow.

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #18
RJ Second Officer

Verbat is flying under the radar
WOW man ...... This is really nice . I hope that i will have half of that or even less and it will make me happy
Verbat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #19
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardar757 View Post
WOW!...Impressive!

Hey bro...When i come to Florida in march i may just have to drive down to Miami to see your collection. I will be going to Orlando for 2 weeks. We are gonna drive down to west plam beach to see our old neighborhood while we are there, which isn't too far from miami.

NOTE: i have a brand new serpentine belt on my van, so I shouldn't have a problem
You are welcome at my house anytime, just let me know in advance so I can at least buy you lunch or dinner (or both). The plane room should be finished by March - I hope .
Eherran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #20
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
You are welcome at my house anytime, just let me know in advance so I can at least buy you lunch or dinner (or both). The plane room should be finished by March - I hope .
Ya hear that Darren? Feel free to stop by at 3 in the morning
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #21

United747 is flying under the radar
WOW That's the biggest collection I ever see that's proboly $50.000 dollars worth of planes you have or more.
United747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
wow sounds nice. can't wait to see it when it is done. Its like an airplane room!!!1
Thanks, hopefully I'll finish in a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WN737 View Post
That will be a fun project! Good luck.
Thanks, lots of hard work, but it will be worth it.

I can't wait to see the progress.
I'll keep you guys posted - more pictures coming tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by United747 View Post
This I got to see. Good luck on the project.
Thanks, I'll need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbat View Post
Sounds really cool , maybe 1 day i will have a big collection and i will make something like this for myself
Just be patient and collect whatever you like - there are no rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneau_Flyer_16 View Post
Looks like a good plan. Keep us posted.
I definitely will.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #23
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer7 View Post
Wow, this is beautiful. My collection is only one third of yours but my girl friend is already complaining. I think I will show her your pictures.

All these show cases with a whole bunch of planes in it is simply gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing.
Get a new girlfriend
Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTwigley View Post
I am in awe! That collection has to be the biggest I have ever seen. How much have you spent on that? And how long have you been collecting for?
I have some idea of how much I've spent, but I don't think I want to know exactly. I've been collecting military aircraft for a long time, but I only got into commercial aircraft this year. The thing with me is that once I get into something, I go totally crazy.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #25
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WN737 View Post
That is a huge collection! You must have spent a fortune on your models.
I rather not think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by n777co View Post
OMG I didn't realize how many planes you had. can't wait to see pictures of it!!
Once everything is organized and set up nicely, I'll post more pictures. It's really hard to take pictures of the airplanes in the glass cases because they have a mirrored back and also, I can't seem to find a good angle to take pictures - either too few planes in the picture or too many planes but very blurry.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #26
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
Could you please share a website/manufacturer as to where you got the display case please?
Sure, this is were I ordered the big one. It took about four weeks for delivery. There are lots of sites selling cases on the web. Shop around, because they are expensive (mine was about $1,100.00). Definitely look for a retailer in England - cost of shipping will kill you.
Store Fixtures and Store Displays at S&L Store Fixture
Old 11-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #27
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
Ya hear that Darren? Feel free to stop by at 3 in the morning
3 in the morning is fine with me. I have six kids, do you actually think I sleep much BTW - you are welcome anytime as well .
Old 11-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #28
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started
1200, i think you rounded it down!
Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #29
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
3 in the morning is fine with me. I have six kids, do you actually think I sleep much BTW - you are welcome anytime as well .
6 of 'em? You poor thing... I hope they're (somewhat) close in age, just so that you can get through their "stages" all at the same time
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #30
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by United747 View Post
WOW That's the biggest collection I ever see that's proboly $50.000 dollars worth of planes you have or more.
do you mean $5000.00 and you misspelles Probibly.

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: