New wing for my 1200+ wings - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #136
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby
Re: New wing for my 1200+ wings

Hmm...that's alot of models to fondle...I might have to make multiple trips to take all those photos.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #137
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Hey Emil,

seeing as how members are showing off their entire collections now, I wondered if you had an updated photo of your room? I certainly hope your airplane acquisition is not keeping apace with that of your posts, else you'll need another room!
I'll try to take some pictures this weekend. The problem is that I am now at 1,700 models and I had to do some re-arranging, add new shelves and the room is not quite picture-ready yet. I've started to squeeze models in between rows by using stands, so it's started to get crowded. Also, I haven't figured out how to take a quality picture that shows the whole room or at least most of the collection in one frame.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #138
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Hmm...that's alot of models to fondle...I might have to make multiple trips to take all those photos.
If there's going to be model fondling involved. I'll rather leave you alone with the models. Don't think I want to be a voyeur for that one.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #139
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
I'll try to take some pictures this weekend. The problem is that I am now at 1,700 models and I had to do some re-arranging, add new shelves and the room is not quite picture-ready yet. I've started to squeeze models in between rows by using stands, so it's started to get crowded. Also, I haven't figured out how to take a quality picture that shows the whole room or at least most of the collection in one frame.

You might have to do a Quicktime 360 degree panning image like real estate agents do!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #140
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
You might have to do a Quicktime 360 degree panning image like real estate agents do!
That would be awesome, I love those videos! I'm trying to fix my L-1011 section before taking some pictures.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #141
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
...The problem is that I am now at 1,700 models ...
5 month and 500 models later...
Is Mrs. Eherran already prepared to give up another room for the collection
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #142
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
5 month and 500 models later...
Is Mrs. Eherran already prepared to give up another room for the collection
She took a different angle - the guilt trip. Her argument was that our 3 year old's room is way smaller than the airplane room and it has no windows. Me being the complete idiot that I am, answered that it was OK, since our 8 and 14 year olds share a room, our 9 and 10 year olds share a room and only the 16 year old has his own room. Big mistake - she countered by telling me that perhaps it would have been better to give the 14 year old his own room rather than making a stupid airplane room. I sunk deeper by saying that she could give up her arts and crafts room to one of the boys. She then responded that I could convert part of the garage into a room for the boys and I foolishly answered that I couldn't do that because my Charger SRT-8 was parked there. OOPS!!! (I was totally set up) - she said: sell the car or sell the models and the problem is solved. I was taken aback and without thinking it over first, I told her we could just get her mother to move out of our guest house and we would gain two more [email protected][email protected]#%^#$&%&*

Anyway:

The doctors say the injuries are not life-threatening and that with much therapy I could resume a semi-normal life again in a couple of years. I can now sip liquids comfortably and next month will attempt to eat some Jello or maybe even mashed potatoes. Also, the surgical team was incredible and they were able to remove the entire shoe out of my rectum. Plastic surgery has gone well and most people can't tell I'm using dentures and have a glass eye. All in all, I think I handled the situation pretty well.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #143
Captain RammsteinSCFCWDW

Rammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciatedRammstein is appreciated

Quote:
She took a different angle - the guilt trip. Her argument was that our 3 year old's room is way smaller than the airplane room and it has no windows. Me being the complete idiot that I am, answered that it was OK, since our 8 and 14 year olds share a room, our 9 and 10 year olds share a room and only the 16 year old has his own room. Big mistake - she countered by telling me that perhaps it would have been better to give the 14 year old his own room rather than making a stupid airplane room. I sunk deeper by saying that she could give up her arts and crafts room to one of the boys. She then responded that I could convert part of the garage into a room for the boys and I foolishly answered that I couldn't do that because my Charger SRT-8 was parked there. OOPS!!! (I was totally set up) - she said: sell the car or sell the models and the problem is solved. I was taken aback and without thinking it over first, I told her we could just get her mother to move out of our guest house and we would gain two more [email protected][email protected]#%^#$&%&*

Anyway:

The doctors say the injuries are not life-threatening and that with much therapy I could resume a semi-normal life again in a couple of years. I can now sip liquids comfortably and next month will attempt to eat some Jello or maybe even mashed potatoes. Also, the surgical team was incredible and they were able to remove the entire shoe out of my rectum. Plastic surgery has gone well and most people can't tell I'm using dentures and have a glass eye. All in all, I think I handled the situation pretty well.
Oh man that was funny.

I can't wait till I get a wife......if I eveer find someone

Rammstein:The Wings900.com, Walt Disney World Fan/Nut
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #144
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:

Anyway:

Emil, I'm posting you a link to a shop that you will need to visit often. All you other guys considering conjugal relationships would be wise to not the number too!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #145
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Don't worry Emil...I already talked with your wife and she said she's going to donate the models to the ol' waffle fund. I have my truck down here so there should be room for most of them.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #146
Operations Director

Your story reminds me of I guy I once saw in the ER - he looked terrible. He had two black eyes, a bloodied nose, missing teeth, cuts and bruises everywhere, and a glof club wrapped around his head!

I asked him what happened and he explained that he had been out for wis weekly round of golf with his wife when they had both sliced their balls off the fairway into an adjoining cow paddock. After searching unsuccessfully for a while around the paddock for the balls, he came on the idea of lifting one of the cows tails - and there was a ball wedged in its behind.

He called out to his wife "Hey, this looks like yours!" .... and that was the last thing he remembered...

Old 04-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #147
ATP Captain

There's a total of 1700 models in my room as of today. It's really hard to take a good picture of them all, because I don't really have a good angle and because I suck at taking pictures. This is the best that I can do:

1:400 side view

1:400 front view

1:400 glass showcase

1:200 and larger

military models
Old 04-12-2007, 12:43 AM   #148
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

I love the baby on the floor model. That adds a personal touch!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #149
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I love the baby on the floor model. That adds a personal touch!
I don't even know who that kid is. Wait..... I think that's my little one, we've been looking for him all day - thanks Wahoo.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #150
Operations Director

They are GREAT pictures! No wonder your collection deserves it's own thread. Obviously you've got your little bloke well-trained if he's even allowed within cooeee of that proud collection. My mob know there are no ball games allowed in the rooms with my models (and sometimes they even observe the rule!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: