How are gas prices where you live? - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #121
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog
Re: How are gas prices where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Somehow, I knew you would say that. Sadly, it's a reality of life. I'm on the road a lot and I simply have to drive to make a living, so whether the gas is $2.49 or $3.49, I still need to pay for it. On the other hand, I did downsize from a 2500 Dodge Power Wagon with a huge 8 cylinder engine to a Nissan Frontier with a 6 cylinder engine. I now get almot twice the miles per gallon I got before.
So... that means you're getting almost 2 miles per gallon now?
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #122
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You didn't know I was going to say that. Did you tell Waffle like Darren does in his little rigged userbar contests? That's the only proof we'll ever have.
What if Waffle is in on it? Didn't think about that one, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
So... that means you're getting almost 2 miles per gallon now?
Going downhill with the wind behind my back.

BTW: I wonder what kind of gas mileage Al Gore gets in his private
jet?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #123
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
What if Waffle is in on it? Didn't think about that one, did you?

Going downhill with the wind behind my back.

BTW: I wonder what kind of gas mileage Al Gore gets in his private
jet?
Al Gore gets awesome gas mileage!

Oh, did I tell you I am pregnant again? Our team gyne said I am.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #124
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Quote:
Al Gore gets awesome gas mileage!

Oh, did I tell you I am pregnant again? Our team gyne said I am.
There was a big article today on Gore's $20,000+ yearly electrical bill.

Congratulations on making medical history!

I can only imagine what sort of "testing" or "analysis" he performed on you.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #125
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
There was a big article today on Gore's $20,000+ yearly electrical bill.

Congratulations on making medical history!

I can only imagine what sort of "testing" or "analysis" he performed on you.
He that probe thing again. It's always the same thing.

All those actors and AlGore are funny aren't they?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #126
ATP Captain

Quote:
He that probe thing again. It's always the same thing.

All those actors and AlGore are funny aren't they?
Got to love them probes.

Yep, those actors are freaking hilarious. Did you see DiCaprio crawl out of Gore's a** and then crawl right back in after he kissed it for several minutes in front of a global audience. Don't worry, Al pointed out that the show had gone "green" this year.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #127
Operations Director

Quote:
Got to love them probes.

Yep, those actors are freaking hilarious. Did you see DiCaprio crawl out of Gore's a** and then crawl right back in after he kissed it for several minutes in front of a global audience. Don't worry, Al pointed out that the show had gone "green" this year.
Yep the whole thing is a joke. I really wish Hollywood would stick to acting. Not politics. It makes me not want to rent movies or even go to then. I guess I liked it better when I was 10 years old and thought that William Shatner really lived on the Enterprise. Now that I am 43 I can see that actors are really baffoons.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #128
ATP Captain

Quote:
Yep the whole thing is a joke. I really wish Hollywood would stick to acting. Not politics. It makes me not want to rent movies or even go to then. I guess I liked it better when I was 10 years old and thought that William Shatner really lived on the Enterprise. Now that I am 43 I can see that actors are really baffoons.
Wait a minute there. What are you trying to say here? Are you saying Shatner and Nimoy didn't really live on the Enterprise. You don't mean to tell me all that stuff wasn't real, like the green babes and the Vulcan kung fu death grip. We've all been living a lie!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #129
Operations Director

Quote:
Wait a minute there. What are you trying to say here? Are you saying Shatner and Nimoy didn't really live on the Enterprise. You don't mean to tell me all that stuff wasn't real, like the green babes and the Vulcan kung fu death grip. We've all been living a lie!
Well, ummm....yeah. Oh boy I feel bad now. I seen Shatner on a commercial for Priceline.com, unless he came back from space. I don't know. Maybe we should call him. He's at Priceline.com

Oh, I forgot to ask, how big is your carbon footprint?

Last edited by Captain Wahoo; 03-01-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #130
ATP Captain

Quote:
Well, ummm....yeah. Oh boy I feel bad now. I seen Shatner on a commercial for Priceline.com, unless he came back from space. I don't know. Maybe we should call him. He's at Priceline.com

Oh, I forgot to ask, how big is your carbon footprint?
That was scary! For a while there I thought you were saying Star Trek wasn't real. I've seen all the Star Trek people walking around here on planet Earth, usually around conference rooms in small hotels - I think they secretly own Hotel chains.

My carbon footprint is a 10 1/2. Or is it 10 1/2 x 2, which would make it 21? Either way, I don't wear carbon much, I prefer rubber or leather.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #131
Operations Director

Quote:
That was scary! For a while there I thought you were saying Star Trek wasn't real. I've seen all the Star Trek people walking around here on planet Earth, usually around conference rooms in small hotels - I think they secretly own Hotel chains.

My carbon footprint is a 10 1/2. Or is it 10 1/2 x 2, which would make it 21? Either way, I don't wear carbon much, I prefer rubber or leather.
You're not environmentally friendly now are you?

Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #132
ATP Captain

Quote:
You're not environmentally friendly now are you?
I'm sorry Cap, where can I get myself a solar powered car? Also, I'm thinking of building my own mini nuclear reactor. I wonder how my pemitting process will go.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #133
Operations Director

Quote:
I'm sorry Cap, where can I get myself a solar powered car? Also, I'm thinking of building my own mini nuclear reactor. I wonder how my pemitting process will go.
Wow, nuclear. Maybe Iran can help ya out! Tell them you'll trade them an old 747 for some uranium! The only thing is, you won't be telling them it's a model of a 747. Iran Air of course.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #134
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Looks like gas prices have finally jumped even higher down here. Was at the BP across from my school, and it appears that gas is now at $2.45. They better spend that to install those little round rubber thingys on the Nozzel. Those have been disappearing lately from stations all over here, and quite frankly, having about 1-2 dollars worth of gas literally fly out of the tank when it tops off is no fun.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 03-02-2007 at 06:39 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #135
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Looks like gas prices have finally jumped even higher down here. Was at the BP across from my school, and it appears that gas is now at $2.45. They better spend that to install those little round rubber thingys on the Nozzel. Those have been disappearing lately from stations all over here, and quite frankly, having about 1-2 dollars worth of gas literally fly out of the tank when it tops off is no fun.
People steal those little rubber thingys. That's a Florida thing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: